LaMarr Woodley anyone?

I'm not a cap guru by any means, but common sense would tell you that they would bite the bullet sooner or later.   It's like with the economy.  We can believe that even though the cap will expand every year, I have to say that there are gonna be times where the cap will either stay constant, go up at a lesser rate than expected, or potentially drop.

It's like with Credit cards.  They're great to have if you keep it controlled or at least pay your bill, but if you are constantly maxing your cards all the time, or decide to have a payment forgiven for some weird reason, at some point the credit card company is gonna want you to pay up---in one way or another.  I figured that out the hard way about credit cards while in college, thankfully, I'm only down to just one card, and it's a card that I can pay off for the most part each month.  Hardly use it too,  I put it away in a place where it's a chore for me to get it unless I absolutely need it.

if the cap was staying stagnant, it most certainly would be an issue, but with the Cap jumps, I dunno.  The NFL continues to expand the cap whenever big market teams get into cap trouble, and the NFL comes to bail them out with a larger "credit limit".

Quick question for the cap guru's:

What is going to happen in the future to the Steelers in regards to the cap.  They keep kicking it down the road, but with the cap increasing, will it even matter?  

The Steelers aren't really in cap trouble, they just usually operate without a large cushion. Each season they let guys who haven't lived up to their contracts leave. That part makes sense. The problem is their drafting in recent years has been spotty so many of the younger guys haven't stepped up.

The Steelers aren't really in cap trouble, they just usually operate without a large cushion. Each season they let guys who haven't lived up to their contracts leave. That part makes sense. The problem is their drafting in recent years has been spotty so many of the younger guys haven't stepped up.

They were the second worst team in cap, IIRC.  They had to restructure a few vets again, piling more money into 2015. And they have to cut or let go in FA players they might rather keep.

That's cap trouble.

Archived