Possibly a TE in one of first two rounds

rgober

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='Master Shake' post='212068' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:58 PM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212033' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:07 PM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='211973' date='Feb 1 2006, 11:29 AM']
[quote name='fredtoast' post='211936' date='Feb 1 2006, 10:13 AM']
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='211683' date='Jan 31 2006, 09:43 PM']
I will tell you what, you name me a great QB who did not have a good or a great TE and I will shut up![/quote]

Carson Palmer, 67.8 comp. pct., 3836 yds, 32 td, 101.1 pass rating.
[/quote]

[img]http://0wn3d.dk/owned/Mc-Own3d.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
[b]2004 Daunte Culpepper, 69.2 comp. pct., 4717 yds, 39 td , 110.9 pass rating.[/b] :contract:
Greatness is defined by Superbowls!!!!!
[img]http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/guardingtheball.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Umm...the Vikings leading receiver that year was...

Tight End Jermaine Wiggins with 71 catches!!!
[/quote]
So your saying Daunte Culpepper is a great QB? :lmao:

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='211951' date='Feb 1 2006, 10:48 AM'][quote]could you name me one that did? i guess fioria is the reason the patriots won 3 of the last 4 superbowls? in fact during the patriots last superbowl season, he was the 7th reciving yards on the team and had 2 TD's... man what would they have done without him?[/quote]

Tom Brady has had Christian Fauria, Daniel Graham and Ben Watson

Other QB's
Joe Montana - Brent Jones and Dwight Clark
Brett Favre - Keith Jackson and Mark Chmura
John Elway - Shannon Sharpe
Troy Aikman - Jay Novacek
Steve Young - Brent Jones
Phil Simms - Mark Bavaro
Terry Bradshaw - Randy Grossman and Bennie Cunningham
Joe Namath - Pete Lammons
Dan Marino - Bruce Hardy and Keith Jackson
[/quote]

and i already posted stats showing that the TE's were hardly huge factors and thier defense holding the opposing team to fewer points won them the game....

I dont think we need one first two rounds we should look at DE DT and Safety....pending to free agency

We need a tight end that can get open on 3rd down...usually TJ is open on 3rd down and chris perry may not have much value on a 3rd and 6....if we can get a tight end that get find a break in the zone and get open...it would probably be a nightmare for defenses to stop us on a 3rd and 8.

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212246' date='Feb 1 2006, 06:26 PM'][quote name='Master Shake' post='212068' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:58 PM']
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212033' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:07 PM']
I will tell you what, you name me a great QB who did not have a good or a great TE and I will shut up![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]2004 Daunte Culpepper, 69.2 comp. pct., 4717 yds, 39 td , 110.9 pass rating.[/b] :contract:
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He was that year...

are you saying Carson's NOT a great QB???? :pointlaff:

[quote name='JC' post='212284' date='Feb 1 2006, 06:48 PM']I dont think we need one first two rounds we should look at DE DT and Safety....pending to free agency

We need a tight end that can get open on 3rd down...usually TJ is open on 3rd down and chris perry may not have much value on a 3rd and 6....if we can get a tight end that get find a break in the zone and get open...it would probably be a nightmare for defenses to stop us on a 3rd and 8.[/quote]

Good post...I think the key is that once you get past 3rd and 5, Perry is not as much of a factor. That's when you need a TE that makes mismatches on that kind of down and yardage.

The key with DE, DT, and S...Is that getting a starter in anyone of those spots will improve our overall passrush, just by having that 'job' performed better.

Getting 2 of 3 on Day 1 will make a very large difference. [if we get the right guys]

BZ

Guest fredtoast

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212233' date='Feb 1 2006, 06:13 PM'][quote name='fredtoast' post='212079' date='Feb 1 2006, 02:10 PM']
Greatness is defined by Superbowls!!!!![/quote]

How many catches did Kurt warner's TE have the year he won the Super Bowl? Can you even name him?
[/quote]
I didn't know Kurt Warner was a great QB :onoudidnt: but since you asked Roland Williams.
[/quote]

[b]YOU[/b] were the one that said that greatness was defined by Super Bowls, but I would say that 4,500+ yds and 40+ tds for a Super Bowl winning team qualifies as great.

BTW Williams had 25 catches for 226 yards that year.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='211683' date='Jan 31 2006, 09:43 PM']I will tell you what, you name me a great QB who did not have a good or a great TE and I will shut up![/quote]

So let's see if he sticks to his word.

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='fredtoast' post='212513' date='Feb 2 2006, 12:34 AM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212233' date='Feb 1 2006, 06:13 PM']
[quote name='fredtoast' post='212079' date='Feb 1 2006, 02:10 PM']
Greatness is defined by Superbowls!!!!![/quote]

How many catches did Kurt warner's TE have the year he won the Super Bowl? Can you even name him?
[/quote]
I didn't know Kurt Warner was a great QB :onoudidnt: but since you asked Roland Williams.
[/quote]

[b]YOU[/b] were the one that said that greatness was defined by Super Bowls, but I would say that 4,500+ yds and 40+ tds for a Super Bowl winning team qualifies as great.

BTW Williams had 25 catches for 226 yards that year.
[/quote]
Yes, Roland Williams had only 25 catches for 226 yards but you left out [b]HE HAD 6 TD's!!!![/b] The Bengals TE's had 2!

BTW: Greatness is defined by [b]Superbowls[/b]!!!!! meaning more then one! :contract:

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='Master Shake' post='212402' date='Feb 1 2006, 10:14 PM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212246' date='Feb 1 2006, 06:26 PM']
[quote name='Master Shake' post='212068' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:58 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He was that year...

are you saying Carson's NOT a great QB???? :pointlaff:
[/quote]
Carson a good QB, not great! You can't compare Carson with Montana, Elway and or Bradshaw [b]yet[/b].

Guest fredtoast

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212657' date='Feb 2 2006, 01:25 PM']BTW: Greatness is defined by [b]Superbowls[/b]!!!!! meaning more then one! :contract: [/quote]

Then why do you have Marino and Namath on your list?

[quote name='fredtoast' post='212667' date='Feb 2 2006, 02:03 PM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212657' date='Feb 2 2006, 01:25 PM']
BTW: Greatness is defined by [b]Superbowls[/b]!!!!! meaning more then one! :contract: [/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://pubpages.unh.edu/~douglasj/stallowned%20copy.jpg[/img]

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='fredtoast' post='212667' date='Feb 2 2006, 02:03 PM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212657' date='Feb 2 2006, 01:25 PM']
BTW: Greatness is defined by [b]Superbowls[/b]!!!!! meaning more then one! :contract: [/quote]

[/quote]
That why there at the bottom of the list. Marino was a very good QB but maybe not great because he did not win a Superbowl. Namath was on the list because he said he would win the Superbowl and did it against one of the greatest teams in NFL history.

Guest Master Shake
So are you saying the ONLY great QBs ever are Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Elway, and Brady cause no one else has won multiple SBs?...I think there are several others that should be considered great, and I think Carson could be considered great even if he wins "only" one Superbowl.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='Master Shake' post='212764' date='Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM']So are you saying the ONLY great QBs ever are Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Elway, and Brady cause no one else has won multiple SBs?...I think there are several others that should be considered great, and I think Carson could be considered great even if he wins "only" one Superbowl.[/quote]
That why I say, Greatness is defined by Superbowls. Let me quote someone for you "Stats are for losers, winning is all that matters" Marvin Lewis.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212981' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:33 PM'][quote name='Master Shake' post='212764' date='Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM']
So are you saying the ONLY great QBs ever are Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Elway, and Brady cause no one else has won multiple SBs?...I think there are several others that should be considered great, and I think Carson could be considered great even if he wins "only" one Superbowl.[/quote]
That why I say, Greatness is defined by Superbowls. Let me quote someone for you "Stats are for losers, winning is all that matters" Marvin Lewis.
[/quote]

so jake plummer is better than carson?

Guest Claptonrocks
Would it be nice to have a TE that could actually catch the ball consistently? yeah...
Do we really need that in our offense.....not really.. Our offense scores allot of points...
Its the DEFENSE that needs to be upgraded with as many top picks as the team can muster....

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='GoBengals' post='212984' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:38 PM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212981' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:33 PM']
[quote name='Master Shake' post='212764' date='Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM']
So are you saying the ONLY great QBs ever are Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Elway, and Brady cause no one else has won multiple SBs?...I think there are several others that should be considered great, and I think Carson could be considered great even if he wins "only" one Superbowl.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
What? When did I say that? :huh:

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='213006' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:30 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='212984' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:38 PM']
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='212981' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:33 PM']
That why I say, Greatness is defined by Superbowls. Let me quote someone for you [b]"Stats are for losers, winning is all that matters"[/b] Marvin Lewis.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

plummer had more wins than carson

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='GoBengals' post='213008' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:33 PM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='213006' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:30 PM']
[quote name='GoBengals' post='212984' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:38 PM']
That why I say, Greatness is defined by Superbowls. Let me quote someone for you [b]"Stats are for losers, winning is all that matters"[/b] Marvin Lewis.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No! "Stats are for losers, winning is all that matters" said by Marvin Lewis is in reference to winning the Superbowl. Both did not win the Superbowl but personally I think Carson is the better QB.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='213031' date='Feb 3 2006, 12:10 AM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='213008' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:33 PM']
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='213006' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:30 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No! "Stats are for losers, winning is all that matters" said by Marvin Lewis is in reference to winning the Superbowl. Both did not win the Superbowl but personally I think Carson is the better QB.
[/quote]

you can split hairs if you want, but the theory is winning counts and stats are for shit, plummer won more games and went much further into the playoffs than carson, thus in that theory plummer is the better QB, there is no argueing around it, i have never seen so many ass backwards explanations to QB's weak ass TE's being so important to the team, and frankly what the hell does the nfl 5 years ago have to do with the nfl today? with so many changes in the game, a decade is a lifetime for players, coaches, rules, styles, the winner of the last 3 of 4 superbowls, didnt rely on the TE, and had lesser stats than our offense in each of those instances, its fact, its in writing, we had more yards, passing and rushing, more td's, more everything, does it matter who got it? no, an offense in ranked on points scored, and we can score with the best of them, there is zero logic to needing a TE in the first 3-4 rounds, zero, when did one of our TE's lose a game for us? just let this one go, how many great TE's are in the nfl right now? 2-3? how many of them are in the superbowl? zero....

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='GoBengals' post='213033' date='Feb 3 2006, 12:18 AM'][quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='213031' date='Feb 3 2006, 12:10 AM']
[quote name='GoBengals' post='213008' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:33 PM']
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='213006' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:30 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

you can split hairs if you want, but the theory is winning counts and stats are for shit, plummer won more games and went much further into the playoffs than carson, thus in that theory plummer is the better QB, there is no argueing around it, i have never seen so many ass backwards explanations to QB's weak ass TE's being so important to the team, and frankly what the hell does the nfl 5 years ago have to do with the nfl today? with so many changes in the game, a decade is a lifetime for players, coaches, rules, styles, the winner of the last 3 of 4 superbowls, didnt rely on the TE, and had lesser stats than our offense in each of those instances, its fact, its in writing, we had more yards, passing and rushing, more td's, more everything, does it matter who got it? no, an offense in ranked on points scored, and we can score with the best of them, there is zero logic to needing a TE in the first 3-4 rounds, zero, when did one of our TE's lose a game for us? just let this one go, how many great TE's are in the nfl right now? 2-3? how many of them are in the superbowl? zero....
[/quote]
Plummers got further into the playoffs because 1. Carson got hurt 2. Tom Brady had a sports hernia
[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2317223"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2317223[/url]

There are 2 good TE in this Superbowl Heath Miller and Jerramy Stevens.

I agree we need help on defense but also think we need a reliable TE.

Archived