What are you watching for tonight?

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1347307024' post='1155831']
everything coming from Marvin & Co this week regaurding ball security leads me to belive they will be coming out with an approach like you've described

high percentage passes that put our guys (AJ, Hawk, and Gresh particularly) in a position to get some yards after the catch
[/quote]

FWIW this was from Marvin's presser this week...

"We're a different offense. So I don't know why we keep trying to compare put our guys in that situation. We have a very very good outside receiver. And now we have a couple other developing outside receivers we're different style of offense. [b]We're gonna run the football play action pass through -- over your heads every chance we get so we're different style of offense.[/b]"

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1347303065' post='1155817']
Agree with your thought process, but everyone in the league knows Andy will just throw jump balls in the vicinity of AJ and hope he comes down with it. I believe the Ravens will be banking on that early and if we get cute and throw the ball 60 yards down field on our first passing play of our first couple drives, I have a bad feeling BAL comes down with one of them.

I want to see them getting AJ involved early with screens or slants. Let him catch a few with space to run, move him around and get him the ball in 2,3,4 different spots on the field. Then blow the cover off the top down field.

I can't shake the feeling that turning the ball over on a lazy play call hoping for the huge play early in the game will be a death sentence.
[/quote]

if you go back to the first drive of the San Francisco game last year, I think that's what this passing game ultimately is intended to look like. quick passes on 3-5 step drops, Gresham down the middle of the field.

Archived