best movie ever?

Guest Matt_Six

Ok how did i forget just about ever harrison ford movie.. INdiana jones period... Start wars.. Han fuckin solo... shit these movies did define a generation.. What about the special effects in the original alien that was before its time.. there are so many good older movies.. .TIME BANDITS YEAH.. The adventures of baron muchhousin... haha any one seen Captain Ron??? or Get shorty??
GOod flicks

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jan 25 2005, 12:20 PM']I was a little disappointed in the Village...I WANTED there to be some crazy creatures out in those woods...not townsfolk dressed up as monsters...dammit....
Saw "The Forgotten" last night....pretty cool flick...
[right][post="39100"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Dammit man!

I haven't seen that yet! Next time warn before you post a plot spoiler!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jason' date='Jan 25 2005, 09:54 PM']Dammit man!

I haven't seen that yet!  Next time warn before you post a plot spoiler!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]
[right][post="39345"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Don't worry, he didn't spoil the whole thing. There's a lot more to the twist ending than just that.

My buddies and I always joke that we have about 30 movies each in our personal top 10. You guys have covered a lot of the newer films that I like too so let me lay some old school on you.

Cool Hand Luke – My all-time favorite, I nearly have all the dialog memorized. Other great Paul Newman movies include Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting.

Godfather I and II – Already mentioned but worth mentioning again. Godfather III was the suck.

John Wayne anything – My personal favorites are El Dorado, The Horse Soldiers, The Green Berets, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, The Sons of Katie Elder, Big Jake….you can’t go wrong with the Duke.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Animal House – Best comedies from the 70’s…throw Airplane! in there too.

Dr. Strangelove – Best Stanley Kubrick movie just ahead of Full Metal Jacket.

It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World – From the early 60’s, incredible cast, pound for pound one of the funniest movies of all time.

It’s a Wonderful Life – Jimmy Stewart is great and Donna Reed is smokin’ hot!

Patton – Doesn’t have the battle scenes and special effects like Private Ryan but George C. Scott is great. If you like Scott and Christmas, check out his version of Scrooge in A Christmas Carol (1984); the best version of the story, imho.

Dog Day Afternoon – Early Pacino, the entire movie revolves around a botched bank robbery…great character study.

Das Boot – The best 4 hour long German u-boat movie ever made. It’s worth the time invested.

There are others but that's enough for one post... :P

Archived