*** ODELL THURMAN IS IN TROUBLE? ***

[quote name='McBallerson' post='280504' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:50 PM']If you know something, and can't say it for whatever reason that maybe, then why would you even elude to it? You are just singling yourself out.[/quote]
hes not eluding to anything... all dans said is that its probably deeper than just some weed, and francisco has done nothing but approve that message.

some people either 1) are uncertain of the specifics, but know the general issues at hand or 2) cant just go blabbing about a subject that was supposed to be on the hush hush for fear of repercussions

seriously people, this isnt the first time weve all had insider info. just chill and wait on it for a little bit, everyones dying just as much as you to figure out the specifics, but accusing people of holding out and being douchebags about it isnt going to bring facts to light any sooner and will more than likely prevent those facts surrounding the case from ever seeing light.

so, in short: quit spazing out, be on the lookout for new info, and quit accusing people of shit. i assure you, if anyone could provide us with further details, they would.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='280506' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:53 PM']I would prefer to know that something is up as well. I don't think it is that people on the board just don't want to say anything. They may only have limited knowledge or [b]can't[/b] say anything because it might jeopordize their jobs or something. I think everyone is trying to figure out what the hell is going on and they may only be getting pieces from sources...I understand the frustration, but instead of telling everyone not say anything, maybe bengalsdave985 should just ignore this thread.[/quote]

Thats the more likely scenerio. I dont know anything really, but from what some who have some inkiling who may have some limitied knowledge, Im not feeling very good about this at all.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='280509' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:59 PM']hes not eluding to anything... all dans said is that its probably deeper than just some weed, and francisco has done nothing but approve that message.

some people either 1) are uncertain of the specifics, but know the general issues at hand or 2) cant just go blabbing about a subject that was supposed to be on the hush hush for fear of repercussions
seriously people, this isnt the first time weve all had insider info. just chill and wait on it for a little bit, everyones dying just as much as you to figure out the specifics, but accusing people of holding out and being douchebags about it isnt going to bring facts to light any sooner and will more than likely prevent those facts surrounding the case from ever seeing light.

so, in short: quit spazing out, be on the lookout for new info, and quit accusing people of shit. i assure you, if anyone could provide us with further details, they would.[/quote]

Word.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='280513' date='Jun 10 2006, 06:06 PM']if saying something about a situation might jepordize your job you might not want to be posting on a fan message board.[/quote]

If reading these things bothers you that much, you might not want to be reading a message board.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='McBallerson' post='280571' date='Jun 10 2006, 08:28 PM']What a cop-out response.[/quote]

How so?

You're the one calling people dousche bags for what they post.

I see two ways to make you and Dave happy.

1- We could delete this thread and any other thread where someone claims to have inside information and ban them immediately.

2- You could stop reading the threads that bother you.

Now either one of those should make you happy, but number 1 would make most of us unhappy. Therefore I simply suggested number 2. That's not a cop-out, it's common sense. I'd much rather read partial information from people who I know for a fact DO have inside information, than read somebody slamming them, calling them dousche bags and whining about them not telling everything they know.

I don't know what your problem is, but my suggestion would seem to solve it.

[quote name='McBallerson' post='280571' date='Jun 10 2006, 08:28 PM']What a cop-out response.[/quote]

dan posting what he knows, which is also nothing, if anyone anywhere around here knew anything concrete it would have come through me and be posted. with them in the shadows, as you mentioned anything else is personal perception or opinion on what info they have heard directly. there has been some serious behind the scenes brainstorming with the mods on this. there is yet a possibly bigger or atleast more interesting topic that again, has no valid backing other than imagination runing with gossip, but i need to shut the site down for a few hours or a day within the next 30-40 hours so hopefully i can gather more facts rather than leave it all hanging during that time, hell im as eager to see if anyone else heard anything new when i logon as well.

backer and dan's responses are 100% honest and forthcoming of what they know. if one of them were to say "dude i work at company X and so and so and so and said said the player is in trouble from an overdose and the other said a medical problem" you leave the board with the same amount of info, none, and have publicaly outed yourself to your emplorer. the last thing ESPN or fox sports wants is an employee blabering rumors and claiming those organizations as teh source. now those companies knowing an employee gave info but attached them or himself personally in no way, is no biggie at all. so the fact of citing the info isnt the issue, including the source which would reveil and immediately involve the company, is a clear problem.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='280500' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:38 PM']thats all well and good if you know something and dont want to share but dont post icons and smily faces as if you are thinking about telling the board when everyone knows you wont say shit. Just dont say anything until it is public knowledge. you can then boast and give yourself a pat on the back since you knew before all the "common" folk. your all attention mongers looking for kids to beg you to give them the story, grow up and either give the story or dont post that you know something in the first place[/quote]

aside from re-assuring that everyone at xavier IS an asshole, the bickering here is pointless. if someones friend or relative or significant other is tied to the bengals, they are doing nothing but steering the imaginations in the right direction, perhaps all they know is thier brother said "DUDE IS IN SOME SHIT" obviously a valid source that works within the inner offices of the bengals, so he knows its true, but no new info. thats just as valid as any other info, and far more helpful in moving in the right direction instead of the sherlock holmes spy work of checking other boards for a link to a story or searching google. remember, a reporter or person on another board is a regular human being too, they got the info somewhere. and probably a few days after anyone connected to the situation. i would much rather someone add "yes its something serious" than nothing at all.

Guest bengalrick

if there is any way to get around it, i'd rather not know what he did... i just want to know if he got it taken care of, did his due, and is he going to be in training camp and on opening day... it sounds like a personal matter, and not a police matter...

this could be a season breaker imo, if its as bad as it sometimes seems on this thread :D

i am just glad to see that you took the time to research that I go to xavier, that pretty comical, not that I need to justify myself but just in case you couldnt find it in your research I go their by force not by choice since there are not any other schools in the area that offer a masters program in sports administration, but why do I bother you probably already knew that

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='280602' date='Jun 10 2006, 09:33 PM']you probably already knew that[/quote]

[center][b][size=4]Go sees all .... [/size] [/b]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/754933590_m.gif[/img][/center]

Guest happyrid
no need to defend yourself dave, xavier is a great school. anyone who thinks that everyone who goes to a certain school is an asshole is probably the one who is an asshole.

i do disagree about the inside info though. i personally appreciate it. francisco definitely has good info. dan from nj is a good poster too.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='280602' date='Jun 10 2006, 09:33 PM']i am just glad to see that you took the time to research that I go to xavier, that pretty comical, not that I need to justify myself but just in case you couldnt find it in your research I go their by force not by choice since there are not any other schools in the area that offer a masters program in sports administration, but why do I bother you probably already knew that[/quote]

research? i moved my eye focal point 4 inches to the left, as admin each email is displayed under each name. take a joke and a deep breath.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='280612' date='Jun 10 2006, 09:59 PM']i really could care less i just dont go around calling people asswholes who I have never met, but thats just me[/quote]

[b]On this forum .... "Asshole" is almost a term of endearment .... if one posts here they have to have thick skin .... [/b] ;)

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='280612' date='Jun 10 2006, 09:59 PM']i really could care less i just dont go around calling people asswholes who I have never met, but thats just me[/quote]

"attention mongers who need to grow up", "asshole", same thing, but thats just [i]me[/i].

Okay, GO, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for your post stating that you made the whole story up to see how the story would spread to other local and national websites and/or to see how the regulars at go-bengals.com react.

...please... :(

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='bengalrick' post='280601' date='Jun 10 2006, 09:32 PM']if there is any way to get around it, i'd rather not know what he did... i just want to know if he got it taken care of, did his due, and is he going to be in training camp and on opening day... it sounds like a personal matter, and not a police matter...

this could be a season breaker imo, if its as bad as it sometimes seems on this thread :D[/quote]

I'm with you on this one... it's not too late to sweep this one under the rug, is it??? Pretend like it never even happened, and let Odell get whatever help he needs in private. Damn it, I'm sick of speculating, tho... like I said I'm on Odell's side no matter what unless it's something really awful like child rape or aiding al Qaeda

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='280615' date='Jun 10 2006, 10:00 PM'][b]On this forum .... "Asshole" is almost a term of endearment .... if one posts here they have to have thick skin .... [/b] ;)[/quote]

Asshole.

;)

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//6.gif[/img]

:ninja:

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='GoBengals' post='280579' date='Jun 10 2006, 08:43 PM']dan posting what he knows, which is also nothing, if anyone anywhere around here knew anything concrete it would have come through me and be posted. with them in the shadows, as you mentioned anything else is personal perception or opinion on what info they have heard directly. there has been some serious behind the scenes brainstorming with the mods on this. there is yet a possibly bigger or atleast more interesting topic that again, has no valid backing other than imagination runing with gossip, but i need to shut the site down for a few hours or a day within the next 30-40 hours so hopefully i can gather more facts rather than leave it all hanging during that time, hell im as eager to see if anyone else heard anything new when i logon as well.

[b]backer and dan's responses are 100% honest and forthcoming of what they know.[/b] if one of them were to say "dude i work at company X and so and so and so and said said the player is in trouble from an overdose and the other said a medical problem" you leave the board with the same amount of info, none, and have publicaly outed yourself to your emplorer. the last thing ESPN or fox sports wants is an employee blabering rumors and claiming those organizations as teh source. now those companies knowing an employee gave info but attached them or himself personally in no way, is no biggie at all. so the fact of citing the info isnt the issue, including the source which would reveil and immediately involve the company, is a clear problem.[/quote]

So does it mean something that Dan is word jumbling "Out For The Year?"

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='280455' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:24 PM']Trfotraeyheuo[/quote]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='280615' date='Jun 10 2006, 10:00 PM'][b]On this forum .... "Asshole" is almost a term of endearment .... if one posts here they have to have thick skin .... [/b] ;)[/quote]

You asshole.

^_^

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//6.gif[/img]

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='mongoloido' post='280649' date='Jun 10 2006, 10:56 PM']So does it mean something that Dan is word jumbling "Out For The Year?"[/quote]

Thank you I'd been waiting for someone to solve that...

FUCK

Archived