Help..direct tv or TIme warner cable

Guest The Carson Show

Guest The Carson Show
i have been with time warner cable for 3 yrs and have the DVR and hbo on demand and pay about 100 dollars a month
there is a promotion right now with directtv that is 35 dollars a month with tivo for 3 months and then 46 dollars a month with tivo after the 3 months...to add hbo it would be 12 dollars more
obviosly directtv is quite cheaper but if i switch to it can i still order PPV events like UFC and boxing matches???
Nfl network is another thing i want IS the NFL network worth it and does it show games or mostly highlights??
any other insight to what i should do is appreciated

Guest The Carson Show
[quote name='Tiger Stripes' date='Jul 2 2005, 02:57 PM']direct tv is where it's at nfl network makes the offseason a little easier and you can still get ppv with direct tv.
[right][post="109947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
but does NFL network broadcast games during the season or just highlights
what does nfl network show during offseason??is is the best games from last season??

and is the nfl sunday ticket you can order worth it

Guest mongoloido
I'd do research between Direct TV and Dish Network. Cable doesn't have it's act together and is clearly the last option (in my opinion). I have Direct TV. My brother has Dish Network. They are both good. Direct TV seems a touch cheaper. Dish Network seems a touch more robust.

Guest The Carson Show
oops found this previous thread taht answered my questions

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=5813"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=5813[/url]
well thats it my impulsive ass ponied up and ordered directtv..WHOOO
getting installed wednesday

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Jul 2 2005, 04:36 PM']oops found this previous thread taht answered my questions

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=5813"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=5813[/url]
well thats it my impulsive ass ponied up and ordered directtv..WHOOO
getting installed wednesday
[right][post="109964"][/post][/right][/quote]

got mine installed yesterday. my eyes hurt from watching tv :)

anyone have the sports package? is it worth the $12? and still wondering what that "window" button on the remote does. Can't seem to get it to do anything...

Guest steggyD
which remote do you have? Did you get an RCA receiver? or one of those new directv receivers.

DirecTV is the way to go, it's the only place to get the Sunday ticket. If you don't need Sunday ticket, maybe it's not that big of a deal. In my opinion, their customer service is kind of shotty. And you can't watch television during big storms. It once interrupted a very dramatic part of a movie I was watching.

NFL Network shows many things in the offseason, such as past games of the week. There are a couple Bengals games that made game of the week. They have total nfl access, with people talking about football, and camps, etc. Chad Johnson is a regular on NFL Network. Oh, I almost forgot. They had a reality show about Miami cheerleader tryouts. That was a very good show. I think it's over now, I'm not sure, but maybe they will show reruns. Nothing like watching a bunch of hot floridian girls trying out in skimpy outfits. Mmmmm, skimpy.

Guest BadassBengal
I don't like DirecTV because it seems that whenever there's alot of clouds, or it starts storming, you get no reception. You won't be able to see nada. That happened to me while I was watchin a Final Four game last year in Memphis. Pissed me off. I ended up having to go next door to watch it. Cable doesn't have NFL Network, tho...so if you really want that, go ahead and get DTV. It's not THAT bad, but It's annoying if you're watching somethin special or whatnot. But this was like 3 years ago when I last had satellite, so the tech might have improved since then. I dunno.

I have had directv three years now...I can count on one hand how many times we lost reception. Whatever you do though, have it installed on the ground if you can. Heavy snow will collect on it and you sometimes have to go wipe it off to get reception. I would hate to have to climb on a roof to clean it off in the snow.

Guest The Carson Show
getting it installed on WED.
probably on roof though...i had dish network 3 yrs ago installedon the ground and some drunk ass thought it would be funny to turn the dish around...called dish network and they wanted to charge me 100 bucks to come out and realign it...FUCK THAT..it took me 2 hours to realign it myself

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 2 2005, 04:10 PM']got mine installed yesterday. my eyes hurt from watching tv :)
anyone have the sports package? is it worth the $12? and still wondering what that "window" button on the remote does. Can't seem to get it to do anything...
[right][post="109966"][/post][/right][/quote]

The sports package is good for the college sports seasons, mainly football and basketball. If you get the package you get nearly every FoxSports channel so you get alot of cfb and cbb games that you normally wouldn't get to see. Also during the NBA season, NBA TV is a good channel. It's like NFL Network expect for they show live games. If you watch alot sports on TV then it's cool, if not it's really not worth it. I had it and cancelled it because after the cbb season it wasn't worth it, imo..

Carson good to hear you switched to Direct TV, I've had it for a year now and I love it, I'm never going back to cable.....

Guest BadassBengal
I have a question that may seem kinda stoooped, but does DirecTV have HD programming? If so, then that along with the sports ticket thing and NFL Network might be enough to help me persuade my pops to switch over..

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='jza10304' date='Jul 5 2005, 12:31 PM']Sunday Ticket is the shit....if you live out of state.  Otherwise I can't watch Bengals games...but if you like to watch the other teams too, then it might be worth it.
[right][post="110683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hell yea, I do. I'd basically watch any game unless it was a matchup between two boring teams like the Saints and the Browns. But otherwise..yea. Sundays during the school year are usually my reserved time for schoolwork. I need help procrastinating from doing my work, so I need football to help me...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 5 2005, 11:14 AM']I have a question that may seem kinda stoooped, but does DirecTV have HD programming? If so, then that along with the sports ticket thing and NFL Network might be enough to help me persuade my pops to switch over..
[right][post="110654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah HDTV is available on Direct TV and the have many new features for HDTV with the Sunday Ticket this year. Tell pops to make the switch, it will be the best decision he's ever made.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jul 5 2005, 12:59 PM']Yeah HDTV is available on Direct TV and the have many new features for HDTV with the Sunday Ticket this year.  Tell pops to make the switch, it will be the best decision he's ever made.
[right][post="110688"][/post][/right][/quote]

:o

I wonder what time daddy gets home from work...

Guest BadassBengal

My dad told me to go to hell and buy it myself when I asked him if we could switch to DirecTV. :unsure:

Bad day at work...perhaps? Or maybe...he doesn't like me...

Guest steggyD

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 6 2005, 01:41 PM']My dad told me to go to hell and buy it myself when I asked him if we could switch to DirecTV.  :unsure:  

Bad day at work...perhaps? Or maybe...he doesn't like me...
[right][post="111141"][/post][/right][/quote]
I'd go with the latter.

Archived