Bengal's limo crashes after school appearance

[b]Bengal's limo crashes after school appearance[/b]
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 10, 2009 4:35 PM ET
The NFL's Take a Player to School program is a nice opportunity for kids to meet real, live football players, and for players to encourage kids to balance their school work with a commitment to physical fitness.

But a Take a Player to School event near Cincinnati today ended badly for Bengals defensive back Chinedum Ndukwe.

After Ndukwe visited Ockerman Elementary School, his limousine crashed into a utility pole. Ndukwe wasn't injured, and the child who had won the Take a Player to School contest, who was given a ride in the limo earlier in the day, was not in the car at the time of the crash.

Police told WLWT that the driver of a second vehicle might have suffered a broken arm, but the crash remains under investigation, and police would not reveal additional details.

The first thing that came to my mind when I read the title was about the NFL function in which the Bengals staff all showed up in like a minivan when everyone else came in limos. I was expecting to open this thread and find a photoshopped pictured of a totalled Pinto with a Bengals bumper sticker on it... :P

I think it's funny that with all of the past drinking problems it was so emphasized that you should call a cab/driver/limo to the point where the team would pay for the service if you were out and needed one. And then a player in a limo gets into an accident. Sure it's not related, but still a little ironic.

Archived