Bengals v Jaguars 11/02/08

OK. So I need to get my posting count up to 100. I thought I would start by replying to that 'When was your first game' thread some one started a couple of weeks ago but I gave up looking for it as I have a pretty short attention sp...'look, a squirrel!'...so I've started a new thread...sorry :blink:

Coming from the UK (not the University of Kentucky, the other one) obviously means it's not that easy to get to Bengals games so the first one I went to was, you won't be surprised to hear, the Jags at PBS last November.

I've got to say, the whole thing was a pretty amazing experience. To actually see the Bengals win their first game of the season, to see three TD's, two of which were scored by 85, all of which happened under sunny blue skies with temperatures in the high 70's (in NOVEMBER??? in CINCINNATI???) was way more than I could possibly have hoped for when I left the UK. And the Jags were staying in our hotel (the Hyatt) which was pretty cool as well. We saw most of the players, plus Jack Del Rio and Mike Tice. I never saw MJD though..maybe he just walked right under my nose or something! Loads of other stuff made it really memorable, like the Galaxy fly past, seeing the tailgating before the game and loads of other stuff. And I have to say, PBS is an impressive stadium.

So I reckon, me and my partner must be a lucky omen for The Bengals. This is good as we're going to be seeing them in Oakland in November. I can't believe we got tickets, I thought it would have been sold out (that's British irony BTW). I can't wait for that and for the season to start. There is so much to be excited about right now. OK, it was gutting (as we say in the UK) what happened to the tight ends and then Andre, but there's so much to be excited about with the ever improving 'D' and the pass rush, the receiver corps, all the rookies (including Andre when he gets fit - man he is HUGE!!) We've got to have a winning season at the very least (haven't we?)

Oh well, that's post number 7 I think, 93 to go!

WHO DEY!

i cant wait for opening week... so much anticipation over the next week+... i may need an extra day off to prepare myself...

family is coming to down, Dan is flying in i think, its gonna be a sweet weekend no matter what.. but starting 2009 off with a WIN, against denver (where my sister and her fiance are coming from) will be great..

cant wait.

I'm really geeked for the season. I've always been a huge fan of defense, and this is shaping up to be a good one... I keep reading all of this crap about how bad the Bengals will do, and I don't think any of those prognosticators are giving the defense any credit. I think they're all assuming last year was a misleading stat, this year's defense won't be better, and they will actually slide back into the defense that the offense will have to score 30+ a game to offset. I really believe we have the defense to beat some people up.

Archived