Found this really cool link

Came across this by accident. Seems like a very well informed site.

[url="http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/posters/printPost.cgi?category=draftnotes&at=draft1.shtml"]http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/posters/pr...at=draft1.shtml[/url]

Here's some really intersting recent titbits of info from the site's newsreel...

[u]Draft Notes 4-14[/u]

[b]Jason Allen, (DB, Tennessee) has had approximately 20 visits scheduled with NFL teams including the Chargers, Vikings, Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Jets and Dolphins.[/b]

[b]Domenik Hixon (WR, Akron) has had visits scheduled with the Chargers, Buccaneers, Steelers, Colts, Bengals and Raiders.[/b]

Laurence Maroney (RB, Minnesota) will likely still be taken in the first round. If the Broncos cannot move up, Maroney will be likely taken by Denver with one of their two first round picks.

Vernon Davis (TE, Maryland) will likely be off the board early and the 49ers are reportedly extremely high on him and may be the team to scoop the former Terp up.

Jimmy Williams (DB, Virginia Tech) is high on the list of Miami coach Nick Saban and the Dolphins may pull the trigger to get him in the opening round.

Roger McIntosh (LB, Miami, FL) has moved up on many draft boards and is ranked very high by Rams assistant coach Jim Haslett. Do not be surprised if McIntosh hears his name called earlier than some experts are predicting.

Leon Williams (LB, Miami, FL) has had visits with the Jaguars, Browns, Dolphins, Redskins and Steelers. He has worked out for the Patriots, Chiefs and Cowboys.

Orien Harris, (DL, Miami, FL) has visited the Dolphins and Broncos and worked out for the Cowboys and Patriots.

Antwan Marsh (DB, Pikeville), who was timed in the low 4.4 range at his Pro Day, has had visits with the Jaguars, Steelers, and Seahawks.

Dee McCann (DB, West Virginia) has visited the Eagles and has had workouts with the Patriots and Colts.

Bobby Iwuchukwu (LB, Purdue) has worked out for the Eagles and will workout for the Cowboys.

Wendell Mathis (RB, Fresno State) has had a workout with the Cowboys.

Josh Betts (QB, Miami, OH) had 31 NFL teams present at his Pro Day where he did full drills. --J J Pesavento
[u]
Draft Notes 4-13[/u]
[b]
Garrett McIntyre (DE, Fresno State) worked out for the Patriots and Bengals.[/b]

[b]Manny Sanchez (LB, Fresno State) worked out for the New England Patriots, Bengals, and Dallas Cowboys. The Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay also had coaches present for the Fresno State Pro Day.[/b]

Linzell Jackson (WR, Weber State) worked out at Utah for a scout from the Indiananpolis Colts.

[u]Draft Notes 4-12[/u]

Chris Morris (OL, Michigan State) has visited the Seahawks and will be visiting the Jets. He worked out for the Patriots and a few other NFL clubs.

Ryan LaCasse (DE, Syracuse) has visited Jacksonville and is going to visit Indianapolis.

[b]Bruce Gradkowksi (QB, Toledo) has worked out for Cincinatti, Jacksonville, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Miami, and a number of other NFL clubs.[/b]

[u]Draft Notes 4-11[/u]

John Chick (DE, Utah St) had a visit and workout with Dallas.

Tony Moll (OT, Nevada) had a workout with Dallas, and visits with Green Bay and San Diego.

Jimmy Cottrel (LB New Mexico St) had workouts with Houston and Indy; and visits with St. Louis and Seattle.

Jeff Charleston (DE, Idaho St.) had a visit with Seattle.

Jarrett Bush (CB, Utah St.) had a visit with Green Bay.

Quinton Ganther, (RB, Utah) had a workout with Dallas and interviewed at the Combine with the NY Jets, Seattle, Green Bay and Philadephia.

Quadtrine Hill - RB (Miami) has visits scheduled with the Dolphins, Seahawks, Packers and Cowboys.

Brent Hawkins - OLB/Rush End (Illinois State) has visits scheduled with the Bears, Colts, Steelers, Jaguars, Packers, Chiefs, Falcons, Cowboys. (The Browns and Vikings sent defensive coordinators to meet with him at Illinois State).--J J Pesavento

[b]Domenik Hixon WR Akron
Height: 6-2 1/2 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.36[/b]

Official Bio

[u]Strengths:[/u]
Has excellent size and a solid frame...A smooth athlete with great timed speed and quickness...Is very physical and plays with a defensive mentality...Has good hands...Runs well after the catch...Smart and a hard worker with top intangibles.
[u]
Weaknesses:[/u]
Raw and is still adjusting to and learning the position...Doesn't play as fast as he times and struggles to separate...Can run better routes...Is not much of a deep threat...Lacks experience and he did not always play against elite competition.

[u]Notes:[/u]
Entered college at only 160 pounds...Actually played safety early in his career before moving to wideout as a junior in 2004...A bit of a developmental prospect but he certainly has all the physical tools...Still improving and has a lot of upside.

Very interesting, could be a late round steal.

I would love Domenik Hixon to be in a Bengal uniform next year. Being from the Akron area, I have watched this kid who used to play safety, grown to become great reciever. I still have the MAC Championship game TiVoed and I watch it ever so often. Hixon caught the game winning pass from Getsy and the Zips took the MAC. One of the best games I've ever watched...

GO ZIPS!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer2Chad4TD' post='249916' date='Apr 15 2006, 08:28 AM']I would love Domenik Hixon to be in a Bengal uniform next year. Being from the Akron area, I have watched this kid who used to play safety, grown to become great reciever. I still have the MAC Championship game TiVoed and I watch it ever so often. Hixon caught the game winning pass from Getsy and the Zips took the MAC. One of the best games I've ever watched...

GO ZIPS![/quote]

I'd love to get Martin Nance, he is a beast. Hixon is pretty damn good too. Both should have successful careers.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='249910' date='Apr 15 2006, 05:56 AM'][b]Domenik Hixon WR Akron[/b]
Height: 6-2 1/2 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: [b]4.36[/b]

Official Bio

[u]Strengths:[/u]
Has excellent size and a solid frame...A smooth athlete with great timed speed and quickness...Is very physical and plays with a defensive mentality...Has good hands...Runs well after the catch...Smart and a hard worker with top intangibles.
[u]
Weaknesses:[/u]
Raw and is still adjusting to and learning the position...Doesn't play as fast as he times and struggles to separate...Can run better routes...[b]Is not much of a deep threat[/b]...Lacks experience and he did not always play against elite competition.

[u]Notes:[/u]
Entered college at only 160 pounds...Actually played safety early in his career before moving to wideout as a junior in 2004...A bit of a developmental prospect but he certainly has all the physical tools...Still improving and has a lot of upside.

Very interesting, could be a late round steal.[/quote]

Dude runs a 4.36 and "is not much of a deep threat"? Why, does he trip after running 10 yards?

[quote name='Jason' post='250338' date='Apr 16 2006, 08:50 AM']Dude runs a 4.36 and "is not much of a deep threat"? Why, does he trip after running 10 yards?[/quote]

I know! I thought the same thing.... What, does he run downfield and forget to turn to catch the ball? or since he is such a defensive Wideout, does he run downfield, get wide open, then bat the ball down in front of himself so he doesnt allow himself to make the catch?

Some writers dont have editors or sense sometimes :crazy:

Guest ThurmanMunster
scouting reports never make sense. in strengths it will say he gets great separation and then in weaknesses it will say he doesnt have much speed to get away from people.

like 99% of the time the strengths and weaknesses contradict each other. I hate scout sites they are trash.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='VonBlade' post='250596' date='Apr 16 2006, 10:01 PM']And that's why he's not a deep threat. Doesn't matter how fast you can run if you can't seperate and follow your route.[/quote]

That's true... I mean, Darnay Scott was pretty fast, but he wasn't blazing fast... and yet somehow he could always seem to outrun the DB on a long bomb from Blake or whoever.

latest blog from the site's draft section....

[b]Kyle Ralph (OL, North Carolina) has received interest from the Chargers, Bengals, Saints, Panthers, Giants, Eagles, Bears, and Jaguars.

Draft Notes 4-15

There have been reports that NFL sources are saying physicians have concerns that the hip injured by Tennessee defensive back Jason Allen last season could possibly be a degenerative condition. At this point, Allen has had a number of visits with NFL teams and none have asked him, or his representatives, any questions about, or shown any concern over the condition of his hip. [/b]

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='250705' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:31 AM']latest blog from the site's draft section....
[b]Kyle Ralph (OL, North Carolina) has received interest from the Chargers, Bengals, Saints, Panthers, Giants, Eagles, Bears, and Jaguars.

Draft Notes 4-15

There have been reports that NFL sources are saying physicians have concerns that the hip injured by Tennessee defensive back Jason Allen last season could possibly be a degenerative condition. At this point, Allen has had a number of visits with NFL teams and none have asked him, or his representatives, any questions about, or shown any concern over the condition of his hip. [/b][/quote]
Kyle Ralph seems like an interesting prospect. Just got some info from some college website....

"Guard Kyle Ralph, Sr. - [b]The team's best blocker, Ralph is an All-ACC performer who didn't allow a sack last year. He's great on the move and good at springing big runs.[/b]"

He's 6-4 295 and plays right guard. Would be a nice backup to Bobby or Eric on the o-line(though would need to add 10-15 lbs IMO).

Archived