[quote name='mongoloido' post='287250' date='Jun 26 2006, 05:09 PM']Unfortunately, the "league observers" are the people here who started the rumor mess. Those PFT guys troll all the forums looking for tidbits to pass off as their own. They don't know anything more than the rest of us, and they heard what little they know from exactly the same people who jerked us all around with inuendo and hushed declarations of inside knowledge.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Stevie Richards' post='287136' date='Jun 26 2006, 02:00 PM']Yeah really. I don't think he's been with the team since January.[/quote]
If you go back and watch some of the OTA video you'll see Odell (there's a clip that stands out where he high fives Chad when they cross paths moving from one field to another).

[quote name='Stevie Richards' post='287179' date='Jun 26 2006, 03:02 PM']C'mon now. Stevie Richards should be in the Wrestling Hall of Fame. That and I happend to had the chance of meeting him in Louisville one time a few years ago when he wrestled and I've been a big fan for a long time.[/quote]

you might wanna keep that to yourself buddy... :blink:

[quote name='Stevie Richards' post='287179' date='Jun 26 2006, 02:02 PM']C'mon now. Stevie Richards should be in the Wrestling Hall of Fame. That and I happend to had the chance of meeting him in Louisville one time a few years ago when he wrestled and I've been a big fan for a long time.[/quote]

Wrestling has a hall of fame? As actors they aren't any good, it's not a sport.. WTF.. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

I am glad I spent my 100th post making fun of WRASSSLIN

Guest BlackJesus
[b]I heard Odell raped Bigfoot .... or was it the Yeti [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] well that parts not important ... what is important is that he now will be sentenced to a Siberian Gulag where he will be forced to perform fellatio on Elvis while Tupac videotapes it[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='287298' date='Jun 26 2006, 09:03 PM'][b]I heard Odell raped Bigfoot .... or was it the Yeti [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] well that parts not important ... what is important is that he now will be sentenced to a Siberian Gulag where he will be forced to perform fellatio on Elvis while Tupac videotapes it[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/quote]
Isn't R.Kelly peeing on them all...I think I saw that one.

Guest Whodey420

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='287199' date='Jun 26 2006, 03:30 PM']Ok, that was weird. :)[/quote]

That's not near as weird as a grown ass man into pro or even amateur wrestling.
Might just creeps me out.

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='Whodey420' post='287318' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:13 PM']That's not near as weird as a grown ass man into pro or even amateur wrestling.
Might just creeps me out.[/quote]

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='mongoloido' post='287250' date='Jun 26 2006, 05:09 PM']Unfortunately, the "league observers" are the people here who started the rumor mess. Those PFT guys troll all the forums looking for tidbits to pass off as their own. They don't know anything more than the rest of us, and they heard what little they know from exactly the same people who jerked us all around with inuendo and hushed declarations of inside knowledge.[/quote]

For making fun of someone for using "hearsay and rumors" in their articles, I doubt your accusation is based on any known fact, just assumptions.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='287325' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:30 PM']For making fun of someone for using "hearsay and rumors" in their articles, I doubt your accusation is based on any known fact, just assumptions.[/quote]

You seem to have everything ass backwards. Jungle1 posted the quote, along with a note saying "Take it for what it is worth." I neither made fun of Jungle1, nor the pft guys. Second, if you are going to "" things like "hearsay and rumors," please make sure I actually used those words. Otherwise, you're misquoting. Third, since you've rubbed me the wrong way with misquotes, and assumptions I was making fun of people I was not, I'll let you know exactly what my "accusation" is based on (see how I correctly quoted you there? it's not that tough).

1) Go has made no secret that he regularly sees the IPs of the pft guys reading the forums. He also pointed out a large increase in hits from those IPs on the days in which the Odell threads were most active.

pft sniffs around all the major football forums, because so do players, coaches, and relatives of players and coaches. Inside information is always found on forums, particularly if you can figure out who to pay attention to. I don't always think much of pft's ability to connect the dots, but they certainly understand how to find the dots.

2) Their comment about rumors concerning Odell being "in hotter water than any of them" is almost a verbatim rip of the very first mention of Odell trouble on this site. I'd link you to the exact text, but it was deleted by the poster the same evening he started this whole mess.

Those are the facts I based my "accusation" on.

[quote name='Gary' post='287294' date='Jun 26 2006, 07:15 PM']Wrestling has a hall of fame? As actors they aren't any good, it's not a sport.. WTF.. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

I am glad I spent my 100th post making fun of WRASSSLIN[/quote]

Yeah, they actually do. It's no bigger of a joke that Baseballs Hall of Fame without Peter Edward Rose in it!

Pete Rose :bowdown:

With the latest PFT tid-bit of: "Odell being "in hotter water than any of them" is quite the hypocritical statement in and of itself.

Remember when all this stuff started and there was actually a large stroy on PFT about it...saying that he wasn't able to find anything out about Odell being suspended for the year. I believe he referenced his "insiders" there. Said FLAT OUT that the rumors were actually NOT true...

Now his insiders have suddenly changed their tune????

Guest schotzee
[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='287443' date='Jun 27 2006, 09:19 AM']With the latest PFT tid-bit of: "Odell being "in hotter water than any of them" is quite the hypocritical statement in and of itself.

Remember when all this stuff started and there was actually a large stroy on PFT about it...saying that he wasn't able to find anything out about Odell being suspended for the year. I believe he referenced his "insiders" there. Said FLAT OUT that the rumors were actually NOT true...

Now his insiders have suddenly changed their tune????[/quote]

I remember.They have 4 years of rumor archives.If I had time, I would like to go back and check the accuracy of how these rumors turned out.Anyway,not that its relevant necessarily,but if you do a google search and type football rumors,the first hit is PFT.Just FYI [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] .

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='schotzee' post='287455' date='Jun 27 2006, 09:43 AM']I remember.They have 4 years of rumor archives.If I had time, I would like to go back and check the accuracy of how these rumors turned out.Anyway,not that its relevant necessarily,but if you do a [b]google search and type football rumors,the first hit is PFT.Just FYI[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img] .[/quote]

and the first thing that pops up when you google [i]no helmet asshat[/i] is a Big Ben article. :D ain't google cool? :D :D

Guest schotzee

[quote name='mongoloido' post='287479' date='Jun 27 2006, 10:19 AM']and the first thing that pops up when you google [i]no helmet asshat[/i] is a Big Ben article. :D ain't google cool? :D :D[/quote]

:lol: You weren't kidding.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' post='287687' date='Jun 27 2006, 05:25 PM']Start a new thread with a new rumor and see if it shows up on pft...[/quote]

I bet it would, but only if one of our "insiders" started it. They can figure out who has inside information and who doesn't.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='287479' date='Jun 27 2006, 02:19 PM']and the first thing that pops up when you google [i]no helmet asshat[/i] is a Big Ben article. :D ain't google cool? :D :D[/quote]
so does no helmet bitch, google is god!

[quote name='Stevie Richards' post='287422' date='Jun 27 2006, 08:36 AM']Yeah, they actually do. It's no bigger of a joke that Baseballs Hall of Fame without Peter Edward Rose in it!

Pete Rose :bowdown:[/quote]
Exactly. Wrasslin' is not a sport and should only have a Hall of Sham as that is what it is. A sham!!

Where do they come up with this stuff..... :lmao:

[quote]My very reliable sources tell me:

1. Odell Thurman is banned from the WAFFLE HOUSE in Covington, Ky.

a. This is because he was a bit "physical" with his "girlfriend" in
Waffle House (he slapped her so hard he knocked her down)

b. Marvin Lewis was out looking for him that same night in
Covington.

c. I DO NOT KNOW if he was arrested but I know he is no longer
allowed in that Waffle House

d. Don't know if this has to do with his suspension but I would
think if he was arrested for this that it would warrant a
4 game suspension

e. How the heck was this kept out of the media???

-Scienceman[/quote]

[url="http://lance1360homer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6175"]http://lance1360homer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6175[/url]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//27.gif[/img]

[img]http://dxraptor.freehosting.net/dx%20logo.jpg[/img] :thumbsup:

You know, it's much ado about nothing until it hits Bengals.com or Enquirer.com, and coming from a local fan, I'm not buying anything.

Marvin was out looking for Odell in Covington?!?!??!!! Yeah fucking right. If Marvin kept his head low during Cheech Henry's situations, then I highly doubt Marvin is going to be rolling around Covington at 2 in the morning looking for Odell.

Just to add my completely super inside source thing to this unreliable thread...

*** THIS IS ALL ABSOLUTELY TRUE****

My aunt and uncle are huge Bengals fans from Park Hills, KY. They also happen to be very good friends with the crew that operates that Waffle House. They eat there every Sunday morning, even during the season. They are known fans, wear the gear, have season tix, etc... They've even given the tix to the workers down there when they cannot make it to a game.

I just saw them both yesterday at our fam's 4th of July party, and nobody said anything. We talked about the Bengals alot too... I'd guess if there was a Bengal acting up at the Awful Waffle, they'd have heard about it.

FYI, many Bengals come in and out of that Waffle House often. There are stories concerning that Waffle House and Bengals players, but they are all positive.

**** End of my "insider" attempt****

Guest Claptonrocks
Well if the players are acting like true gentlemen in the Waffle House Im of the opinon that all is well in Bengaldom after all...

Archived