I almost forgot

My youngest got his first Varsity hit on Tuesday. Line drive through the six hole (between SS and 3b). :dance:

This was his third game of the season, he went 0-1 with 2 BB in the first game (ground out).

Walked in 1 at bat in the 2nd.

He had two fly-outs before his hit in the third game.

He might be the starting pitcher next game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//42.gif[/img]

He's a Freshman :D

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='238103' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:30 PM']Congrats law..reminds me of when I played knothole...nervous ass hell first time out B)[/quote]

ya i was more nervous for my first year of knothole than when i moved up to AABC. that first game i was a starting pitcher was even worse though, so id make sure to give him a little speech or something in the pregame to calm his nerves.

thanks all,

he's following big footseps: His Brother was a 4 year starter SS/P

2003 Beach District "Player of the year", First team All-Tidewater, All State Honorable Mention: Pitcher

2005 Florida Junior Colleges "Fireman of the year".

Ironically, his hit came against his brother former high school ( my youngest school, Landstown, was built in 2002.)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='238113' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:48 PM'][quote name='STRAYCAT' post='238103' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:30 PM']
Congrats law..reminds me of when I played knothole...nervous ass hell first time out B)[/quote]

ya i was more nervous for my first year of knothole than when i moved up to AABC. that first game i was a starting pitcher was even worse though, so id make sure to give him a little speech or something in the pregame to calm his nerves.
[/quote]

Thanks,

he's pitched in some big games himself, AAU 12U National Championship game. He came in the 3rd with his team down 2-0, pitching 4 innings we lost 2-0. There was a big debate (among parents) about starting him, but I understood what the coach was doing.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Lawman' post='238098' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:23 PM']My youngest got his first Varsity hit on Tuesday. Line drive through the six hole (between SS and 3b). :dance:

This was his third game of the season, he went 0-1 with 2 BB in the first game (ground out).

He might be the starting pitcher next game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//42.gif[/img]

He's a Freshman :D[/quote]
what high school does ur son go to??i currently live in Chesapeake

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='238129' date='Mar 24 2006, 10:27 PM'][quote name='Lawman' post='238098' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:23 PM']
My youngest got his first Varsity hit on Tuesday. Line drive through the six hole (between SS and 3b). :dance:

[/quote]

Landstown,
2005 football state champs 2004/2006 runner-ups; Percy Harvin and Damon Mcdaniel

Guest Claptonrocks
I played varsity baseball as a freshman... the first hit I got was still the most thrilling hit I ever had in baseball... congrats to your son...

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Lawman' post='238168' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:48 PM'][quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='238129' date='Mar 24 2006, 10:27 PM']
[quote name='Lawman' post='238098' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:23 PM']

[/quote]
yea i hear that but always getting disqualified from the playoffs [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
Landstown,
2005 football state champs 2004/2006 runner-ups; Percy Harvin and Damon Mcdaniel
[/quote]

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='238198' date='Mar 25 2006, 02:09 AM'][quote name='Lawman' post='238168' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:48 PM']
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='238129' date='Mar 24 2006, 10:27 PM']
[quote name='Lawman' post='238098' date='Mar 24 2006, 09:23 PM']

[/quote]
yea i hear that but always getting disqualified from the playoffs [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
Landstown,
[/quote]
[/quote]

No, they have not ever been disqualified from the Playoffs. Harvin was not allowed to participate in Track this year. Football/basketball related conduct; I'll get back to that. But I bet Coach U. Meyers(FLA) is happy.

The football team were potentially having to forfeit 7 games this past year and not allowed to advance to the semi-final game. There were allegations of illegal player.

Here is the skinny:
Landstown has a Vocational Program. The player in question actually attended Landstown in his Junior year (Voc Prog). HE DID NOT PLAY FOOTBALL. By VHSS rules after sitting out a year; he should be eligible.
His parents used an address in the Landstown Zone. The player was not a starter and was a sub-par player; he just wanted to be on the team. Why did he play in so many games you ask; Landstown averaging 52 points a game were blowing alot of people out. VHSS ruled in favor of Landstown.

As for Harvin, he had trouble (and others) dealing with being a 17 year old Phenom. By others accounts; Harvin 's actions were provoked by opposing players and of course as a 17 year old (lacking self-control) it was natural for him to respond.

As for Coach Beatty (Chris); he is now the Hampton University OC. He runs spread offense so at the High School level coupled with players like Harvin and Mcdaniel, one can see how potent that offense can be.

Oakton did a great job of double-teaming Harvin in the State championship game while Mcdaniels was hampered by a turf-toe.

My sons BB team is not very good, but they play hard and have arguably the best field in the Beach District; Beach district play-offs are held there.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='238169' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:50 PM']I played varsity baseball as a freshman... the first hit I got was still the most thrilling hit I ever had in baseball... congrats to your son...[/quote]

Thanks, that should be one you'll never forgot.

"Glory Days" Bruce Springsteen

I had a friend was a big baseball player
back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
but all he kept talking about was

Chorus:
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Well there's a girl that lives up the block
back in school she could turn all the boy's heads
Sometimes on a Friday I'll stop by
and have a few drinks after she put her kids to bed
Her and her husband Bobby well they split up
I guess it's two years gone by now
We just sit around talking about the old times,
she says when she feels like crying
she starts laughing thinking about

Chorus

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
and I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

Chorus (repeat twice)

[quote name='Lawman' post='238098' date='Mar 25 2006, 02:23 AM']My youngest got his first Varsity hit on Tuesday. Line drive through the six hole (between SS and 3b). :dance:

Congrats :headbang: Its a blast watching your kids play sports, can also be nerve wrecking though, my son had his first game winning shot 3 weeks ago, down 45-43 with 2 seconds left he hit a 3 pointer from the corner to win the game, the emotion of watching him and his teammates celebrate brought a tear to my eye

Wish my son had some fire inside for baseball, he played for 8 years and dominated, his coach always said that he could get a hit blindfolded, he was hitting 70mph when he was 10, has a great arm , can play every position except catcher and is fast as lightning but several years ago he picked up a basketball and gave up on baseball even though he is a much better baseball player than a basketball player but what can you do?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lawman' post='238618' date='Mar 26 2006, 12:05 PM']70mph when he was 10 :blink:[/quote]

Yes, he was born on opening day in 1992 so I thought it was an omen so I groomed him to be a baseball player starting when he was in the crib by rolling balls to him, when he was 3 I had him hitting golfballs with a small souveneir wooden bat, by the age of 6 I had him in the batting cages hitting 35 mph and moved him up progressively every year, he made the all star team every year but one and almost always led his team in hitting and every other offensive category, he has a great arm is very fast and quick and is a slick fielder

But I think I burned him out on baseball, for a couple of years he played on 2 different teams and really tore it up but now he has practically given up on it, he has 2 different coaches trying to talk him into playing but he wants to play summer basketball instead. Sad thing is he's a much better baseball player than a basketball player

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]But I think I burned him out on baseball, for a couple of years he played on 2 different teams and really tore it up but now he has practically given up on it, he has 2 different coaches trying to talk him into playing but he wants to play summer basketball instead. Sad thing is he's a much better baseball player than a basketball player[/quote]

Hopefully he will get the itch back. my Brother-in-Law's son, heckuva a player, stopped playing ball and is wrestling now <_<

My youngest Picked up his first Pitching Victory yesterday; team trailing 4-2, he allowed 1 run and the team won 7-5 to finish 4th in the tournament.

He batted .636 and was named to the All Tournament Team :D

He has 4 multiple-hit games on the season.

Archived