The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Dallas Cowboys

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355421401' post='1192287']

I don't think it cost them the game, but I do think it cost them a chance at 3 points as my edited post notes.

If not for the facemask they would have had 1:20 and a timeout around their own 40 to work with.
[/quote]

We can't just assume it cost us three points, what if Dalton throws a pick 6 instead ? We could have this argument about Cook till the very end no matter what stats or game film shows us. People defended Simpson, Guycheck, Rivers and Livings till the very end.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355422329' post='1192298']

Hawkins also had 2 3rd down drops.

truth is any number of plays would have won them the game. There were just too many mistakes, and uncharacteristically by some of the best players on the team.
[/quote]

Yep agree. Hawkins and Aj Green's drops were huge.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1355422727' post='1192304']
[b]We can't just assume it cost us three points, what if Dalton throws a pick 6 instead [/b]? We could have this argument about Cook till the very end no matter what stats or game film shows us. People defended Simpson, Guycheck, Rivers and Livings till the very end.
[/quote]

I suppose there's a good reason then that I said "a [b]chance[/b] at three points."

We can't just assume it cost us three points, what if Dalton throws a pick 6 instead ? We could have this argument about Cook till the very end no matter what stats or game film shows us. People defended Simpson, Guycheck, Rivers and Livings till the very end.
[/quote]
True. We lost by only one point. Maybe one of the penalties on Cook cost us a drive we would have gotten points otherwise.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda I guess

We can't just assume it cost us three points, what if Dalton throws a pick 6 instead ? We could have this argument about Cook till the very end [b]no matter what stats or game film shows us[/b]. People defended Simpson, Guycheck, Rivers and Livings till the very end.
[/quote]

so is there a specific game you'd recommend watching? I'm currently sitting here watching Cook handle Haloti Ngata quite well in Baltimore last year.

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1355423529' post='1192312']
And what does it say to our scouting dept. That we got Burfict, Robinson & Lamour after the draft ?
[/quote]
Our scouting department has made a dramatic turnaround in the last number of years, and I think bringing on the new full-time guys has really helped as well. Not only are we consistently nailing the draft, but we are also, as you point out, bringing in at least a couple of solid UFA's who make the team and contribute every year, it seems.

Archived