New extra point distance

Does anybody know the stats on successful two-point conversions?   It seems that the one-point kick success rate should be roughly twice as probable as the two-point conversion.  

If you want more coaches to go for two, then keep moving the kick back until it's a really hard decision.  At 33 yds, it's still so probable that only 4th quarter situations will make coaches opt for two.

Totally sucks.  Completely negates every score of the previous 49 years.  How many games have been one on squeaker extra points that have barely made it inside the uprights.  At last a few.  If they had been farther back, chances are they would have been missed.

Don't fix something that isn't broken.

I think it was broken.  50 years ago that was not a gimme kick.  I'm for raising the rim in the NBA though so I'm practically an anarchist.

I supported this at first, but after a few games, I'm beginning to realise it is a mistake.  The 33 yard extra point takes the glamour away from scoring a TD.  The extra point should be a reward and not another chore.

I feel an third extra long FG option should have been added the 2 point conversion and 1 point #original distance" extra point - a 53 yard FG, worth 3 points.  This would keep games close and give kickers a chance to shine, without spoiling the existing game.

• 2 months later...

Archived