Egypt

Jamie_B

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296839390' post='968240']
How come USA always has to help? Why do they always ask us? When we accept, why do we have to foot the bill too? It should be like when I pay the tivo guy to come fix shit, the tivo guy doesn't come on his own dime.
[/quote]

You think we "have to"... How silly... Of course, trying to influence things to come out in our best interest would have nothing to do with it... It's just America with that big 'ol heart of ours.... Shame!

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296839936' post='968244']
You think we "have to"... How silly... Of course, trying to influence things to come out in our best interest would have nothing to do with it... It's just America with that big 'ol heart of ours.... Shame!
[/quote]

I don't understand your post. You're trying to be all sarcastic and smart and your message is lost. Just say what you mean please. Or use ninjas.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296841404' post='968250']
I don't understand your post. You're trying to be all sarcastic and smart and your message is lost. Just say what you mean please. [b]Or use ninjas.[/b]
[/quote]

I find mutual beneficial relationships best... Feeling used makes for a cranky ninja.. That's never good.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296841944' post='968252']
I find mutual beneficial relationships best... Feeling used makes for a cranky ninja.. That's never good.
[/quote]

How come all of the USA's mutual beneficial arrangements feel one sided (to me anyway)? Are we gonna get a shit load of oil for helping these guys out? What's in it for us, besides warm fuzzies?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296842240' post='968253']
How come all of the USA's mutual beneficial arrangements feel one sided (to me anyway)? [b]Are we gonna get a shit load of oil[/b] for helping these guys out? What's in it for us, besides warm fuzzies?
[/quote]

We don't?

Are you familiar with the prices other parts of the world pay for petroleum? I know it's hard to tell with you, when you are being sarcastic... But you don't think we get anything for our meddling in the middle east?

If not.. How come it's the only place we meddle? Why don't we send troops to Africa when there is oppression and hostile military actions?

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296842596' post='968254']
We don't?

Are you familiar with the prices other parts of the world pay for petroleum? I know it's hard to tell with you, when you are being sarcastic... But you don't think we get anything for our meddling in the middle east?

If not.. How come it's the only place we meddle? Why don't we send troops to Africa when there is oppression and hostile military actions?
[/quote]

I know we get oil, but it needs to be free. Yeah, I know that the blokes in UK feel a proper kick in the bollacks regarding the price of petrol. But when you're burning as many calories as the USA does, that shit needs to be free. Or else bombs need to happen. That is why Bush is the best, he will AIR RAID you if you try to awesome up to us.

Oh yeah, aren't we talking about Africa? I'm the forum authority on African Geography so I know for sure Egypt is in Africa.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296843008' post='968257']
I know we get oil, but it needs to be free. Yeah, I know that the blokes in UK feel a proper kick in the bollacks regarding the price of petrol. But when you're burning as many calories as the USA does, that shit needs to be free. Or else bombs need to happen. That is why Bush is the best, he will AIR RAID you if you try to awesome up to us.

Oh yeah, aren't we talking about Africa? I'm the forum authority on African Geography so I know for sure Egypt is in Africa.
[/quote]

Yeah true.. But culturally and economically there is a big difference between the rest of Africa, and Egypt. Simple case of foot in mouth (I should have said "the rest of Africa" or even more succinctly, non oil producing, non western nations).. But the intended meaning remains true nonetheless.

Well maybe we need to get some actuaries on this. Do you guys know if USA is getting enough value? Even oil at a discount seems like not enough for the trillions that add on to the debt via spending and interest. Yall know of any studies on this? If not, this is not a good business decision, Obamba.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296844443' post='968262']
Well maybe we need to get some actuaries on this. Do you guys know if USA is getting enough value? Even oil at a discount seems like not enough for the trillions that add on to the debt via spending and interest. Yall know of any studies on this? If not, this is not a good business decision, Obamba.
[/quote]

I agree... To bad people forgot about how motivated they were to get off oil during the 70's embargo.. In the cost of lives and treasure it makes no sense.. Unless you are an entrenched plutocrat protecting your interests of course. And why not when you can get "business insurance" subsidized by the tax payers?

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296844991' post='968263']
I agree... To bad people forgot about how motivated they were to get off oil during the 70's embargo.. In the cost of lives and treasure it makes no sense.. Unless you are an entrenched plutocrat protecting your interests of course. And why not when you can get "business insurance" subsidized by the tax payers?
[/quote]

Let's rewind for my sake, since I wasn't alive...

In the 70's US citizens were trying to wean themselves off oil? I remember something in Superman III or something where gas was running out or it was expensive. If this is true, why are we back addicted to this black liquid crack?

2. I've never seen this word "plutoecrat" used more than on this Bengals message board. Tells you how much our team sucks, we are often talking about other things :)

How are these "Plutoecrats" in charge of all this? Cause regular Americans are too dumb to vote for stuff?

Thanks Lucid.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296845520' post='968265']
Let's rewind for my sake, since I wasn't alive...

In the 70's US citizens were trying to wean themselves off oil? I remember something in Superman III or something where gas was running out or it was expensive. If this is true, why are we back addicted to this black liquid crack?

2. I've never seen this word "plutoecrat" used more than on this Bengals message board. Tells you how much our team sucks, we are often talking about other things :)

How are these "Plutoecrats" in charge of all this? Cause regular Americans are too dumb to vote for stuff?

Thanks Lucid.
[/quote]

1. Reagan
2. (Money + time and effort)*Ignorance = Plutocracy

**edited**

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296845801' post='968266']
1. Reagan
2. (Money + time and effort)*Ignorance = Plutocracy

**edited**
[/quote]

I will read Wikipedia, but I need more info on how Reagan caused some Superman II scenario.

2. That will never be fixed. People will always be dumb, so I think I will just try to gain access to this Plutogang. I feel I have been initiated enough, let me in please.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296846436' post='968268']
I will read Wikipedia, but I need more info on how Reagan caused some Superman II scenario.

[b]2. That will never be fixed. People will always be dumb, so I think I will just try to gain access to this Plutogang. I feel I have been initiated enough, let me in please.[/b]
[/quote]

Quite likely.. Good luck with that...

Maybe if you promise to sit quietly in the back... OH! And I have a second hand apron....

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296846752' post='968270']
Quite likely.. Good luck with that...

Maybe if you promise to sit quietly in the back... OH! And I have a second hand apron....
[/quote]

ahahahaha, I will get in I promise, Sois Inc is already taking off. Soon we will be a powerful hedge fund and will will have influence to do cool things like legalize death penalty with no appeal.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296847840' post='968275']
ahahahaha, I will get in I promise, Sois Inc is already taking off. Soon we will be a powerful hedge fund and will will have influence to do cool things like legalize death penalty with no appeal.
[/quote]

Do yo need the apron?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296856953' post='968303']
I wish there were still minus's here.
[/quote]

I keep a running tally in my head.. Should I mark you down for a -1?

(BTW that was quote from the video I posted, not an attack on you)

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1296858138' post='968311']
I keep a running tally in my head.. Should I mark you down for a -1?

(BTW that was quote from the video I posted, not an attack on you)
[/quote]

I realize it was from the video, but the video was something shitty. -1.
I realize it was not an attack on me. -0.
Never mark me down for a -1, I am awesome. -1 for even mentioning that. :)
Egypt is muslimy. +1

I have ball park figure in my head, I'm probly like +69,000. Most of my comments are totes.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296859666' post='968312']
I realize it was from the video, but the video was something shitty. -1.
I realize it was not an attack on me. -0.
Never mark me down for a -1, I am awesome. -1 for even mentioning that. :)
Egypt is muslimy. +1

I have ball park figure in my head, I'm probly like +69,000. Most of my comments are totes.
[/quote]

+1 I am eating enchiladas made by real mexicans.

Archived