Who will be the Bengals franchise player in 2006?

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='218764' date='Feb 15 2006, 11:49 AM']I know each NFL team is allowed to franchise one of their players each year, so they don't lose him. Which Bengals player do you think will most likely get tagged during this offseason?

If I had to pick someone it would be Jeremi Johnson.[/quote]

There isn't a single guy worthy of the tag... I mean, for all you Kitna lovers, he would be the only one that would merit the tag... however, Kitna is terribe and no way would we tag him and pay him a little bit less than Palmer...

so we won't tag anyone... period.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='218774' date='Feb 15 2006, 12:13 PM']And remember J Johnson is a RFA, not a UFA. Bengals hold all the cards on these guys, meaning RFAs. I can't imagine anyone on this year's roster being Franchise Tagged or even a Transition tag.[/quote]

True, true. Forgot about that.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='218813' date='Feb 15 2006, 02:06 PM']It will be MUCH more interesting to see who the franchise tag is used on next offseason (Levi? Steinbach? J Smith???)[/quote]

I don't think it'll be Steinbach. Unless there's a change in the CBA, all offensive linemen are grouped together. I can't see a guard getting a contract at the average of the top five linemen (probably all left tackles). I think Steinbach will be one of the first that they resign.

[quote name='Cricket' post='218845' date='Feb 15 2006, 03:31 PM']I don't think it'll be Steinbach. Unless there's a change in the CBA, all offensive linemen are grouped together. I can't see a guard getting a contract at the average of the top five linemen (probably all left tackles). I think Steinbach will be one of the first that they resign.[/quote]

Obviously, it will depend on who they are able to re-sign. (If any)

The franchise value on an OG is one of the reasons why I would move on Steinbach first...That would make Levi an easier choice for franchise in 2007...And Left tackle is one of the spots where traditionally (NFL-wise) you use it if you have to.

BZ

Archived