To step away from the defense for a second...

I'm sitting here right now watching the Browns game. Even though our D gave up 51pts I can not honestly lay all the blame on them. Our special teams sucked ass big time. Under normal circumstances, stopping the returner around the 30-35 yard line, I see 2 touchdowns not happening for the Browns. Really, no one can say that they wouldn't have gone the rest of the way down the field, but when you let them start in the red zone it's pretty much a given. Also, Edwards got extremely lucky catching that ball laying on his back when it was tipped. Can't really blame the D for that one. They got their hands on it and the football Gods sent it straight to him. That was a huge gain too.

All I'm saying, and I hate to admit this, that Go was right when he was ranting about the special teams. They really sucked ass.
MULLY
after watching TJ's TD frame by frame I agree, it was good. No one can complain about that one unless there's a new "it was close to being incomplete" rule. hehe!!

[quote name='The_Joker' post='554018' date='Sep 22 2007, 02:00 PM']I am also begging to wonder, How efficient is it to be using a shit load of defensive starters on ST? Is it burning them out during the game. When Jamal Lewis can OUT RUN the entire D then I think so.[/quote]
Good point. But you do have to like their chances of making a tackle as opposed to an offensive player...

(insert punchline here :ninja:)

[quote name='The_Joker' post='554018' date='Sep 22 2007, 09:00 AM']I am also begging to wonder, How efficient is it to be using a shit load of defensive starters on ST? Is it burning them out during the game. When Jamal Lewis can OUT RUN the entire D then I think so.[/quote]

x2

kilmer needs to get healthy, jeanty needs to get healthy to let marshall play ST and brooks better suit up for seattle

[quote name='The_Joker' post='554018' date='Sep 22 2007, 09:00 AM']I am also begging to wonder, How efficient is it to be using a shit load of defensive starters on ST? Is it burning them out during the game. When Jamal Lewis can OUT RUN the entire D then I think so.[/quote]

i think everyone knows its not efficient, but we would have to cut many of our needed players to replace them while hurt. we arent going to cut kilmer, jeanty, or whoever to save a few weeks of ST play from defensive players. we cut either and they get picked up immediately. so we "make due" with crap ST play in the meantime

Archived