Combine Notes

I just tuned in.

Anyone see Bodine do the mirror drill?  He's a guy that I thought wouldn't work here because he seemed like more of a zone guy.  42 on the Bench suggests perhaps otherwise.  He stood out to me last year watching J. Cooper blocking for Gio.  Certainly seems to have the 40 time quicks.

Also curious about Wesley Johnson. He's a guy that I think is going to go under the radar a bit but could really become something (along with the kid from Clemson).

I just tuned in.

Anyone see Bodine do the mirror drill?  He's a guy that I thought wouldn't work here because he seemed like more of a zone guy.  42 on the Bench suggests perhaps otherwise.  He stood out to me last year watching J. Cooper blocking for Gio.  Certainly seems to have the 40 time quicks.

Also curious about Wesley Johnson. He's a guy that I think is going to go under the radar a bit but could really become something (along with the kid from Clemson).

Don't we run a ZBS?

Don't we run a ZBS?

I think the consensus around here (which isn't worth the digital ether it's written on) was that ZBS doesn't really fit our players and that with a run-emphasized O we should switch to man.  I know this, I have no idea why Kyle Cook is playing ZBS (Zeitler and Smith also seem better tailored to man).

With a lot of people raving about the depth and talent at OT, I think this is year to grab Whit's replacement. This could be the only chance to get a real franchise LT without having a top 10 pick.

I totally agree. If Kouandjio, Lewan or Moses are there in the first the Bengals should probably take him. I'm on the fence about Richardson in the first, as I'm not sure he has the lateral movement talent to play LT.

I totally agree. If Kouandjio, Lewan or Moses are there in the first the Bengals should probably take him. I'm on the fence about Richardson in the first, as I'm not sure he has the lateral movement talent to play LT.

Lewan won't be.  Cyrus may well be now.  He looked stiff and slow so far.

I think the consensus around here (which isn't worth the digital ether it's written on) was that ZBS doesn't really fit our players and that with a run-emphasized O we should switch to man.  I know this, I have no idea why Kyle Cook is playing ZBS (Zeitler and Smith also seem better tailored to man).

I think the main reason we run a ZBS is because of the exotic blitz schemes Pit and Balt run.

Have they done anything but run yet?

The first group has done everything.  This is group 2.

Lewan followed it up with a 4.85. I'd just as soon re-sign AC and not use a pick on an OT early, but he's impressive (maybe so much so that he's not there when we pick). Missed the first group. Was Zach Martin in it? If so, how did he look?

No.

Archived