5 Reasons Humanity is Terrible at Democracy

Squirrlnutz

I have been saying for years that 24 hour news services are the scourge of society. I have also been saying that people who blindly "root" for their political party like a football fan are the biggest problem...they don't care about the issues, they just care if their "team" wins!

Excellent article!

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1301232898' post='980273']
I read Cracked every day. It's comedy first and foremost but they do actual research on all of the articles, and every week or so they'll come out with a bit like this that really rings true.
[/quote]

Indeed.

Sad that one might actually consider them one of the more reputable news sources out there...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1301238820' post='980288']
Indeed.

Sad that one might actually consider them one of the more reputable news sources out there...
[/quote]

Screw that noise! Mad is obviously the better source! They have a back cover fold-in poster that show the REAL truth!!!!

Ummm... Wait. Do the magazines still actually exist in magazine form these days? I haven't been past a magazine stand in ages and just realized some people may not get that reference.

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1301242865' post='980314']
Screw that noise! Mad is obviously the better source! They have a back cover fold-in poster that show the REAL truth!!!!

Ummm... Wait. Do the magazines still actually exist in magazine form these days? I haven't been past a magazine stand in ages and just realized some people may not get that reference.
[/quote]

I definitely get the joke (grew up on Mad and Cracked as a magazine SUCKED), but it's pretty obvious which one of these made the transition to digital successfully. I honestly have no idea if either one still exists in print, but I can say that I don't recall ever visiting the Mad website...

Archived