Whats Everyone do for a Living ???

Boomer07

Guest BengalsOwn
Nor mine...You always feel guilty and you're all buzzed like "hey baby, you ok?" "you want me to cook some eggs-I was gonna eat some..." or the lie-"I was asleep and <<insert excuse>> woke me up and I can't go back to sleep...do you need anything?"  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I do the same thing ahahahahahahaha.

After the lie is told, she's always calling me out like.."Well, if you were asleep, then why are you :D drinking beer again?" :angry: Marriage SUCKS sometimes-I just can't always be my selfish self. Plus we'ver got a soon-to-be-three-year-old son-he makes life interesting. I can't tell you how many times I've come home from work at like, 2 am, and was trying to be quiet doing my computer/beer/TV thing and he comes strolling out of the bedroom like "Hi Daddy" and I'm like..."Shit" because he won't go back to bed until WAAAAAAAYY after I'M READY TO PASS OUT! The little fucker! Love him though... :D

Guest BengalsOwn
After the lie is told, she's always calling me out like.."Well, if you were asleep, then why are you :D drinking beer again?"  :angry:   Marriage SUCKS sometimes-I just can't always be my selfish self.  Plus we'ver got a soon-to-be-three-year-old son-he makes life interesting.  I can't tell you how many times I've come home from work at like, 2 am, and was trying to be quiet doing my computer/beer/TV thing and he comes strolling out of the bedroom like "Hi Daddy" and I'm like..."Shit" because he won't go back to bed until WAAAAAAAYY after I'M READY TO PASS OUT!  The little fucker!  Love him though... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've only been married for about 15 months, so I'm still adjusting. It definitely sucks sometimes. No kids yet though :) Time to leave work!

Guest BengalLady
I work as a bartender at an exclusive country club in a little town called Batesville, Indiana, home of Hillenbrand Industries, a global, Fortune 500 company that is the world's largest producer of caskets (via sub-corporation Batesville Casket Company), the world's largest manufacturer of hospital beds (via sub-company Hill-Rom) and a world leader in "funeral planning" (via sub-company Forethought).  It's actually kinda creepy-you're born in a Hill-Rom hospital bed, you plan your funeral with another of their companies, when you get sick you're laying in one of their $10,000 beds, and when you die you're buried in one of their caskets.  It's a "cradle-to-grave" sorta vibe that never ceases to amaze me...but talk about job security!

Anyhoo, everyone that is an executive for these sub-companies, and the Hillenbrand family members are all members of this club, and many are multi-multi-millionares. 

I get my share of the self-entitled rich boy attitude but most are pretty cool.  the money's pretty good and I can't think of a more effective way to put my highly marketable English degree to good use.

I'm on this board so much because I work from 4:00 pm until ?--so I'm on in the late mornings, early afternoons and late, late night.  Like now...I'm currently sucking on my 2nd beer and I'm just getting started... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now come on dude, Batesville's not that great. Just kidding. I have hung out in a couple bars there and it is alot better then Sunman. More civilization. My best friends family runs On Target in Sunman, and she lives there, so she drags me out to boofoo every now and then.

That is funny about that Batesville has such big companys. I would say that 80% of the residents work for Hillenbrand. :lol:

Guest BengalLady

I am a jack of all trades

psychologist,

maid,

laundry service,

cook,

plumber,

handy girl,

nurturer,

grounds keeper,

and maintanance man. :)

In other words, I am a stay at home mom. The hardest job in the world!!!!

Guest BengalLady
I am a software engineer working on the software that mobilizes the Army reserves as well as Army National Guard during time of war.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn, that sounds important. hehe You smart guy you. :)

Guest oldschooler
Damn, that sounds important. hehe  You smart guy you. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey what I do is important too !

Those women could catch a cold in the winter ! :P

Cool.  B)

Do you guys make, like, robot prison guards?

jk  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny you should mention that... I used to work for Motoman in Dayton, and I'm trying to get back into robotics right now. Prisons are boring. It doesn't take much programming know-how to make a door open when you press a button. Robots are way more fun.

Is it all still programing PLC´s?

Or really modern shit now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's still PLCs. There's still nothing more reliable. The new technology right now is in the digital camera and recording systems.

Guest BengalLady
Hey what I do is important too !

Those women could catch a cold in the winter ! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, i hear that!!!! You do a very important job. Oh ya, I'll take one. :P

Now come on dude, Batesville's not that great.  Just kidding.  I have hung out in a couple bars there and it is alot better then Sunman.  More civilization.  My best friends family runs On Target in Sunman, and she lives there, so she drags me out to boofoo every now and then.

That is funny about that Batesville has such big companys.  I would say that 80% of the residents work for Hillenbrand. :lol:

No, you're right...Bateseville sucks and Sunman sucks even worse. At least Batesville has some traffic lights...I am a city boy trapped in a nowhere, back-asswards shithole (Bunghole?) town and I work in another 10 minutes away.

And that is funny about the Hillenbrand companies...but like I said, kinda creepy, though-once they've got you, they've GOT you, y'know what I mean? Eerie! And i'm trying to get a day job with them for the new year! I must be nuts... :rolleyes:

Guest BengalLady
No, you're right...Bateseville sucks and Sunman sucks even worse. At least Batesville has some traffic lights...I am a city boy trapped in a nowhere, back-asswards shithole (Bunghole?) town and I work in another 10 minutes away. 

And that is funny about the Hillenbrand companies...but like I said, kinda creepy, though-once they've got you, they've GOT you, y'know what I mean?  Eerie!  And i'm trying to get a day job with them for the new year!  I must be nuts... :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you are not nuts. Hillenbrand is like Indiana's P&G. Like you said, once you are in, you are in. Most people there are lifers and they make it worth it. I have heard the benefits are great they treat ya good and they have a good pension plan.

It's funny cuz my friend used to work at Batesville casket and she took an urn(sp?) with her when she left. She says, "I worked at Batesville casket and all I got was this damn urn". lol Good luck with getting in.

No, you are not nuts.  Hillenbrand is like Indiana's P&G. Like you said, once you are in, you are in. Most people there are lifers and they make it worth it.  I have heard the benefits are great  they treat ya good and they have a good pension plan.

It's funny cuz my friend used to work at Batesville casket and she took an urn(sp?) with her when she left.  She says, "I worked at Batesville casket and all I got was this damn urn". lol  Good luck with getting in.

Thanks for the best wishes. It is a big corporation-they've got themselves in countries all over the globe.

Guest BengalLady
Nope not a saleman. I'm the guy that people yell at when their shit is broke down or it cost too much to repair ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Oh, your one of those. :huh: Poor guy, you don't have an easy job. :lol:

Archived