Page 2 on ESPN

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snap/week16"]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snap/week16[/url]

They want to see more playing time for Kitna in 2005. I guess they think he's leaving Cincinnati in the offseason eh? I know when I was in Washington for the Bengals game, there was an article in the paper that mentioned he would be a good QB for them to pick up as a starter in the offseason.
Anyone think we will not keep Kitna? I think we'll keep him for the last year of his contract.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
I hope not, Carson does need him anymore and he sucks. Before I thought Kitna would be a good back-up but we don't need him at the money he's making, plus he is just average when he is playing at his best.

The Buffalo game brought back to many bad memories and I don't want to ever suffer through that kind of play from the qb position again. When Kitna is off, he is horrible, we can't have that. With the money we could save we could get a better back-up(Kurt Warner), let Bramlett play and get some defensive help.

I would cut Kitna, Hardy, and Thornton, they all make too much for the production we are getting from them. Moore, Smith, Aksew and another body would be good enough, maybe we could make a push for Shaun Rodgers if Detriot doesn't re-sign him.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 30 2004, 03:42 PM']I hope not, Carson does need him anymore and he sucks.
[right][post="31504"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Said the Michael Vick fan.

I think we should go after Sean Rogers full force. We should inform him before he signs with the Lions that we will give him a good payday.

Also, Corey Simon is more of a penetrating DT. Not a run stuffing DT in the middle that we need.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='wat' date='Dec 30 2004, 11:14 PM']I think we should go after Sean Rogers full force.  We should inform him before he signs with the Lions that we will give him a good payday. 

Also, Corey Simon is more of a penetrating DT.  Not a run stuffing DT in the middle that we need.
[right][post="31664"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

but he is going to get tagged, isnt he??

there's nothing we can do if that is the case... im sure marvin isnt going to give up a first and third round pick for him

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='Rudi05' date='Dec 31 2004, 02:22 AM']couldn't moving kitna make more cap room for rudi/tj signings?
[right][post="31737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I dont think kitna is going to get moved (although I would like to see it happenn)... especially with a backup who hasnt seen anything but a playbook and water-cooler at the game (casey bramlet)

kitna makes more than 2 million i think to be a backup... if that is true, that is too much, especially when there is so much invested into carson palmer...

i think if anyone is going to get moved (to make more cap room)... it will be kevin hardy... if he is cut by the bengals, i think he is going to have a hard time finding work (maybe he can play for cleveland, they need all the help they can get)

Archived