Crazy thought...

JBandJoeyV

Manny Ramirez was just placed on waivers...

Manny, even though hes having an off year, is still an over .300 hitter with power and RBI potential.

He would add some potentcy to this team and make our offense even better then it already is.

I know hes a headache, but would having him for a month or two really cause many problems?

His defense is still a liability but so is Gomes.

Also, while we would be on the hook for like 3 mil or something, only 1.1 of it would be due the rest deferred.

New lineup of...

1. Phillips
2. Cabrera/Stubbs
3. Votto
4. Rolen
5. Ramirez
6. Bruce
7. Stubbs/Janish/Heisey
8. Hanigan/Ramon

Or something like that...id MUCH rather have him then Jonny "Popout or strikeout" Gomes.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1282769569' post='910130']
either way I just don't see it happening. I'd rather replace gomes with heisy.
[/quote]

I guess Jocketty said its not gonna happen...whatever.

I agree with Heisey over Gomes, although maybe now that Gomes got homer number 100 out of the way he'll focus more on basehits and stuff? One can hope cant they?

at this point they should probably looking at making a waiver claim for a starting pitcher.

They're talking about shutting down leake.

They're talking about sending Volquez to the bullpen.

Harang is reportedly headed to the bullpen.

That leaves you with a rotation of Arroyo, Wood who's coming off a bad start, Cueto who's coming off of two bad starts, Bailey who had a bad start today, and who?

Granted, I won't freak out too much about the SF series where the giants just seemed to hit everything, but starting pitching has become a HUGE issue the last few weeks. In the last 2 weeks everyone has gotten light up at least once if not multiple times.

This team is really going to regret not grabbing a vet at the trade deadline.

Reds should claim Ted Lilly. Dodgers just put him on waivers. He's 5-0 in 5 starts with a 1.83 ERA since being traded to the Dodgers just before the trade deadline.

Leake's on the DL, Harang is headed to the pen, and Wood is coming off a bad start and is still a rookie that could hit a wall at any time.

Only $2 million left on his contract. Its likely another team would put a claim in first, but at least try.

Archived