!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ SAINTS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='kennethmw' date='15 August 2009 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1250306587' post='791491']
What I saw was that our first team D is going to be a bitch. Our first team O can move the ball, but has to quit making unforced errors. Hodge is capable of playing backup Mike. Our three wides are going to be pretty good, and Ced and Scott can step on the pedal. JT can move the team if we need him to, but I'd still rather have Mr. Palmer back there. Brunell is a better back up against our second team, than JT was against theirs. We cannot afford a lot of injuries this year, one or two won't hurt but after that the youth starts to show. Overall, I think we get a C+ first team O, an A- first team D, a B second O, and an incomplete second team D just because Brunell knows how to play and they let him play most of the 2nd and 3rd.
[/quote]

Hey Kenneth, I agree with all of this! I would have liked to have seen more pass rush from Geathers and Odom but NO has a pretty good O-line, not allowing very many sacks last year. Our run defense should be very good. Pass rush is a question mark. Starting corners are good, depth is shaky.

I wasn't impressed with our O-line. Pass protection was so-so. Run blocking wasn't that good for Benson, though he's not as quick as Scott or Dorsey. Looks to me like we won't have an interior running game which is what Benson's best suited for. We might have a wide running game with Scott if he can hold up.

Archived