A.J. on Vontaze Burfict

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He has a long well documented, well videoed history of trying to hurt other players and doing stupid shit.   AJ Green standing up for him doesn't erase any of that.

But that does not justify flagging him when he has not done anything wrong.

I've never seen another player in the league get a flag on incidental contact out of bounds.   Players run into each other all the time on sideline plays, but Burfict is the only one that gets flagged for it.

2 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

But that does not justify flagging him when he has not done anything wrong.

I've never seen another player in the league get a flag on incidental contact out of bounds.   Players run into each other all the time on sideline plays, but Burfict is the only one that gets flagged for it.

It wasn't incidental. Nobody touched Burfict.  Murray was out of bounds and Burfict made almost no attempt to slow down and not hit him.  Its the rule,..sorry.   I have seen guys try to slow down and grab the other player and not get called but Burfict knew exactly what he was doing.  

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It wasn't incidental. Nobody touched Burfict.  Murray was out of bounds and Burfict made almost no attempt to slow down and not hit him.  Its the rule,..sorry.   I have seen guys try to slow down and grab the other player and not get called but Burfict knew exactly what he was doing.  

He made as much of an attempt to avoid contact as most other players in that situation.  I am beginning to believe that you don't even remember the play.

What part of Burfict's body actually touched the ball carrier?

Archived