Ja’Marr Chase: Joe Burrow looks good, having him healthy is the most important thing

Published August 31, 2023 05:18 AM

When Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow suffered a calf injury in training camp, his close friend and teammate Ja’Marr Chase said he thought Burrow should take his time and heal up, even if it means missing the start of the regular season. Burrow returned to practice on Wednesday, so it looks like missing the start of the season won’t be necessary.

Chase still says that Burrow getting healthy and staying healthy is the Bengals’ top priority, but he says that from what he could tell on the practice field, Burrow is ready to play.

“He looked good. I didn’t see hobbling, I didn’t see much. He doesn’t look like he’s having any problems,” Chase said. “When Joe’s out there, it’s a little more dialed in. He’s stayed positive about the whole situation. It’s all about the health and how he feels. That’s the most important thing this year. We want to get him back, make sure he’s healthy, 100 percent healthy.”

From all indications, Burrow will be on the field when the Bengals start the season in Cleveland on September 10.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jamarr-chase-joe-burrow-looks-good-having-him-healthy-is-the-most-important-thing

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

Ja'Marr Obvious

Paranoid Harry is wondering if the leg injury was a tad more serious than we were originally led to believe.

I don't think it's serious, just that a potential re-injury is possible if not completely healed.  The fact that Burrow was wearing that sleeve suggests he already had some issues going on there.  It makes sense to keep him from doing anything strenuous on that leg for as long as possible.  I bet he takes it easy this week.  My prediction is that he will start ramping it up next week in practice.  If not, he may get held out against Cleveland.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UncleEarl said:

I don't think it's serious, just that a potential re-injury is possible if not completely healed.  The fact that Burrow was wearing that sleeve suggests he already had some issues going on there.  It makes sense to keep him from doing anything strenuous on that leg for as long as possible.  I bet he takes it easy this week.  My prediction is that he will start ramping it up next week in practice.  If not, he may get held out against Cleveland.

Agree and hope so.

Just being paranoid and just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

My odd thought (among many) is I am considering Cleveland their 4th preseason game of sorts.

It will be the first game when the whole band is back together... All Starters All Game.

Would prefer it wasn't against Cleveland but... looking forward to seeing Rub and Tug get

flattened by Myles Murphy and carried out on a massage table.

:gobengals:

• Like 1