Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco from taco bell, Nov 1st

Notorious

Guest Coy Bacon
I'm starting to hate Taco Bell. First of all, I don't want the drive-thru operator asking me how I am when I know good and well that they couldn't give a rat's ass how I am. It's just some shit to bump a response out of me. I just ignore it and start ordering, but it's irritating - and I really get annoyed if I forget and say something like "fine."

The other thing that really irritates me about Taco bell is that bullshit they pull about specifying that they have Pepsi products when I ask for a "Coke." The other night they did that and I told them, "Coke is a generic name for cola....If you want to sell this shi..........fuck it," and drove off. This little quest to force brand identity objectives down the consumers' throats deserves to be rewarded with defection from the cheesy-assed product. Don't trifle with me when I'm spending my nickles and dimes on your shitty product.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='372912' date='Oct 26 2006, 11:49 PM']The other thing that really irritates me about Taco bell is that bullshit they pull about specifying that they have Pepsi products when I ask for a "Coke." The other night they did that and I told them, "Coke is a generic name for cola....If you want to sell this shi..........fuck it," and drove off. This little quest to force brand identity objectives down the consumers' throats deserves to be rewarded with defection from the cheesy-assed product. Don't trifle with me when I'm spending my nickles and dimes on your shitty product.[/quote]
while i dont disagree with your points, i think that they i.d. their pop as pepsi so that they cant be sued for false advertising.

apparently coke hires people to drive up to places that serve pepsi products and order coke... how any of this shit makes sense is unknown to me

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='372912' date='Oct 26 2006, 11:49 PM']I'm starting to hate Taco Bell. First of all, I don't want the drive-thru operator asking me how I am when I know good and well that they couldn't give a rat's ass how I am. It's just some shit to bump a response out of me. I just ignore it and start ordering, but it's irritating - and I really get annoyed if I forget and say something like "fine."

The other thing that really irritates me about Taco bell is that bullshit they pull about specifying that they have Pepsi products when I ask for a "Coke." The other night they did that and I told them, "Coke is a generic name for cola....If you want to sell this shi..........fuck it," and drove off. This little quest to force brand identity objectives down the consumers' throats deserves to be rewarded with defection from the cheesy-assed product. Don't trifle with me when I'm spending my nickles and dimes on your shitty product.[/quote]

I work in a restaurant and you would be suprised how many people ask for a "Coke" and then change their mind when they find out that we have Pepsi products. You never hear anyone ask for a Pepsi.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='372912' date='Oct 26 2006, 11:49 PM']I'm starting to hate Taco Bell. First of all, I don't want the drive-thru operator asking me how I am when I know good and well that they couldn't give a rat's ass how I am. It's just some shit to bump a response out of me. I just ignore it and start ordering, but it's irritating - and I really get annoyed if I forget and say something like "fine."

The other thing that really irritates me about Taco bell is that bullshit they pull about specifying that they have Pepsi products when I ask for a "Coke." The other night they did that and I told them, "Coke is a generic name for cola....If you want to sell this shi..........fuck it," and drove off. This little quest to force brand identity objectives down the consumers' throats deserves to be rewarded with defection from the cheesy-assed product. Don't trifle with me when I'm spending my nickles and dimes on your shitty product.[/quote]

While I agree with what you say quite often on this forum......Christ man, it's just a taco. Let it go. lol

Guest Bengals1181

so in other words you hate them for acting like every other restaurant????

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='372947' date='Oct 27 2006, 03:16 AM']I work in a restaurant and you would be suprised how many people ask for a "Coke" and then change their mind when they find out that we have Pepsi products. You never hear anyone ask for a Pepsi.[/quote]
very true, if it is pepsi then i wont drink it. ill just get a moutain dew or sierra mist instead. Coke is good, Pepsi tastes like ass.

[quote name='Notorious' post='373010' date='Oct 27 2006, 09:19 AM']Coy in taco bell..

[img]http://pix.nofrag.com/3a/04/bd110e238512ca2d9848e6e17049.gif[/img][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='373117' date='Oct 27 2006, 12:03 PM']so in other words you hate them for acting like every other restaurant????[/quote]

Actually, they're pretty much the only one that I've noticed taking things as far as they do, and the particular things that they do are particularly annoying.

Oh......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There.

(WTF?)

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='372947' date='Oct 27 2006, 03:16 AM']I work in a restaurant and you would be suprised how many people ask for a "Coke" and then change their mind when they find out that we have Pepsi products. You never hear anyone ask for a Pepsi.[/quote]

Just give them the fucking Pepsi and to hell with it. Nobody wants to be bothered with all that silly shit when they're spending money.

I was at the gas station the other night and one of the girls behind the counter was bitching about the customers, saying that "the only customers that are cool are the ones that have worked in this business." I said, "They don't have to be cool when they're spending money." Naturally she didn't like that.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Notorious' post='373010' date='Oct 27 2006, 09:19 AM']Coy in taco bell..

[img]http://pix.nofrag.com/3a/04/bd110e238512ca2d9848e6e17049.gif[/img][/quote]

Maybe if I fell into a vat of flour.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='373451' date='Oct 27 2006, 10:43 PM']Maybe if I fell into a vat of flour.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

You ever hear about that kid who was adopted and had white parents. He was always made fun of at school for being black and having white parents and put toothpaste all over himself one morning. This just made me think of that.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='dieselman44' post='373502' date='Oct 28 2006, 01:48 AM']Maybe they tell you that they have pepsi products when you say "coke" because they want to make sure you like pepsi. Maybe if you prefer coke over pepsi and dont want to drink a pepsi then you would order a mountain dew.[/quote]

It's a waste of time. "Coke" is like "Thermos". They know what the hell you're asking for. Taco Bell is about the only place that I get that bullshit.

When I was a kid I called everything Coke, my mom sent me to the store and she ask me what I wanted so she could put it on the list, when I got to the store I got everything on the list except I wanted a yoo hoo chocalate as my "coke" and the old man working there wouldn't let me get it, he made me get exactly what was on the list :rant: I learned at that very instant that Coke was Coke and everything else wasn't and that I hate old people

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='373449' date='Oct 27 2006, 10:38 PM']Actually, they're pretty much the only one that I've noticed taking things as far as they do, and the particular things that they do are particularly annoying.
Oh......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There.
(WTF?)[/quote]

go into pretty much any restaurant or fast food place and they will greet you and ask you how you are doing. Umm, its call customer service.

Also, most places theses days if they carry Pepsi, will clarify it if you ask for a "coke".

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='373768' date='Oct 28 2006, 03:48 PM']It's a waste of time. "Coke" is like "Thermos". They know what the hell you're asking for. Taco Bell is about the only place that I get that bullshit.[/quote]

You must have gotten a bad taco sometime to worry about stupid shit like this. :lmao:

I kind of agree with Coy. When I roll through a drive-thru for any one of the usual suspects for fast food, I don't need a brand identity quantified for me. If I ask for a coke, I expect the response to be either "Would Pepsi be OK?" or no response, which means that even if they peddle Pepsi product, I'll get a cola.
I want to get some unhealthy food and drink, I want it fast and I want it hot. That's what I spend my money for in those corporate hellholes.
Unfortunatley, as Coy said, you often get what comes across as a lecture regarding their corporate alliances when you just want a brown pop and could give a shit about which flavor, since flavor itself is absent from all American fast food restaurants.
They taste so close anyway that it doesn't really matter.
Spare me.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Bunghole' post='373909' date='Oct 29 2006, 01:35 AM']I kind of agree with Coy. When I roll through a drive-thru for any one of the usual suspects for fast food, I don't need a brand identity quantified for me. If I ask for a coke, I expect the response to be either "Would Pepsi be OK?" or no response, which means that even if they peddle Pepsi product, I'll get a cola.
I want to get some unhealthy food and drink, I want it fast and I want it hot. That's what I spend my money for in those corporate hellholes.
Unfortunatley, as Coy said, you often get what comes across as a lecture regarding their corporate alliances when you just want a brown pop and could give a shit about which flavor, since flavor itself is absent from all American fast food restaurants.
Spare me.[/quote]

Damn, you're on a roll tonight. :D

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='373858' date='Oct 28 2006, 10:16 PM']go into pretty much any restaurant or fast food place and they will greet you and ask you how you are doing. Umm, its call customer service.

Also, most places theses days if they carry Pepsi, will clarify it if you ask for a "coke".[/quote]

Most restaurants greet you, but most don't ask you how you are doing, and to the extent that they do, it is an obtrusive move rather than friendly customer service. As a customer, I dont' really want to have to stop and answer extraneous questions, and it's obvious that the question is just a gimmick. The clerk doesn't give a flying fuck about how I am, and I don't really give a flying fuck about telling them. The customer oriented question would be something like, "How may I help you?" - get to the point. I didn't come to chit chat with you about my life; I came to order your crappy product. Having the clerk ask me how I'm doing is something designed to manipulate me, and it's far too obvious.

The Pepsi thing appears to be some kind of Pepsi marketing scheme - maybe not. Fuck Pepsi; if you wanted people to call your product by name, you should have been Coke. "Coke" is like "Water Pik" - the dental tech told me to get a "Water Pik" and then promptly recommended a brand other than Water Pik. I went to the store and told the clerk that I was looking for a "Water Pik" and when we got to the aisle I told him what brand I was looking for, and never once did I have to endure some silly-assed shit about it not actually being a "Water Pik". That's what I expect as a consumer; if I can't get it, you don't want my money.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bunghole' post='373909' date='Oct 29 2006, 12:35 AM']I kind of agree with Coy. When I roll through a drive-thru for any one of the usual suspects for fast food, I don't need a brand identity quantified for me. If I ask for a coke, I expect the response to be either "Would Pepsi be OK?" or no response, which means that even if they peddle Pepsi product, I'll get a cola.
Spare me.[/quote]

You feel me, dawg.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='375146' date='Oct 29 2006, 07:31 PM']Most restaurants greet you, but most don't ask you how you are doing, and to the extent that they do, it is an obtrusive move rather than friendly customer service. As a customer, I dont' really want to have to stop and answer extraneous questions, and it's obvious that the question is just a gimmick. The clerk doesn't give a flying fuck about how I am, and I don't really give a flying fuck about telling them. The customer oriented question would be something like, "How may I help you?" - get to the point. I didn't come to chit chat with you about my life; I came to order your crappy product. Having the clerk ask me how I'm doing is something designed to manipulate me, and it's far too obvious.

The Pepsi thing appears to be some kind of Pepsi marketing scheme - maybe not. Fuck Pepsi; if you wanted people to call your product by name, you should have been Coke. "Coke" is like "Water Pik" - the dental tech told me to get a "Water Pik" and then promptly recommended a brand other than Water Pik. I went to the store and told the clerk that I was looking for a "Water Pik" and when we got to the aisle I told him what brand I was looking for, and never once did I have to endure some silly-assed shit about it not actually being a "Water Pik". That's what I expect as a consumer; if I can't get it, you don't want my money.[/quote]

go to a restaurant that has coke products and order a pepsi... i garuntee you they will ask if coke is okay... every restaurant does it, its stupid to get pissed off about such a tiny thing. what happens if your allergic to pepsi and not coke (not sure if this is possible) you order a coke and they give you a pepsi, their asses get sued. don't bitch about it, its stupid

Archived