Who is your Puke Pick @ 18? 🤮

On 4/24/2024 at 5:07 PM, alleycat said:

You overlook the value of a dominant, starting OT in this league. First, a competent swing, particularly behind an oft injured player, is a vital need (that isn’t currently on the team). Second, it is ABSOLUTELY worth taking a high upside OT this year EVEN IF he sits and learns and develops behind the staters. The long term value is too great. I’m not loookong to win a Super Bowl. I’m looking for Super Bowls. 

I’ll be happy with any player that makes us a better, more complete team (for example, I’m amazed at how seldom people are talking about our LB needs, even in later rounds), but to say OT should not be a major target in this draft (or by the same logic IOL given our situation next year), is a major overstatement. 

protect the franchise. 

Nobody objects to protecting Burrow, except perhaps Duke Tobin and Frank Pollack. If we get a good RT in round 1, that will be fine. But there will also be good tackles available in rounds 2 and 3. It's about getting the best combination of players. 

• Like 1