Monday Night Football

Jason

Guest BengalLady

OMG, the way that guy just took the ball out of E. Georges hands was amazing. I 'm not sure who it was that had an interception for the Eagles in the endzone and ran it back for 101 yds. That was beautiful. That should be the play of the week. I actually felt sorry for the cowgirls last night. :lol:

Yeah eagles looking good.. But honesly eddie george is on the decline this year... Strippin the ball from him isnt what it used to be.. He would hae never given up that ball a few years ago.... But he did have that nice touchdown run he was prob still pissed from looking like an ass on MNF

Guest BengalLady
Yeah eagles looking good.. But honesly eddie george is on the decline this year... Strippin the ball from him isnt what it used to be.. He would hae never given up that ball a few years ago.... But he did have that nice touchdown run he was prob still pissed from looking like an ass on MNF

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gosh, I felt so sorry for him.

Fuck Eddie George, His sorry-assed Cowboys and "THE" Ohio State University from whence he came!!  :P

I'm sure you OSU fans are going to level me for that one... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I take back all those nice things I said about you last night...OK, not really.

I'm better now. :D

uck Eddie George, His sorry-assed Cowboys and "THE" Ohio State University from whence he came!! 

Dude, you are sooooo missing the point. THE is a running joke of sorts for OSU alum. Due to some sort of legal contreversy with Ohio University several decades ago, the name of Ohio State University was offocially changed to The Ohio State University. The players are making a joke about that. It's not any sort of arrogance about THE school.

I hate that Eddie is a Cowboy, as I like him a lot. I've been an OSU fan from the age of 13, and he was one of my favorites.

Dude, you are sooooo missing the point.  THE is a running joke of sorts for OSU alum.  Due to some sort of legal contreversy with Ohio University several decades ago, the name of Ohio State University was offocially changed to The Ohio State University.  The players are making a joke about that.  It's not any sort of arrogance about THE school.

I hate that Eddie is a Cowboy, as I like him a lot.  I've been an OSU fan from the age of 13, and he was one of my favorites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember correctly, Ohio University went so far as to ask OSU to change the cheerleaders' uniforms because they had "OHIO" written across the front...

I guess ABC got into a little hot water over T.O. and last night's intro. Check it out here.

-- or here --

ABC apologizes for steamy intro to "Monday Night Football"

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

(11-16) 12:52 PST NEW YORK (AP) --

ABC apologized Tuesday for a steamy intro to "Monday Night Football" after receiving complaints from viewers and the NFL.

The spot featured a naked Nicollette Sheridan jumping into the arms of Terrell Owens.

Before the Philadelphia-Dallas game, ABC showed Owens and Sheridan in an empty locker room in an attempt to spoof the network hit "Desperate Housewives." Sheridan, who stars in the show, was wearing only a towel and provocatively asked Owens to skip the game for her.

After she dropped her towel, he agreed to be late for the contest and hugged her. Then the shot panned out to two more stars of "Desperate Housewives," Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman, watching the scene unfold on a television and commenting on desperate women.

"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's MNF opening segment and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC said in a statement. "We apologize."

The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our `Monday Night Football' audience."

"While ABC may have gained attention for one of its other shows, the NFL and its fans lost," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Archived