UC not in.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='230482' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:34 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='230441' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:32 PM']
[quote name='dieselman44' post='230439' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:31 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='230431' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:22 PM']
[size=7]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!![/size]

MEANWHILE....

[color="#FF6600"][size=7]
[color="#3333FF"]MEMPHIS[/color] IS A NUMBER 1 GODDAMN SEED!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!![/size][/color][/quote]

cute post. :boring: :boring:

on a side note i think that UC got the ultimate shaft. If the Big East was going to get 8 then UC should have been the 8th not Seton Hall. Just downright pathetic.
[/quote]

You KINDA lost to them last week...
[/quote]

if you watched the game then youd now UC was up pretty much the whole game and it was also played at Seton Hall. Also if you were educated then you would also know that the committee doesnt picked team based on head to head matches, they look at the whole resume. Bottomline, it is obvious UC should have gotten in over SetonHalls resume. Thank you.
GO UAB and ORAL ROBERTS.
[/quote]
If that rambling post were true, then they would have gotten in. UC's sinking RPI over the last few weeks of the season doomed them without at least a first round win in the Big East. The Big East! UCONN, Syracuse, BC, etc, etc.....with no Huggins and no rudder besides AK's good job, did you really expect to get in because of a win over WVA?

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Bunghole' post='230575' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:14 PM'][quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='230427' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:18 PM']
Fuck nancy, thats bullshit.....i can't get over it, i'm just used to us being in it every year...[/quote]
What's really the difference between "making it" and being eliminated in either the first or second round every time you make the tournament?
Might as well dominate the NIT.....
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

truly. You were gonna lose in the first anyways

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='230488' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:37 PM'][quote name='dieselman44' post='230482' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:34 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='230441' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:32 PM']

MEANWHILE....

on a side note i think that UC got the ultimate shaft. If the Big East was going to get 8 then UC should have been the 8th not Seton Hall. Just downright pathetic.
[/quote]

[/quote]

if you watched the game then youd now UC was up pretty much the whole game and it was also played at Seton Hall. Also if you were educated then you would also know that the committee doesnt picked team based on head to head matches, they look at the whole resume. Bottomline, it is obvious UC should have gotten in over SetonHalls resume. Thank you.
GO UAB and ORAL ROBERTS.
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

WHO HAS UC BEAT???

um....

um....

um....

NOBODY.

Neither has Seton Hall. So basically it comes down to head to head when both teams suck, and you LOST.
[/quote]

Im really tired of reading every UC thread and seeing you bash the hell out of them for no apparent reason, stick to memphis please. you make no good points at all, all you ever do is bash someones team when they lose. you make it your job to post mad shit about UC. maybe you should make a thread about memphis basketball and see how that goes. i bet nobody would post shit there because no one gives a flyin fuck about them. please look at the rpi's of UC and Seton Hall and you will see my case as to why i feel UC should have been in over them. im done arguing with you because you are a moron.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='dieselman44' post='230582' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:19 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='230488' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:37 PM']
[quote name='dieselman44' post='230482' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:34 PM']

MEANWHILE....

[/quote]

[/quote]

GO UAB and ORAL ROBERTS.
[/quote]

WHO HAS UC BEAT???

um....

um....

um....

NOBODY.

Neither has Seton Hall. So basically it comes down to head to head when both teams suck, and you LOST.
[/quote]

Im really tired of reading every UC thread and seeing you bash the hell out of them for no apparent reason, stick to memphis please. you make no good points at all, all you ever do is bash someones team when they lose. you make it your job to post mad shit about UC. maybe you should make a thread about memphis basketball and see how that goes. i bet nobody would post shit there because no one gives a flyin fuck about them. please look at the rpi's of UC and Seton Hall and you will see my case as to why i feel UC should have been in over them. im done arguing with you because you are a moron.
[/quote]

You are a whiny ass baby back bitch. Wanna know my points?

OK, who have you beat this year? A shitty Syracuse team(at the time), Seton Hall, Indiana, and WVU. Wow. You did nothing this season. How are you gonna bitch about not getting a bid when you did nothing to deserve it. I talk shit about UC because I don't like the school or their fans. Tough luck, you lose. I laugh at you. :pointlaff:

Now go get the sand out of your vagina.

Also, I was talking to my friend, Kyle, aka WhoDey48, and I always typically talk shit to him about UC whenever I see him. So....stop. Commit suicide or somethin.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='230581' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:18 PM'][quote name='Bunghole' post='230575' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:14 PM']
[quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='230427' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:18 PM']
Fuck nancy, thats bullshit.....i can't get over it, i'm just used to us being in it every year...[/quote]
What's really the difference between "making it" and being eliminated in either the first or second round every time you make the tournament?
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[/quote]

we would have a chance against anyone in the damn tourny. did we not take villanova to the wire?

and the difference between making it and "being eliminated in early rounds" is that when you make it you get to be part of the madness. when you make it you can make some upsets. when you make it you COULD be national champions.

thats fucking stupid. thats like an opposing fan telling you "well whats the differnce of your bengals getting in the playoffs, you wont win the super bowl any ways." but you know for damn sure that you, being a bengals fan, want to be in the playoffs even if you arnt a superbowl favorite. you get the CHANCE at a championship.

its just some shit to get shafted.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='230590' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:31 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='230581' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:18 PM']
[quote name='Bunghole' post='230575' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:14 PM']
[quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='230427' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:18 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

we would have a chance against anyone in the damn tourny. did we not take villanova to the wire?

and the difference between making it and "being eliminated in early rounds" is that when you make it you get to be part of the madness. when you make it you can make some upsets. when you make it you COULD be national champions.

thats fucking stupid. thats like an opposing fan telling you "well whats the differnce of your bengals getting in the playoffs, you wont win the super bowl any ways." but you know for damn sure that you, being a bengals fan, want to be in the playoffs even if you arnt a superbowl favorite. you get the CHANCE at a championship.

its just some shit to get shafted.
[/quote]

Riot.

Go start a riot.

Burn dat muthafucka down.

[/quote]

Riot.

Go start a riot.

[/quote]

ha. its not a bad idea.

im gonna run around town naked until the cops stop me. then they will can arrest me in my protest. then they will report that to the papers. then the papers will praise me for my protest/rioting. then this will cause actual rioting. then racial tensions will for somereason grow downtown. then there will be racial rioting. then the ncaa will see what an effect they can have on a city. they will put us into the tourny.

and we will lose in the second round <_<

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:41 PM' post='230595']
[/quote]

Riot.

Go start a riot.

[/quote]

ha. its not a bad idea.

im gonna run around town naked until the cops stop me. then they will can arrest me in my protest. then they will report that to the papers. then the papers will praise me for my protest/rioting. then this will cause actual rioting. then racial tensions will for somereason grow downtown. then there will be racial rioting. then the ncaa will see what an effect they can have on a city. they will put us into the tourny.

[/quote]

And I'll join you in the riot and run around naked jacking off on unsespecting elderlies.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:51 PM' post='230599']
[quote name='WhoDey48' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:41 PM' post='230595']
[/quote]

Riot.

Go start a riot.

[/quote]

ha. its not a bad idea.

[/quote]

And I'll join you in the riot and run around naked jacking off on unsespecting elderlies.
[/quote]

talented.

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='230603' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:55 PM'][quote name='Bunghole' post='230602' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:53 PM']
I just think that because UC did better than expected under a coach not named Huggins that they feel like they got jobbed for not making the NCAA's is funny...[/quote]

go UAB right?
[/quote]
Negative. UK (rightfully placed in the NCAA for their RPI) will avenge the UAB loss from two years ago. UCONN is another story....

i dont know much about UK or UAB this year so i dont know how they match up right now. im gonna be comparing match ups tomorrow for most the filed but... 8 vs. 9 should be a good game right?

anyways my statement stands. go UAB.

[/quote]

[b]OK, who have you beat this year? A shitty Syracuse team(at the time), Seton Hall, Indiana, and WVU[/b]. Wow. You did nothing this season. How are you gonna bitch about not getting a bid when you did nothing to deserve it. I talk shit about UC because I don't like the school or their fans. Tough luck, you lose. I laugh at you. :pointlaff:

Also, I was talking to my friend, Kyle, aka WhoDey48, and I always typically talk shit to him about UC whenever I see him. So....stop. Commit suicide or somethin.
[/quote]

i really dont know whos resume you posted up there but its not UC's, another reason why you dont know your facts. get educated before you talk shit.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='dieselman44' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:28 AM' post='230645']
[/quote]

[b]OK, who have you beat this year? A shitty Syracuse team(at the time), Seton Hall, Indiana, and WVU[/b]. Wow. You did nothing this season. How are you gonna bitch about not getting a bid when you did nothing to deserve it. I talk shit about UC because I don't like the school or their fans. Tough luck, you lose. I laugh at you. :pointlaff:

[/quote]

i really dont know whos resume you posted up there but its not UC's, another reason why you dont know your facts. get educated before you talk shit.
[/quote]

add/subtract a few shitty teams and replace them with other shitty teams. Its the same thing. And its the same outcome. #1 seed in the NIT.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='230429' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:20 PM'][quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='230427' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:18 PM']

yup. [b]itsj sut not the same filling this bracket out and UC pulling upset after upset to get into my final four[/b] -_-
[/quote]

maybe u can win some money now ;)

[quote name='Honkey' post='230435' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:27 PM']Fucking BULLSHIT!!!

[b]plus XU has to play Gonzaga...
[/b]
shitty day for cincinnati...

Go Bucks!

Let's sign Lawyer Milloy and get this week off to a better start[/quote]

XU could easily upset Gonzaga. Justin Cage i think has the ability to put some serious defensive pressure on morrison and i think if Xaviers offense comes out without making alot of TOs and just plays consistent they could pull off the upset. Gonzaga has 2 players and if u can shut morrison out they can easily be beaten.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='230575' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:14 PM'][quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='230427' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:18 PM']
[/quote]

he has a point, UC is usually gone by round 2, if not round 1. atleast u can go far into the NIT :pointlaff:

In seriousness though: Not making the NCAA tourney probably helps UC out. Nancy Z doesnt get her hands on those nice revenue increases from making the tourney and it will make her want to field a better team because those tourney checks are pretty nice for colleges, so this could put more pressure on her not only from the fans, but the students and the financial side of UC too.

GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!!! :2rave: :headbang: :headbang:

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='230488' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:37 PM'][quote name='dieselman44' post='230482' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:34 PM']

MEANWHILE....

[/quote]

[/quote]

GO UAB and ORAL ROBERTS.
[/quote]

[b]WHO HAS UC BEAT??? [/b]

um....

um....

um....

NOBODY.

[/quote]

LSU, Marquette (at Marquette), West Virginia, Murray State, and Syracuse - all tournament teams.

[quote name='DaJungle11' post='230457' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:54 PM']"Ohhhhhhhhhh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UC LEFT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIGGEST HOSE JOB OF THE PROCESS
Air Force:
RPI: 50
SOS 158
Best win: 56 San Diego St, 67 BYU
Top 50 RPI: 0-1
Top 100 RPI: 5-3
Texas AM
RPI 44
SOS 67
Best Win: 8 Texas, 59 Colorado
Top 50 RPI: 1-5
Top 100 RPI: 7-7
Seton Hall
RPI: 58
SOS: 36
Best win: 11 Pitt, 17 Syracuse
Top 50 RPI: 4-4
Top 100 RPI: 8-8
Utah State
RPI: 46
SOS: 102
Best win: 19 Nevada, 60 NW ST
Top 50: 1-2
Top 100: 7-4
George Mason
RPI: 26
SOS: 89
Best win: 27 Wich St, 28 UNC Wilm
Top 50: 2-4
Top 100: 8-6
Wichita St
RPI: 27
SOS: 58
Best win: 21 Missouri St (2x), 29 S. Il
Top 50: 6-8
Top 100: 8-8
UC
RPI: 40
SOS: 5
Best Win: 13 LSU, 17 Syracuse
Top 50: 4-8
Top 100: 11-11" Quote Lance[/quote]

You left out the best one - Alabama. How the frack does Alabama make it over UC?

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='230431' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:22 PM'][size=7]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!![/size]

MEANWHILE

whatever virgin

I would like to see XU knock off Gonzaga, but I do not see anyway for them to do so. Who is gonna shut down Adam Morrison and Batista? I expect Batista to have a real big game.

I think OSU has a better class, but a lot of experts say UNC has the best. I can definitely see both of them in the final four next year as long as the younger guys stay for both teams.

Can you imagine if OJ Mayo and Bill Walker wound up at OSU and Oden stayed 2 years... Nat'l Champs

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='GoBengals' post='230847' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:47 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='230431' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:22 PM']

MEANWHILE

whatever virgin
[/quote]

pwnage

anywho for all you UC fans you RIGHTFULLY feel like you have been violated up the dookie shoot, your not alone Billy Packer feels your fan and he called out the cracked out selection committee.

[quote]NCAA selection committee chair fires back at critics

By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer
March 13, 2006

AP - Mar 13, 5:11 pm EST
More Photos

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Craig Littlepage took aim at critics of the NCAA selection committee Monday, even firing back at CBS.

One day after the committee was harshly criticized for its 65-team field, its chairman defended the panel's work saying he wanted a better working relationship with the NCAA's $6 billion broadcast partner.

Then, when pressed on comments made by CBS analyst Billy Packer, Littlepage mixed honesty with diplomacy.

"I think Billy made the comment that he hadn't seen the Missouri Valley Conference play, but he felt comfortable enough to talk about their lower level of performance not only this year but over time," Littlepage said. "It seems to be counterintuitive, if you will, that he'd make a comment like that."

A message for Packer was left with CBS.

Littlepage, the athletic director at the University of Virginia, praised the 10-member committee for its dedication, thorough evaluations and ability to work under a challenging deadline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yes No
Yes No

Yes No

Some scrutiny, he acknowledged, was expected.

But the scope of the criticism during Sunday's selection show telecast and on other networks clearly irritated Littlepage.

The controversy from Sunday's brackets seemed as wide-ranging as the tournament itself -- Packer and CBS aside -- and former committee member Jim Delany called the criticism unprecedented.

"It seemed to me to be at a higher pitch than before," said Delany, the Big Ten commissioner.

Among the issues were:

[b]-- [size=3]Cincinnati's omission despite a strong strength of schedule ranking and a relatively high RPI. [/size]

-- The at-large selections of Air Force and Utah State, two teams with lower RPIs than schools such as Michigan and Missouri State -- which were left out of the field.

-- Seedings that gave Tennessee a No. 2 seed, higher than either Southeastern Conference regular-season champion LSU or tournament champ Florida, and had No. 14 George Washington dealt an eight seed in the Atlanta Regional despite having the best record in the field at 26-2. [/b]

But what riled Littlepage was Packer's assertion the committee look at a five-year track record of teams and conferences. Littlepage and past committee chairmen have stated regularly that past performances have no bearing on the brackets.

And Littlepage said the reason teams from the traditional power conferences fare better in the tournament is that they typically get higher seeds.

"He may have an opinion about that or the two of them may have an opinion about that, and they are certainly free to have those opinions and express those opinions," Littlepage said of Packer and his CBS broadcast partner, Jim Nantz. "But to look at this in terms of the partnership, you would hope there would be a little better understanding of what it is that we do and an accurate reflection of the facts as they know them to be. Facts, instead of opinions, would be helpful."

But there were times Monday that Littlepage almost seemed to plead for empathy.

"I think you can imagine the pressure in that room and the tension that builds up leading to Sunday," he said. "We're working on the field up until about 30 to 45 minutes before it goes on the air."

Since the pairings were released, there have also been questions about whether mid-major programs were disproportionately represented on the committee. Littlepage denied that.

He said six of the 10 committee members work at Division I-A schools, primarily from the Bowl Championship Series conferences, while only four work at schools with Division I-AA football programs.

Another issue was how the championships being played Sunday afternoon complicate the selection process.

"For instance, if South Carolina wins the SEC championship, that takes a spot away and changes what we've already done," Littlepage said.

Delany said the Big Ten prefers playing late Sunday afternoon because it gives the game more national coverage. If that means those two teams are penalized, Delany is willing to accept such a decision.

"We choose to play at that time so whatever the consequences are, we bear them," Delany said.

Littlepage remained confident, though, that by Tuesday night's opening round game between Monmouth and Hampton all the controversy would fade.

But before next year, Littlepage hopes to find a way to avoid a repeat of Sunday night's blistering attacks -- particularly on CBS' selection show.

"I think what we have to have are more conversations about the partnership and how we need to work better together a little bit," he said. "Or at least to have better information and accurate information out there."[/quote]

The SEC must have slipped the tourney committee some cash because they got the most undeserved love as a conference. No way should Tennesssee have gotten a #2 seed, their coach thought they were going to get a 4/5 seed at the highest. Alabama and Arkansas shouldn't have made it as the SEC was down this year so they compiled a decent record against lesser competition.

All in all it is a competitive tourney but I don't see anyone beating UConn, they are too talented and deep. Plus they have a coach who as won championships so he knows what it takes to get it done. Duke and Gongaza are like the same team, if you can stop their main threat and make the other 4 guys beat you, you have a good chance of beating both teams. I like Memphis, despite the ever annoying BAB, but their youth will cost them as they don't have enough big game experience to win the big game. Should be one of the best tourney's in a long though, I will enjoy watching the games.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Bunghole' post='231578' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:27 AM']Kentucky will beat UCONN.
Randolph Morris, Rajon Rondo, Joe Crawford, Patrick Sparks....yeah baby, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
:badger: [/quote]

Put down the moonshine, I know it good to have dreams and all but c'mon.

Kentucky has been struggling to beat average SEC teams and the SEC is having a down year. I'm glad Kentucky made it because I like Tubby, but he knows he doesn't have the horse to beat an all-star team like UConn. UConn reminds alot of experts of UNC from last year, they are loaded with NBA talent, Kentucky is loaded with NBADL talent, see the difference???

Archived