Miscelaneous Pro Day Results

Dusty Dvoracek (DT Oklahoma):
Dvoracek (6-2¾, 306 pounds) was timed at [b]4.79 and 4.81 in the 40.[/b] He had a 9-foot-6 long jump, 4.47 short shuttle and a 7.59 three-cone drill.

Anthony Fasano (TE ND):
Fasano ran his 40s in 4.74 and 4.71 seconds. He looked very good in the position drills.

Victor Adeyanju (DE IU):
Adeyanju (6-4, 267) ran 4.68 and 4.69 in the 40. He did the everything else at the Combine.

Anthony Montgomery (DT Minn):
Montgomery (6-4 7/8, 311) ran two 40s in 5.24 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.67 and three-cone drill in 7.79. He also had a 28-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-10 broad jump and [b]20 bench presses[/b]. He also performed offensive-line position drills.
Not real impressed with the Bench reps for a guy that size.

Devin Hester (Various U):
Hester (187 pounds) ran [b]4.32 and 4.37 in the 40[/b], 4.20 in the short shuttle, 11.41 in the long shuttle and 6.78 in the cone drill.
(The amazing thing is AJ Hawk had better shuttle times that Hester!)

[quote name='Jason' post='227970' date='Mar 8 2006, 05:52 PM']Dusty Dvoracek (DT Oklahoma):
Dvoracek (6-2¾, 306 pounds) was timed at [b]4.79 and 4.81 in the 40.[/b] He had a 9-foot-6 long jump, 4.47 short shuttle and a 7.59 three-cone drill.

Anthony Fasano (TE ND):
Fasano ran his 40s in 4.74 and 4.71 seconds. He looked very good in the position drills.

Victor Adeyanju (DE IU):
Adeyanju (6-4, 267) ran 4.68 and 4.69 in the 40. He did the everything else at the Combine.

Anthony Montgomery (DT Minn):
Montgomery (6-4 7/8, 311) ran two 40s in 5.24 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.67 and three-cone drill in 7.79. He also had a 28-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-10 broad jump and [b]20 bench presses[/b]. He also performed offensive-line position drills.
Not real impressed with the Bench reps for a guy that size.

Devin Hester (Various U):
Hester (187 pounds) ran [b]4.32 and 4.37 in the 40[/b], 4.20 in the short shuttle, 11.41 in the long shuttle and 6.78 in the cone drill.
(The amazing thing is AJ Hawk had better shuttle times that Hester!)[/quote]

Maybe we should move up, take A.J. Hawk and not only have him kick ass on defense, but also have him return kicks. He'd just run through people and be able to run around them too.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Here's the link to alll of the Pro Day workouts that have occured so far.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts"]Pro Day Results[/url]

If you look at miami's thing in the grey box with the bold font, it says

Every team was represented with at least 100 scouts, coaches and front office personnel on hand. Among them were Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi, Jacksonville vice president of player personnel James Harris, and [b]Bengals linebackers coach Ricky Hunley[/b] So we must have interest in some of them, probably hester jennings and harris.

[quote name='Jason' post='227970' date='Mar 8 2006, 08:52 PM']Anthony Montgomery (DT Minn):
Montgomery (6-4 7/8, 311) ran two 40s in 5.24 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.67 and three-cone drill in 7.79. He also had a 28-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-10 broad jump and [b]20 bench presses[/b]. He also performed offensive-line position drills.[/quote]

Damn, Cutler put up more reps than that. Not really the best combine to have.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='JC' post='228229' date='Mar 9 2006, 10:17 AM']If you look at miami's thing in the grey box with the bold font, it says

Every team was represented with at least 100 scouts, coaches and front office personnel on hand. Among them were Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi, Jacksonville vice president of player personnel James Harris, and [b]Bengals linebackers coach Ricky Hunley[/b] So we must have interest in some of them, probably hester jennings and harris.[/quote]

Hunley just wanted an excuse to go Miami, can you blame him???

I like Jennings, he could be a surprise first round pick. McIntosh is a good player as well.

[quote name='JC' post='228229' date='Mar 9 2006, 10:17 AM']If you look at miami's thing in the grey box with the bold font, it says

Every team was represented with at least 100 scouts, coaches and front office personnel on hand. Among them were Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi, Jacksonville vice president of player personnel James Harris, and [b]Bengals linebackers coach Ricky Hunley[/b] So we must have interest in some of them, probably hester jennings and harris.[/quote]
I would think the linebacker coach would be there to look at linebackers

[b]OLB Roger Mcintosh 6'2 237[/b]
[u]Strengths:[/u]
Outstanding athletic ability...Has great speed and quickness with a burst to close...Can make plays sideline-to-sideline due to his range...Playmaker who is always around the action...Good tackler...Has a knack for making stops behind the line of scrimmage...Versatile...A leader on and off the field...Hard worker who is smart and mature...Has upside if he can stay healthy and get more playing time.

[u]Weaknesses:[/u]
Inconsistent and doesn't always play up to his talent...Takes bad angles...Is only average in coverage...Needs to get stronger...Relies heavily on his athleticism to recover from mistakes...Can be too aggressive at times...Has dealt with knee, shoulder and back injuries...Does not have a ton of starting experience.

[u]Notes:[/u]
Could project to either outside or inside linebacker at the pro level...The recent success of other Miami linebackers such as Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams in the NFL sure won't hurt his cause...Seemingly has all the physical tools you look for.

[b]ILB Leon Williams 6'3 245[/b]

Found this snippet about the NEBRASKA pro day on nfl.com:

NEBRASKA: MARCH 8
There were 18 teams present,[b] including several members of the Bengals defensive staff[/b]. They ran indoors on AstroTurf and did the drills indoors on FieldTurf.

They probably paid alot of attention to these three guys.

[u]Titus Adams DL[/u] - Adams (303 pounds) ran his 40s in 5.13 and 5.09. He had a 4.73 in the short shuttle and 4.69 in the three-cone drill.
Height: 6-3 3/8 | Weight: 306 | 40-Time: 5.14
[i]Strengths:[/i]
An excellent athlete with good speed and quickness who moves well...Has a big, solid frame with long arms...Excels at clogging the middle of the line and stuffing the run...Does a good job of shedding blocks...Versatile...Smart player with good intangibles...Has a lot of experience and was very durable...Still has some upside.
[i]Weaknesses:[/i]
Provides very little in terms of a pass rush...Has an inconsistent motor...Probably needs to lose some weight...Tends to wear down and lacks stamina...Has to hit the weights...With his ability you would have expected him to be more productive.
[i]Notes:[/i]
Was a top recruit coming out of high school...Saw action at defensive end, defensive tackle and even tight end during his career...Prospect with some interesting physical tools to develop but you wonder if the light will ever come on.

[u]
Daniel Bullocks DB[/u] - Bullocks stood on everything he did at the Combine and only did position drills.

[u]Le Kevin Smith DL[/u] - All Smith did was position the drills. He stood on his Combine numbers.
Height: 6-2 7/8 | Weight: 316 | 40-Time: 5.05
[i]Strengths:[/i]
An outstanding athlete...Has great speed and quickness...Stout at the point of attack and an outstanding run stuffer in the middle...Can penetrate and make plays behind the line of scrimmage...Came through with the best season of his career as a senior...Has a lot of experience as a three-year (35 game) starter.
[i]Weaknesses:[/i]
Durability is a question and he has suffered major injuries to both knees...Has an inconsistent motor and doesn't always give maximum effort...Is a little shorter than you'd prefer...Is not much of a sack artist...Needs to get stronger...Might be a wave player...Doesn't always play up to his potential and is an underachiever.
[i]Notes:[/i]
First name is pronounced Leh-KEE-vin...An interesting player who has all the physical tools to make it...A quality nose tackle prospect who might fit best in a 3-4 defense...Could really surprise if he can stay healthy and play hard all the time.

I'm starting to think that if Daniel Bullocks falls to the Bengals in round 2, they'll take him above anyone else. The Bengals have been all over him this entire offseason thus far.

I would love to get Bullocks in the 2nd.

As for the short shuttle...

It is mostly based on constant repetition in practice to get your steps down.
Last year Pollack ran a 3.97 which was one of the fastest times for all positions.

I'm a D-3 athlete and I have ran a 4.2 before, but Hester would smoke me in the forty.

As for Pro Days, most teams will have all their player run and test in it. It really is never too early to get on a pro team's radar. I was at Miami Ohio's yesterday and everyone did it. It kind of sucks for them when they have to test their weights and times on Green Beer Day, which is an all morning, all day, all night drinking fest

Archived