The ONLY thing that worries me about the Stealers....

We aren't that good at pressuring the opposing QB. Seems we always give them too much time, and hope they make a mistake. That is where our secondary comes in and gets their picks.

I think we should pressure toothlessberger as much as possible, and make him throw on the run. We all saw how bad he was against Jacksonville when pressured. Think our D-Line should step it up this week, and get some much needed pressure on the QB.

If we can do that I am picking us over Pitt 31-10, if not It will be closer to 31-28.

[quote name='Gary' post='347168' date='Sep 23 2006, 02:07 PM']We aren't that good at pressuring the opposing QB. Seems we always give them too much time, and hope they make a mistake. That is where our secondary comes in and gets their picks.

I think we should pressure toothlessberger as much as possible, and make him throw on the run. We all saw how bad he was against Jacksonville when pressured. Think our D-Line should step it up this week, and get some much needed pressure on the QB.

If we can do that I am picking us over Pitt 31-10, if not It will be closer to 31-28.[/quote]
Right now I am worried about wind and rain. The stealers are already one-demensional, the weather might make the Bengals one-demensional too. I don't want a low-scoring game, that's pissburgh's specialty. I want a shootout, the type of game the stealers are incapable of winning. I really believe that Marvin is looking to pass the ball to get the lead, probably out of the no-huddle, and then work the clock with rudi after you get the lead. But you need to get the lead first. And pissburgh will be much tougher if they can get an early lead too. That way they get to dictate the pace of the game, which means it would be slow as fuck.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='347176' date='Sep 23 2006, 02:19 PM']I thought Carson does well in the rain. TJ has sure hands as any in the nfl. The game will be 2 dimensional for the Bengals.[/quote]

I thought our D did a great job of pressuring Trent Green on a rainy day, ...hmm, ...my bad I guess.

Maybe I should go back and take a second look at that gameday thread.

Guest BengalBacker
If you guys watched the Bengals Weekly video Hobson has up, the trivia question at the end is pretty amazing. I've heard it before, but it's a pretty scary statistic.

Since Cowher has been there, they've only lost one game after having a 10 point lead. That was to us, I think they said in 01.

Of course that's because they've always been able to keep it on the ground after getting the lead, and good defense, which may not really be the case anymore. Still, it would seem to be very important not to let them get an early lead. That's true of every game you play, but seems to be particularly true of the stealers.

The only thing that worries me about this game is the refs. The squeelers are still the defending champs as well as the media darlings. You know that both Bill Coward and the crowd will try to intimidate the refs. If the game is close, all it will take is a couple of blown calls to determine the outcome.

I also expect that the refs will try to take control of the game early by calling roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, etc., to keep the players from killing each other. That should favor us since pissburgh has more dirty players than any team in the league (except Oakland, of course).

Guest BlackJesus
[b]The only things Bengals fans have to worry about tomorrow .... is the ones that attend the game should avoid the toilet seats in Catchup field .....

More crabs than red lobster on those bitches [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='347235' date='Sep 23 2006, 05:14 PM'][b]The only things Bengals fans have to worry about tomorrow .... is the ones that attend the game should avoid the toilet seats in Catchup field .....
More crabs than red lobster on those bitches [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/quote]

WORD.....

The rest of these worries are bullshit....
Have faith in CP and Co....
Get the negativity out of your minds.. Jesus

I have to admit I'm a little worried about the officiating as well. But it doesn't really matter, we'll dismantle them regardless.

[quote name='CTA513' post='347228' date='Sep 23 2006, 05:05 PM']With Pollack out, is there any chance Fanane or Rucker will be active for the game?[/quote]

Fanene is on PUP, thus he is a no-go.

Rucker is not listed on the injury report so I guess it's possible he could play. But our DEs are all healthy. Pollack plays linebacker.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='347311' date='Sep 23 2006, 06:22 PM']Fanene is on PUP, thus he is a no-go.

Rucker is not listed on the injury report so I guess it's possible he could play. But our DEs are all healthy. Pollack plays linebacker.[/quote]
Injuries make the inactive list pretty easy to figure. A. Brooks will surely be active since Miller would be the only backup LB available, if you think of Wilkins as only a special teams player.

Braham/Chatman/Jackson/Nicholson/Rucker/G. Brooks

[quote name='dex' post='347314' date='Sep 23 2006, 07:28 PM']Injuries make the inactive list pretty easy to figure. A. Brooks will surely be active since Miller would be the only backup LB available, if you think of Wilkins as only a special teams player.

Braham/Chatman/Jackson/Nicholson/Rucker/G. Brooks[/quote]

There's 8 inactive players per game.

Presumably the two you left out are Doug Johnson and Tab Perry.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='347316' date='Sep 23 2006, 06:30 PM']There's 8 inactive players per game.

Presumably the two you left out are Doug Johnson and Tab Perry.[/quote]
I forgot Perry, but Johnson as the 3rd QB is allowed to be active as the 46th guy.

Archived