(Hypothetical) Bengals Ring Of Honor

imo Corey Dillon belongs (i know, he wasnt here for 10 years). A lot of people dont like him because of the way he went out, but he was the only thing that made this team worth watching for 6 years, that has to be worth something.

Outside of that, your list is fine.

If I was retiring numbers I'd have to retire 14, 7, 33, and 78. 33 is only personal. It looks really strange for me to see someone wearing the stripes with 33 on there without it saying Fulcher on the back. I really don't want to see #7 either.
MULLY

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='DontPushMe' post='319328' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:38 AM']imo Corey Dillon belongs (i know, he wasnt here for 10 years). A lot of people dont like him because of the way he went out, but he was the only thing that made this team worth watching for 6 years, that has to be worth something.

Outside of that, your list is fine.[/quote]

Corey should be honored with a picture of his face in every urinal in the stadium.

Most of you have way too many... This seems like a good start.

Ken Anderson
Anthony Munoz
Isaac Curtis
Bob Trumpy
Paul Brown
James Brooks
Corey Dillon

You can bitch all you want about Dillon, but he was the star of this team pretty much the entire time he was here. His games against Houston and Denver are legendary. He's a prick, but there's no denying what he meant to this team for most of his time in Cincinnati.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Utts' post='319334' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:51 AM']Most of you have way too many... This seems like a good start.

Ken Anderson
Anthony Munoz
Isaac Curtis
Bob Trumpy
Paul Brown
James Brooks
Corey Dillon

You can bitch all you want about Dillon, but he was the star of this team pretty much the entire time he was here. His games against Houston and Denver are legendary. He's a prick, but there's no denying what he meant to this team for most of his time in Cincinnati.[/quote]

Take away those two games and he was pretty average.

And if he (Dillon) was still on the team we'd still be backing him. I gotta agree that he kept interest in this team for a long time. When he would break for a run at least you thought we had a chance. He's a doucheface but no one can deny what he did.
MULLY

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319339' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:56 AM']Take away those two games and he was pretty average.[/quote]

First of all let me say, :lmao:.

Take him off the worst team in the NFL and he has a his best season ever. Coincidence? I think not.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='319344' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:06 AM']And if he (Dillon) was still on the team we'd still be backing him. I gotta agree that he kept interest in this team for a long time. When he would break for a run at least you thought we had a chance. He's a doucheface but no one can deny what he did.
MULLY[/quote]

I wanted him gone after his burger flipping comments before he signed his last contract. Rudi has already broken several of his records, and will most likely break all of them except the single game record before he's done. People still don't consider Rudi to be half the back that Dillon was though. Dillon's time here was filled with getting tackled for a loss and 50 yard games. Yes he could break one occasionally but he was inconsistant as hell. I know I know, 8 men in the box, shitty team around him, blah blah blah. Seems that Dillon, Takeo, Warrick, and Akili are excused because of the shitty team around them. I think their me first attitudes had a lot to do with the teams being shitty.

Good riddance to all of them.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319348' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:21 AM']I know I know, 8 men in the box, shitty team around him, blah blah blah.[/quote]

You're damn right, man. You are comparing apples to oranges. Rudi is on a balanced team. See what CD did in 2004, compare to all his previous years here.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Utts' post='319350' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:28 AM']You're damn right, man. You are comparing apples to oranges. Rudi is on a balanced team. See what CD did in 2004, compare to all his previous years here.[/quote]

You homers crack me up.

:265:

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Utts' post='319355' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:38 AM']Now you've done it. Take this!

[img]http://www.atomicarchive.com/Effects/Images/WE12.jpg[/img][/quote]

Hey, if I can't criticize former players on here without getting blasted, maybe this board isn't for me and I should just move on.

B)

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319358' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:45 AM']Hey, if I can't criticize former players on here without getting blasted, maybe this board isn't for me and I should just move on.
B)[/quote]

[img]http://trivialpursuits.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/cartman.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319348' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:21 AM']I wanted him gone after his burger flipping comments before he signed his last contract. Rudi has already broken several of his records, and will most likely break all of them except the single game record before he's done. People still don't consider Rudi to be half the back that Dillon was though. Dillon's time here was filled with getting tackled for a loss and 50 yard games. Yes he could break one occasionally but he was inconsistant as hell. I know I know, 8 men in the box, shitty team around him, blah blah blah. Seems that Dillon, Takeo, Warrick, and Akili are excused because of the shitty team around them. I think their me first attitudes had a lot to do with the teams being shitty.

Good riddance to all of them.[/quote]
Ive never heard anyone excuse Akili Smith, and Warrick was nothing special when the team did get turned around, but Dillon and Takeo are great players. This team would be a lot better had we kept Takeo and let Simmons walk, and yes, Corey would of put his records far out of Rudi's reach had he been able to play on teams like the 2005 one for his whole time here. Heck, had that been the case, Rudi probly wouldn't even exist. Or at least wouldnt be a bengal. He was nearly cut before the season that he came off the bench and got 900 yards.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319352' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:32 AM']You homers crack me up.
:265:[/quote]
Hes a homer for supporting a player who isnt currently a bengal? That doesnt make any sense.

Heres my ring of honor.......

Bo Orlando
Freddie Childress
Danny Query
David Klinger
Akili Smith
Ki-Jana Carter
Rod Jones
Louis Oliver
Tom Tummulty
Rod Payne
Steve Shine
John Copeland
Artrell Hawkins

because without these players, we would not have sucked for over a decade

and if we had not sucked for over a decade, Mike Brown would not have hired

Marvin, and we would not have Carson and we would not be the reigning AFC North

Champions.

and yes ive been drinking

You need to add the great Reggie Rembert. I saw that dude up in Wilmington, I think he may have been retarded - seriously.

[quote name='sneaky' post='319375' date='Aug 19 2006, 03:06 AM']Heres my ring of honor.......

Bo Orlando
Freddie Childress
Danny Query
David Klinger
Akili Smith
Ki-Jana Carter
Rod Jones
Louis Oliver
Tom Tummulty
Rod Payne
Steve Shine
John Copeland
Artrell Hawkins
because without these players, we would not have sucked for over a decade

and if we had not sucked for over a decade, Mike Brown would not have hired

Marvin, and we would have Carson and we would not be the reigning AFC North

Champions.
and yes ive been drinking[/quote]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='DontPushMe' post='319364' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:51 AM']Ive never heard anyone excuse Akili Smith, and Warrick was nothing special when the team did get turned around, but Dillon and Takeo are great players. This team would be a lot better had we kept Takeo and let Simmons walk, and yes, Corey would of put his records far out of Rudi's reach had he been able to play on teams like the 2005 one for his whole time here. Heck, had that been the case, Rudi probly wouldn't even exist. Or at least wouldnt be a bengal. He was nearly cut before the season that he came off the bench and got 900 yards.[/quote]

You're right about one thing, Warrick. If you've never heard anyone excuse Akili you must live in a cave, or be new to this whole internet thing.

Corey and Takeo are/were good players, not great. Their attitudes were tainted when Marvin arrived and they needed to go.

You're also right that Rudi might have never had a chance if Corey had stayed. Sports are full of stories like that. Lou Gherig, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, etcetera. There are thousands of them, what's your point?

[quote]Hes a homer for supporting a player who isnt currently a bengal? That doesnt make any sense.[/quote]

Detecting sarcasm isn't your strong point, is it?

Guest Claptonrocks
first six
Munoz
Bob Johnson
Ken Anderson
Boomer Esiason
Ken Riley
Isaac Curtis

next six
Tim Krumrie
Lemar Parrish
James Brooks
Bob Trumpy
Cris Collinsworth
Max Montoya

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319382' date='Aug 19 2006, 02:15 AM']You're right about one thing, Warrick. If you've never heard anyone excuse Akili you must live in a cave, or be new to this whole internet thing.

Corey and Takeo are/were good players, not great. Their attitudes were tainted when Marvin arrived and they needed to go.

You're also right that Rudi might have never had a chance if Corey had stayed. Sports are full of stories like that. Lou Gherig, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, etcetera. There are thousands of them, what's your point?
Detecting sarcasm isn't your strong point, is it?[/quote]
Ive been posting on bengals forums since Akili Smith was starting for this team. Ill admit ive heard some excuses for him, but rarely, and definitly not recently. If he had any NFL talent, he would have stuck with another team.

Takeo and Dillon ARE great players. Attitude has little to do with their ability, especially when they dont get suspended. They were both just sick of losing.

Not when its just reading text, no.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='319348' date='Aug 19 2006, 03:21 PM']I wanted him gone after his burger flipping comments before he signed his last contract. Rudi has already broken several of his records, and will most likely break all of them except the single game record before he's done. People still don't consider Rudi to be half the back that Dillon was though. Dillon's time here was filled with getting tackled for a loss and 50 yard games. Yes he could break one occasionally but he was inconsistant as hell. I know I know, 8 men in the box, shitty team around him, blah blah blah. Seems that Dillon, Takeo, Warrick, and Akili are excused because of the shitty team around them. I think their me first attitudes had a lot to do with the teams being shitty.

Good riddance to all of them.[/quote]

What was the burger flipping comment? I missed that one.
MULLY

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='DontPushMe' post='319395' date='Aug 19 2006, 04:29 AM']Ive been posting on bengals forums since Akili Smith was starting for this team. Ill admit ive heard some excuses for him, but rarely, and definitly not recently. If he had any NFL talent, he would have stuck with another team.[/quote]

I know you from huddles, and I know you've been posting there forever. That's why I didn't believe you've never heard people defend Akili. I still hear Akili being excused occasionally. Warrick was still excusing him a few weeks ago in an article. Most people have finally come to their senses.

[quote]Takeo and Dillon ARE great players. Attitude has little to do with their ability, especially when they dont get suspended. They were both just sick of losing.[/quote]

A better argument can be made for Dillon being great than Takeo. He did have two great games and Takeo didn't have any, but I still say without those two games Dillon was only good, not great. Of course he did have those two great games so I'm not taking them away from him. He was inconsistant, was tackled for a loss a lot, and had tons of sub par games, usually the bigger games. He was a pissy, selfish bastard his whole time here. He's still a pissy, selfish bastard, even after being traded to the best team in the league and winning a Super Bowl. He's a miserable human being who wants everyone around him to be miserable too. He was Carl Pickens part 2.

I don't get the "suspended" comment.

Of course they were sick of losing. Great players make the people around them better. Did they do that? Were they team first kind of guys?

[quote]Not when its just reading text, no.[/quote]

Utts has been complaining about people jumping on him when he says something that the more homeristic posters on the board don't like and he sometimes throws in the comment that if that's the way this board is, maybe he should move on. I was just throwing it back at him a little. Just a little humor.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='319398' date='Aug 19 2006, 04:56 AM']What was the burger flipping comment? I missed that one.
MULLY[/quote]

You're kidding, right?

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='319331' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:47 AM']If I was retiring numbers I'd have to retire 14, 7, 33, and 78. 33 is only personal. It looks really strange for me to see someone wearing the stripes with 33 on there without it saying Fulcher on the back. I really don't want to see #7 either.
MULLY[/quote]

Then don't look at Ken Meyer's jersy.

[quote]A better argument can be made for Dillon being great than Takeo. He did have two great games and Takeo didn't have any, but I still say without those two games Dillon was only good, not great. Of course he did have those two great games so I'm not taking them away from him. He was inconsistant, was tackled for a loss a lot, and had tons of sub par games, usually the bigger games. He was a pissy, selfish bastard his whole time here. He's still a pissy, selfish bastard, even after being traded to the best team in the league and winning a Super Bowl. He's a miserable human being who wants everyone around him to be miserable too. He was Carl Pickens part 2.

I don't get the "suspended" comment.

Of course they were sick of losing. Great players make the people around them better. Did they do that? Were they team first kind of guys?[/quote]

How long has Dillon been with the Patriots now?... they are a great team!!...is he breaking any
records there?......just askin.

I haven't heard anything except him bitching at the media.

typical McLeon. <_<

Archived