Mr Ginn Jr

As I was so PO'd about the Bengals I thought I'd have a flick through some Buckeye stats. One player (besides a QB we don't need) clearly stood out. That lead to a quick visit to Youtube. Anyway, my question is this.

Is Ted Ginn Jr [i]reallly[/i] the player he looks in highlights? He's like the Road Runner on speed. Insane elusiveness and speed.

And assuming he is all that, what's the chances of him falling to us with 32nd pick? Or is he really a top 10 candidate.

Just wondering.

Ginn produces a lot of highlight film material, and he is developing into a more complete receiver. He has learned how to block, and his route running is getting better. When you get him in the open field, his speed is [b]insane[/b].

He may not be a Top 10 pick, but he will probably go in the 11 to 20 range if he comes out. He could stand to add a little size, and there are mixed reports as to whether or not he will come out.

He will not make it to 32, but if we don't improve our run D and pass blocking, we won't be picking 32.

Guest whodey 85

When it comes to the college WR's, 2 dudes that play right now that Id rather have than Ted Ginn as an NFL player are:

1. Calvin Johnson from GT-best, no argument

2. Sidney Rice from South Carolina-physical beast

I kno that doesnt answer ur question, but I want to see whut some Buckeyes fans say about that. ;)

[quote name='whodey 85' post='357324' date='Oct 2 2006, 01:16 PM']When it comes to the college WR's, 2 dudes that play right now that Id rather have than Ted Ginn as an NFL player are:

I kno that doesnt answer ur question, but I want to see whut some Buckeyes fans say about that. ;)[/quote]

I have not seen Rice play, but, yes, Calvin Johnson is probably the best WR in college. But he is a different kind of receiver than Ginn, and not as fast or elusive. But he is huge.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='Jason' post='357337' date='Oct 2 2006, 01:45 PM']I have not seen Rice play, but, yes, Calvin Johnson is probably the best WR in college. But he is a different kind of receiver than Ginn, and not as fast or elusive. But he is huge.[/quote]

Rice is built like Calvin Johnson.

Im more into taller guys who r just fast, than smaller guys who burn. Those r the guys who usually become better pros, but Ginn has a chance of bein a good WR in the NFL. He could become Steve Smith or Santana Moss, or become Peter Warrick, who knos.

[quote name='Jason' post='357120' date='Oct 2 2006, 08:49 AM']there are mixed reports as to whether or not he will come out.[/quote]
Word is, is that Ginn will more then likely come out...but they will replace him with a man named Brandon Saine...sick fast just like Ginn.

[quote name='whodey 85' post='357324' date='Oct 2 2006, 01:16 PM']When it comes to the college WR's, 2 dudes that play right now that Id rather have than Ted Ginn as an NFL player are:

I kno that doesnt answer ur question, but I want to see whut some Buckeyes fans say about that. ;)[/quote]

Calvin and Sidney are fucking monsters...better then Ginn no question.

[quote name='JC' post='357452' date='Oct 2 2006, 04:26 PM']Word is, is that Ginn will more then likely come out...but they will replace him with a man named Brandon Saine...sick fast just like Ginn.[/quote]

We'll see. That is still a few months off. Saine may be the incoming recruit, but the replacement in the lineup will probably be Robo-Receiver (Robiskie) or Hartline.

My concern next season is replacing Troy. If Boeckman or Schoenhoft step up next year this team could contend next season too. But one of them needs to start getting some semi-meaningful mop up time.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='whodey 85' post='357358' date='Oct 2 2006, 02:05 PM']Rice is built like Calvin Johnson.

Im more into taller guys who r just fast, than smaller guys who burn. Those r the guys who usually become better pros, but Ginn has a chance of bein a good WR in the NFL. He could become Steve Smith or Santana Moss, or become Peter Warrick, who knos.[/quote]

Even a Gamecock homer like me cannot put Rice over Johnson... Calvin is unbelievable, and imo will be the #1 overall pick. Sidney's struggled this year (though this has been largely due to QB play)... he doesn't quite have the speed and quickness of Johnson, though he can match his strength and leaping ability. I still think Sidney can go top 15-20 and is def a more polished receiver than Ginn, tho again less explosive. The WRs in this draft are incredibly deep.

1. Johnson
2. Rice
3. Ginn
4. Jarrett
5. A Gonzalez
6. Sweed
7. Samardzjia
8. Filani

all those guys and prob some I forgot have a chance of going in the 1st

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jason' post='357120' date='Oct 2 2006, 08:49 AM']Ginn produces a lot of highlight film material, and he is developing into a more complete receiver. He has learned how to block, and his route running is getting better. When you get him in the open field, his speed is [b]insane[/b].

He may not be a Top 10 pick, but he will probably go in the 11 to 20 range if he comes out. He could stand to add a little size, and there are mixed reports as to whether or not he will come out.

He will not make it to 32, but if we don't improve our run D and pass blocking, we won't be picking 32.[/quote]

honestly, Ginn has been reminding me a lot of like chad lately.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='357547' date='Oct 2 2006, 07:53 PM']Dont forget about Henton, Jason.

He is int he mold of Troy Smith, actually a better recruit then Troy outta highschool.[/quote]

I think Henton is a year or 2 away. Just because he is similar in style to Troy doesn't mean he is anywhere near as good, or ready.

Archived