I Know I'm Dreaming But I'll Post it Anyway

Jason

Somehow Andre Luck gets past Carolina and Denver. (This is the dreaming part)

We trade #3 to San Francisco for #7, #40 and #106

Re-sign Ced and if necessary, tag JoJo

1:7 - Julio Jones WR Alabama - Big WR with good speed. Also the best run blocker of the top prospects. Ced will love this guy.
2:35 - Marcus Cannon OG TCU - a big mauler to replace Bobbie.
2:40 - DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson - Upgrade the backfield
3:67 - Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson - another guy in the rotation
4:99 - Greg Romeus DE Pitt - slides because of the injuries
4:106 - Wayne Daniels OLB TCU - Competition for the SAM LB when Rey moves inside
5:131 - Clint Boling OG Georgia - competes for LG
7:195 - Kris Adams WR UTEP - tall and fast

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1293318491' post='953404']
Somehow Andre Luck gets past Carolina and Denver. (This is the dreaming part)

We trade #3 to San Francisco for #7, #40 and #106

Re-sign Ced and if necessary, tag JoJo

1:7 - Julio Jones WR Alabama - Big WR with good speed. Also the best run blocker of the top prospects. Ced will love this guy.
2:35 - Marcus Cannon OG TCU - a big mauler to replace Bobbie.
2:40 - DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson - Upgrade the backfield
3:67 - Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson - another guy in the rotation
4:99 - Greg Romeus DE Pitt - slides because of the injuries
4:106 - Wayne Daniels OLB TCU - Competition for the SAM LB when Rey moves inside
5:131 - Clint Boling OG Georgia - competes for LG
7:195 - Kris Adams WR UTEP - tall and fast
[/quote]

I like the draft a lot and I really like the pick of Romeus. I don't know how far he'll slide but but I think you have him sliding too far. If it weren't for the injuries he'd be a great pick for the 2nd round. If you believe that they were actually interested in Jamaal Anderson(6'6" 280) back in 2007, then Romeus(6'6" 265) is exactly the type of end they like (Dunlap - 6'6" 277, Johnson 6'7"268). He'd be more of a pick for 2012 and beyond, but it would be a good pick since he could work on recovering from his ACL and back surgery and improve his strength and technique while backing up Micahel Johnson.

Assuming Peko, Simms, Atkins and Tank are all back next year, then I'm not sure there's room in the rotation for Jenkins. I suppose he could compete with Tank and Simms for the last tackle spot on the roster, but I think I'd rather look at either a TE to replace Kelley (possible retirement) or another receiver (assuming both Chad and TO are gone in your dream). So I'd look at either WR Ronald Johnson USC (could also give Quan competition at returner) and one of the tightends like Kendricks or Stocker if one of them is still there.

Archived