"FREE" DirectTV Sunday Ticket Streaming - includes Red Zone Channel

I bought the online only version. Had problems logging in as I stated previously (even though they charged me). I called 4 times on Saturday and received 3 different 800 numbers which led me nowhere. The most promising answer was "it'll be fixed tomorrow." When I called Sunday morning I was told it was a known issue and would work at 12:45pm. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I did finally get in when I checked around noon.

I could only login via the web instead of iPad app however. Nevertheless I was able to use Airplay from the wife's Mac to see it on a big screen. Not exactly HD and froze somewhat often but I'll take it. I'm hoping DirectTV works out some kinks and there'll be less lag going forward.

Anyone have history enough to know if it gets better after week 1? Sounds like people mentioned DirectTV repeatedly underestimates week 1 traffic, but do they actually fix it?

Alright I got the game and ticket today. I followed the directions, going to the right website, put in the credentials. But now when I click on the 'start watching' button, i get a message that says Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV to make changes to your programming and equipment. I also get another message: CONGRATULATIONS! NFL SUNDAY TICKET has been added to your account. Take me to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. 

But when I click to go to Sunday ticket, I just get that first message and it actually follows me down the page, while it is trying to sell me on the regular Sunday Ticket. I just got off the phone with Direct tv and told them I couldn't get service where I was, and he acted like I HAD to pay $300. Then when I started getting pissed and explained that this was online only he gave me the number and website to EA sports. This is getting annoying as hell. 

Mully, what did you do to get it fixed?

I am also getting this message in the terms and conditions: 
Terms & Conditions

Price valid for new DIRECTV customers only. If you're a current customer, please sign in to see your actual price.

I tried to login tonight to see if I could watch a replay and also got the "call to make programming changes"... Which it wasn't doing a few days ago.

I didn't want to deal with the hassle so haven't called. Post up your progress, I bet this happens to each of us.

Alright I got the game and ticket today. I followed the directions, going to the right website, put in the credentials. But now when I click on the 'start watching' button, i get a message that says Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV to make changes to your programming and equipment. I also get another message: CONGRATULATIONS! NFL SUNDAY TICKET has been added to your account. Take me to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. 

But when I click to go to Sunday ticket, I just get that first message and it actually follows me down the page, while it is trying to sell me on the regular Sunday Ticket. I just got off the phone with Direct tv and told them I couldn't get service where I was, and he acted like I HAD to pay $300. Then when I started getting pissed and explained that this was online only he gave me the number and website to EA sports. This is getting annoying as hell. 

Terms & Conditions

Price valid for new DIRECTV customers only. If you're a current customer, please sign in to see your actual price.

They make it tough to find.  Make sure you are trying to log on from this site:

http://www.directv.com/sports/EA-madden

Terms & Conditions

I tried to login tonight to see if I could watch a replay and also got the "call to make programming changes"... Which it wasn't doing a few days ago.

I didn't want to deal with the hassle so haven't called. Post up your progress, I bet this happens to each of us.

This is what I got from the get-go.

While you're on this page, go to the top of the page and completely log out. Then go to www.directv.com/easpecial (bookmark that page) and click "start watching". That should take you to a new login page that has Peyton manning in a big TV screen and some other football shots on smaller madia devices with the words "Sign in now to start watching any NFL SUNDAY TICKET game online" accross the top. Once you sign in there you should be good to go.

The general problem is that there is a bad link inside the "my account" page and apperantly several other places in the directv site.

I recommend changing your password to something you remember and making sure you log out at the end of each session. Actually clicking on the "log out" button appears to be key in my experience, otherwise it loops you around through the same shit. Then, when you want to watch again, go to the www.directv.com/easpecial site and start over. 

I bought the online only version. Had problems logging in as I stated previously (even though they charged me). I called 4 times on Saturday and received 3 different 800 numbers which led me nowhere. The most promising answer was "it'll be fixed tomorrow." When I called Sunday morning I was told it was a known issue and would work at 12:45pm. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I did finally get in when I checked around noon.

I could only login via the web instead of iPad app however. Nevertheless I was able to use Airplay from the wife's Mac to see it on a big screen. Not exactly HD and froze somewhat often but I'll take it. I'm hoping DirectTV works out some kinks and there'll be less lag going forward.

Anyone have history enough to know if it gets better after week 1? Sounds like people mentioned DirectTV repeatedly underestimates week 1 traffic, but do they actually fix it?

What you described is actually one of the more successful week 1 PC experiences. They shit the bed without fail every season in week 1...though this year the iOS app versions worked great for me at least. 

Next week will be a completely different story. I don't recall ever having a problem beyond week 1. Occassionally the picture quality fluctuates but thats to be expected with any streaming media service.

Archived