Country Music

Guest BadassBengal

Guest BadassBengal
Yes, it's true, I like country music. I'm a 16 yr old black kid who enjoys some country music, I admit it. Anyone else round here like them some country music? I know there's gotta be quite a few of you.
My fav are Kenny Chesney and Travis Tritt.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='271180' date='May 21 2006, 08:01 PM']Yes, it's true, I like country music. I'm a 16 yr old black kid who enjoys some country music, I admit it. Anyone else round here like them some country music? I know there's gotta be quite a few of you.
My fav are Kenny Chesney and Travis Tritt.[/quote]
My wife knows every word to every country song on the radio. I'm a rock guy for the most part, but I can tolerate some Toby Keith and several other songs I've heard while I have to let her control the car radio but I have no idea whom the artists are. As long as it isn't some sappy, contrived bullshit that masquerades as a story being told by a country boy/girl, I guess I can stand it when I have to.
I hate my wife.....

Guest ThurmanMunster

i HATE country music.

i guess Coy Bacon cant hate on me too much, for being white, cuz i seem to be blacker than BAB

:ninja:

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='271205' date='May 21 2006, 10:32 PM']i HATE country music.
i guess Coy Bacon cant hate on me too much, for being white, cuz i seem to be blacker than BAB
:ninja:[/quote]

Bitch, country was FORCED upon me about 2 years ago, and I.... am in love with the genre, now. Actually, it started way before that. I used to watch CMT back when I was around 6 or 7 all the time. But... that stopped after a lil while, but I guess it has resurfaced in me.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='271180' date='May 21 2006, 10:01 PM']Yes, it's true, I like country music. I'm a 16 yr old black kid who enjoys some country music, I admit it. Anyone else round here like them some country music? I know there's gotta be quite a few of you.
My fav are Kenny Chesney and Travis Tritt.[/quote]

Come on brotha, all black people know that country music is whack. Which obviously means I'm not a fan.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='whodey 85' post='271211' date='May 21 2006, 10:38 PM']Come on brotha, all black people know that country music is whack. Which obviously means I'm not a fan.[/quote]

it sounds like BAB "whacks" to country music...

:gayflag:

:ninja:

My parents went through a phase in my younger days where they listened to country music. It seemed so long ago.. 12-13 years ago actually. I'll still listen to the country music from then and on like John Deere Green by Joe Diffie and Fishing in the Dark by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus :lol: (I think everyone can say they heard the album Some Gave All) um.. who else.. Randy Travis, travis Tritt, Hal Ketchum, Alan Jackson, Lee Roy Parnell, Brooks & Dunn and other select few songs. Songs from that time bring a lot of memories. I can still remember playing with my Ninja Turtles action figures while listening to "That Summer" by Garth Brooks. :lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='271223' date='May 21 2006, 10:53 PM']I absolutely loved the "South Park" episode where they called out Alan Jackson in particular and country music in general for profiting off the 9/11 attacks....[/quote]dont even get me started on all the faggotry that goes on in that specific type of country music. obviously im not pc in the least bit, but the type of shit they do sends me into an uncontrollable rage. songs about the iraqi invasion saying people say we dont need this war and reverting back to 9/11 for proof, nobody outside of .001% of the population thinks that way dumbass... then mentioning walmart and glorifying white trash pieces of shit... goddamn i want go stab one of them right now just thinking about it. thats not "country" thats trashy, and despite whatever dumbasses who dont like country music will say they do NOT go hand in hand.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='271224' date='May 21 2006, 10:59 PM']dont even get me started on all the faggotry that goes on in that specific type of country music. obviously im not pc in the least bit, but the type of shit they do sends me into an uncontrollable rage. songs about the iraqi invasion saying people say we dont need this war and reverting back to 9/11 for proof, nobody outside of .001% of the population thinks that way dumbass... then mentioning walmart and glorifying white trash pieces of shit... goddamn i want go stab one of them right now just thinking about it. thats not "country" thats trashy, and despite whatever dumbasses who dont like country music will say they do NOT go hand in hand.[/quote]

we need a Hitler of music and he needs to allow all but country to survive.

Guest BengalsOwn
I enjoy some country music.

Fishin' in the dark by the nitty gritty dirt band is by far my favorite country song. I also loved to listen to Brooks and Dunn back when I spent every weekend drinking beer with my buddies.

Guest mongoloido

Dunno how much fits into an classification of "country." I like Bonnie "Prince" Billie (Will Oldham), Johnny Cash, a little Don Williams, a Merle Haggard tune or two, Patsy Cline (lots of Patsy, please :)), Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys, Earle Scruggs, Hank Williams (senior), then bluegrassy/folk stuff like the Oh Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack.

Like most stuff for me, I don't groove too much to the new stuff, but the older stuff is pretty cool.

Ween's 12 Golden Country Greats is nice too. :D

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Bunghole' post='271217' date='May 21 2006, 10:44 PM']I don't view Johnny Cash as country music though. I think it's more of a case that people who like country also identify with Johnny Cash, same as with Elvis.[/quote]

I think you can make the argument that Johnny was too diverse to be pigeon-holed as only being country, but he certainly wrote some great country music.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='271348' date='May 22 2006, 09:03 AM']best. soundtrack. ever.[/quote]

It really is. That soundtrack has turned more people onto that genre of music than any other. Diehard punk rockers listen to that album. It's just amazing, the effect that movie and music has on people.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='271353' date='May 22 2006, 09:13 AM']It really is. That soundtrack has turned more people onto that genre of music than any other. Diehard punk rockers listen to that album. It's just amazing, the effect that movie and music has on people.[/quote]yea, its always great when im blaring itunes on shuffle and some tool turns into ralph stanley or some public enemy runs right into the soggy bottom boys... but ive gotta say, i love the looks it generates from other people

utterly hilarious

Guest mongoloido

Party Shuffle mode rules! If there isn't the chance the next song will be a Paul Anka tune, you just aren't rockin' out to Pantera. :D

With very few exceptions, I am not a fan of country music. I wish I did, for a few reasons. A lot of the female singers are totally hot. And most of them have values a lot closer to mine than most rock stars. But I just don't like it, except a few Shania Twain songs (the more Rock and Roll sounding ones) and a little Toby Keith, and a couple of the older ones. There are a few Merle Haggard songs I like.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='271344' date='May 22 2006, 08:57 AM']then bluegrassy/folk stuff like the Oh Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack.[/quote]

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='271348' date='May 22 2006, 09:03 AM']best. soundtrack. ever.[/quote]

[quote name='steggyD' post='271416' date='May 22 2006, 12:06 PM']Amen.[/quote]

Too bad the movie sucked royally.

Archived