Reds vs Nationals

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='emc334' post='254481' date='Apr 24 2006, 07:16 PM']Nice to get the new pitcher a little breathing room. May need a lot of runs to win this one...

but hopefully not[/quote]
Not even giving Elizardo a chance... :angry: ...Great hit by EE 3-0 now!! :badger:

Guest WhoDeyForever

RBI Single by Felipe :badger: ...im watching the game on the nationals tv station and they keep complaining about the calls :lol: ...4-1 now...Dunn up :badger:

Guest WhoDeyForever
Great catch by BPhil [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] Elizardo has been doing great

Guest WhoDeyForever
Elizardo pulled...GREAT PITCHING!!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Guest WhoDeyForever
wOW did anybody see that vidro hit...now that was scary [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

Guest oldschooler
Very nice quality start by Ramirez ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

C`mon let`s nail this one down for him ...he deserves the win !

Nice to see the new guy get his first major league win. He should be pretty good when we put him in the bullpen.

How long is Milton out? I'm wondering because if this Ramierez kid turns out to be a solid, consistent starter, we could move Milton to either the bullpen when he comes back, or to another team.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='emc334' post='254481' date='Apr 24 2006, 07:16 PM']Nice to get the new pitcher a little breathing room. May need a lot of runs to win this one...

but hopefully not[/quote]

keep being negative, it seems to work lol.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='254573' date='Apr 24 2006, 09:56 PM']Nice to see the new guy get his first major league win. He should be pretty good when we put him in the bullpen.

How long is Milton out? I'm wondering because if this Ramierez kid turns out to be a solid, consistent starter, we could move Milton to either the bullpen when he comes back, or to another team.[/quote]

Milton has almost no trade value cuz of that contract he carries. If he is healthy he will pitch good enough for us to win. Williams is the one that should go to the bullpen because he cant really see a hitter more than once without being torn up. He is made to be a RP. Milton aint worth the 8 mill, but he is a solid starter and wouldnt get near the hate if he made half of his contract.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='254573' date='Apr 24 2006, 09:56 PM']Nice to see the new guy get his first major league win. He should be pretty good when we put him in the bullpen.

How long is Milton out? I'm wondering because if this Ramierez kid turns out to be a solid, consistent starter, we could move Milton to either the bullpen when he comes back, or to another team.[/quote]

That have been grooming Elizardo as a starter for several years now. It is HIGHLY unlikely that he'll go to the pen.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='254693' date='Apr 25 2006, 12:04 AM']That have been grooming Elizardo as a starter for several years now. It is HIGHLY unlikely that he'll go to the pen.[/quote]

if they make him a starter, then i want williams in the pen. Is Ramirez staying up or is he going back down soon?

Hey guys,

I was at the game last night. Was it on TV?

(First, I need to shout out Jamie_B, sorry Jamie :( , I got back to my room and the MWR lady had a note
offering a Free Ticket. If I had known earlier, we could of met up at he game. I am thinking about going again tonight)

The game:

When I was watching Ramirez pitch, the first thing that came to mind was Mario Soto.
He topped off at 92, consistantly 88-91. His change-up was in the low 80's; sidenote, I thought the ump was a little tight on his zone-but fair. Great composure, I think he had the 1 walk (a few piches looked close).

Hernandez:
Max out at 86 (1 or 2 pitches), consistantly around 83-84.

Reds hitters:
We could of knocked Hernandez out in the 2nd, Dunn grounded into a double-play and killed the threat; B. Hatcher chewed is ass out about something :D . It was priceless.

Problem with Kearns strike out's; IMO, he was sitting back waiting for a 90 MPH fastball; :rant: Hernandez was only averaging 84, they were both balls.

I like Phiilips :thumbsup:, Encarcion had the hardest hit followed by Valentine (nice game).

Stadium:
I think the Reds learned last night why RFK should be renamed "Death Valley", the ball does not carry and the park is deep. At GABP, Encarcion, Valentine and maybe Phillips (370 power alley shot) balls could of been HR's. Eric Milton would be a perfect fit for RFK

Wish list from the Nat's: Firstbaseman Nick Johnson. Soriano/Vidro real good players.

Archived