Country Music

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Jason' post='271477' date='May 22 2006, 02:00 PM']Too bad the movie sucked royally.[/quote] :blink: wtf?

its based off of homers odyssey, was nominated for 2 oscars, had another 6 wins and 28 other nominations, and is generally viewed as one of the best movies of recent history... youre opinion is obviously in the minority

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='271486' date='May 22 2006, 02:32 PM']:blink: wtf?
its based off of homers odyssey, was nominated for 2 oscars, had another 6 wins and 28 other nominations, and is generally viewed as one of the best movies of recent history... youre opinion is obviously in the minority[/quote]

actually the only person that i know that likes that shitty movie is my Grandma and she is a Kentucky Wildcats fan, nuff said.

That movie sucks ass.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='271486' date='May 22 2006, 02:32 PM']:blink: wtf?
its based off of homers odyssey, was nominated for 2 oscars, had another 6 wins and 28 other nominations, and is generally viewed as one of the best movies of recent history... youre opinion is obviously in the minority[/quote]

Very losely based on the Odyssey. Odyseus was not an escaped convict. I just thought the movie was terribly dull. And my experience has been that critics like slow boring dramas. I also tend not to be a fan of movies where the "heroes" are people who should be the villans.

I don't mind being in the minority. I didn't like the movie at all.

Guest mongoloido

I enjoyed the movie a lot. It's one of the quirkier Coen brothers films, so perhaps that has something to do with why some like the movie and others dislike it. I enjoy the Coen brothers films, and found it comforting to slip into their style of film.... David Mamet, on the other hand, takes quite a bit of work for me to get into. I could not get into Glengarry Glen Ross, or The Spanish Prisoner. He's grown on me, but I still need to be in the mood for a lot of his films (I tend to do better with the films he did the screenplay for than the ones he totally wrote. I guess a little Mamet goes a long way for me :)).

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='271180' date='May 22 2006, 02:01 AM']Yes, it's true, I like country music. I'm a 16 yr old black kid who enjoys some country music, I admit it. Anyone else round here like them some country music? I know there's gotta be quite a few of you.
My fav are Kenny Chesney and Travis Tritt.[/quote]

I call Bullshit :boring:

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Storm' post='271724' date='May 22 2006, 09:00 PM']I call Bullshit :boring:[/quote]

What? Why?

My fav song by Kenny Chesney is "Back Where I Come From". I know EVERY SINGLE WORD in that song.

My fav song by Tritt is "Best of Intentions".

Bye Bye. :wave:

Guest steggyD

The movie was done perfectly, from an artistic standpoint. I just tend to think the lesser of our sentient beings just don't understand the movie that well. ;)

Guest Claptonrocks
Country music has evolved into what was 70's pop music...
It should be called Country Pop instead of Country and Western.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='steggyD' post='271802' date='May 23 2006, 12:13 AM']The movie was done perfectly, from an artistic standpoint. I just tend to think the lesser of our sentient beings just don't understand the movie that well. ;)[/quote]

i understood the movie, but that doesnt make it good, it still blows and it was slower than shit and boring. i prefer my movies to have some level of entertainment to them too.

Altho i saw it right after Crash and Crash is like my favorite movie of all time.

Guest schotzee
Love a lot of the old and most of the new.Older stuff,Johnny Cash,merle Haggard,Hank Williams,Buck Owens,Ernest Tubb.Newer stuff,Shania Twain,Martina McBride,AllisonMoorer,Gretchen Wilson,Terri Clark,Toby Keith,Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson,Josh Turner.Many others.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='271855' date='May 23 2006, 02:04 AM']thats not what peyton and kurt told me... ;)[/quote]

good post, makes perfect sense

Guest steggyD
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='271864' date='May 23 2006, 02:39 AM']i understood the movie, but that doesnt make it good, it still blows and it was slower than shit and boring. i prefer my movies to have some level of entertainment to them too.
Altho i saw it right after Crash and Crash is like my favorite movie of all time.[/quote]
To each their own. You know what. Crash plain ol' sucks, in my opinion. So there...

Archived