First Macbook Pro problem I really have ever had.....

My macbook pro was starting to act like a dell $349 special the past few days, so since I had the day off I decided to reboot and test something things out, do some research, and see what was up..

So i deleted probably 20 apps i hadnt used in over a year, etc. restarted, same issues... i was getting the rainbow pinwheel when i opened anything for about 10-15 seconds, a new tab on a browser even...

so i hit support forums, and first suggestion is disk permissions, ran the utility and sure enough 3-4 permission issues, 2 of which were java related, so i figured that was a likely candidate for the pinwheel problem.

fix, rebooted, ran utility, all clear, tested... same problem still..

researched some more... several sources say disk fragment issue, so i research from apple, who basically says "lol fragmentation is a windows problem, retard" so i look more and it can be currupt disk... so i run the utility to verify disk and repair it, both processes failed, and the repair task stated" unrepairable, backup, format hard drive and reinstall..

so i got to thinking "this is the type of shit i wanted to avoid going mac" so i looked up what causes it..

basically changing drives, backing up and restoring data, downloading and deleteing data, etc.. then i thought... i did this about 100 times.

i went from a 250GB 5400 drive to a 250GB 7200 drive(cuz i had one laying around)
went from a 250 to a 500gb
went from a 500 to a 1TB drive
went from leopard to snow leopard to lion, to mountain lion. and done 4 time capsule restorations.

so im surprised it didnt happen earlier..

and the macbook is almost 4 years old at this point..

so i time capsule backed up, formatted my hard drive, checked it, passed with flying colors, installed mountain lion fresh, and am good to go..

blazing fast and no lag anywhere...

my co worker got a new retina 15" macbook pro... so my nerd senses have me dying to get one for myself...

i think I can hold off until march now...

Archived