PEE-WEE FOOTBALL TEAM FACES RACIST FANS

Guest ONYX

[quote]HUDSON, Ohio - Teams in two Cleveland suburbs are quitting a youth football league because of racially insensitive actions by fans, coaches said.

Shaker Heights and Euclid planned to leave the North Coast Youth Football Conference after the championship game this weekend.

The president of the Hudson Hawks Youth Football Association, John Elffers, has apologized for fans who wore Afro wigs and painted their faces black at a playoff game Sunday. Shaker Heights coach Jeffrey Saffold said Hudson fans also used a racially offensive word during Sunday's game and at two other times.

Mac Stephens, the commissioner of Euclid's three teams, said they are pulling out of the league, partially because of the Hudson fans. But he said he's also unhappy with the league's board, of which he is a member, and its unresponsiveness to complaints about officiating.

"I had never seen the blackface or Afro wigs," Stephens said. "To be honest, I was a little surprised when I heard about it."

Elffers said in a written statement that the Hudson fans' actions were foolish and insensitive but not intended to insult or offend. He said Hudson's teams have played in the league for 15 years and have not received previous complaints about the costumes, even against other teams with black players.

Paul Samide, a Hudson fan, said they have worn black wigs and face paint for years because of the team's nickname, Black Hawks.

The league has 1,200 players ages 7 to 11 on 50 teams.

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15433672/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15433672/[/url][/quote]

[b]Watch the video as well.[/b]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='376397' date='Oct 31 2006, 01:42 PM']I cant believe people are this stupid....no wait yes I can.
This is the reason I dont think Obama really wouldnt have a honest chance at winning.[/quote]

Obama would be killed first, so would any other minority candidate.

[quote name='ONYX' post='376401' date='Oct 31 2006, 12:44 PM']Obama would be killed first, so would any other minority candidate.[/quote]

He is much more elequent than Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton ever was, so yeah I think the David Duke types would attempt that.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='376445' date='Oct 31 2006, 02:37 PM']please don't judge a race of people, by our worst examples....[/quote]

That is not the intent, the purpose is to reveal that racism, bigotry, and
disrespect for cultural differences still exists in America and it's not the
imagination of minorities as some try to make it out to be.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='sneaky' post='376448' date='Oct 31 2006, 01:43 PM']That is not the intent, the purpose is to reveal that racism, bigotry, and
disrespect for cultural differences still exists in America and it's not the
imagination of minorities as some try to make it out to be.[/quote]

sorry, i didn't mean this towards your main post... only the part about coy on your last post... no question there are some racist biggoted assholes (especially in cleveland :D ) and these guys fall into that category...

my only point is that not all white people think that way... you can either focus on the progress we have made, or the amount of hate that still exists... both are very true... its the ole' "glass half full vs glass half empty" arguement... don't get me wrong, as a white man it is much easier to focus solely on the progress and dismiss the racism that still surrounds me... and as a black man, it is probably much easier to focus on the hate instead of the progress that you have over your ancestors...

Guest bengalrick
i also want to add... if there is anyone on this board that doesn't believe that racism is a real problem in todays society, please say so on this thread... to believe that, you have to either be amish (not in normal society), extremely nieve, extremely racist yourself, or not understand what racism is...

This story is so disturbing on so many levels. The racial element is obvious but you
have a community of fans who wanted to taunt and psyche out a team of Pee-Wee
football players under the age of 12.

They claim they meant no harm but thats bullshit. I find it hard to believe that the
average white person does not think putting black or brown paint on their face while
wearing an afro wig would be offensive to blacks.

This was no innocent misunderstanding, this country has shed to much blood and has
too many scars for anyone to be that nieve.

No this was a sinister plan. This was a community who told a bunch of black children
playing their children, "Win or lose, you are still a nigger."

[quote name='ONYX' post='376458' date='Oct 31 2006, 02:16 PM']This story is so disturbing on so many levels. The racial element is obvious but you

[b]They claim they meant no harm but thats bullshit. I find it hard to believe that the
average white person does not think putting black or brown paint on their face while
wearing an afro wig would be offensive to blacks.[/b]

This was no innocent misunderstanding, this country has shed to much blood and has

No this was a sinister plan. This was a community who told a bunch of black children
playing their children, "Win or lose, you are still a nigger."[/quote]

Which is why I always found it odd that Ted Danson never got his ass kicked for that.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='376461' date='Oct 31 2006, 03:20 PM']Which is why I always found it odd that Ted Danson never got his ass kicked for that.[/quote]

I think shortly after that he was sleeping with Whoopi Goldburg. Most blacks as did I,
felt that this was sufficient punishment for his crime.

Guest fredtoast
If they were the Hudson Hawks the shouldn't they have been dressed up in Bruce Willis masks. Of course there probably still would have been a lot of snide "What you talkin 'bout, Willis?" comments.

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='bengalrick' post='376450' date='Oct 31 2006, 01:52 PM']sorry, i didn't mean this towards your main post... only the part about coy on your last post... no question there are some racist biggoted assholes (especially in cleveland :D ) and these guys fall into that category...

my only point is that not all white people think that way... you can either focus on the progress we have made, or the amount of hate that still exists... both are very true... its the ole' "glass half full vs glass half empty" arguement... don't get me wrong, as a white man it is much easier to focus solely on the progress and dismiss the racism that still surrounds me... and as a black man, it is probably much easier to focus on the hate instead of the progress that you have over your ancestors...[/quote]

If you don't see what a sorry patronizing fuck the above shows you to be, you're hopeless indeed.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='376680' date='Oct 31 2006, 08:21 PM']If you don't see what a sorry patronizing fuck the above shows you to be, you're hopeless indeed.[/quote]
I think that's a bit overstated and harsh.
He's simply saying that it's easier for white people to dismiss overt racism because in their experience, it really doesn't exist anymore, and then goes on to say that he can see how black people could interpret the exact same scenario as the opposite.
It didn't come off as patronizing to me...why did it to you?

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='sneaky' post='376458' date='Oct 31 2006, 02:16 PM']This story is so disturbing on so many levels. The racial element is obvious but you

They claim they meant no harm but thats bullshit. I find it hard to believe that the
wearing an afro wig would be offensive to blacks.

playing their children, "Win or lose, you are still a nigger."[/quote]

I don't find this particularly disturbing. Cleveland is full of people like this, and it's in the more progressive corner of the state, so no surprise there.

Then I consider the irony in one of the worst examples basically commanding us not to judge an entire "race" by their worst examples.

:blink:

Who said these people are the worst examples anyway? They're pretty run of the mill to me - not the best, but not the worst.

Is there actually something we gain by having our children play these people's kids anyway? Fuck 'em.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bunghole' post='376682' date='Oct 31 2006, 08:29 PM']I think that's a bit overstated and harsh.
He's simply saying that it's easier for white people to dismiss overt racism because in their experience, it really doesn't exist anymore, and then goes on to say that he can see how black people could interpret the exact same scenario as the opposite.
It didn't come off as patronizing to me...why did it to you?[/quote]

That's not exactly what he said.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='376680' date='Oct 31 2006, 08:21 PM']If you don't see what a sorry patronizing fuck the above shows you to be, you're hopeless indeed.[/quote]

your on crack..

bung hit it on the head... it is what i said... tell me how it wasn't... like when i said: [i]my only point is that not all white people think that way... you can either focus on the progress we have made, or the amount of hate that still exists... [b]both are very true[/b]... [/i] and i freely admitted that it is a hundred times easier for white people to focus on progress than it is black people... is this not true? is this not why you and i look at things differently in life? i haven't had to deal w/ racism at all, until about 3 years when i started talking on these forums... you have your whole life... i try to at least recognize the difference between you and I and figure out why they are there.. i can never fully understand, but all i can do is teach my children not to judge and not to hate... all i can change is that... i can't change what you think...

As a foreigner in Japan I know how it feels to be the "nigger" of the group. No matter how long I've been here I'm always going to be the outsider. You have no idea how many real estate places I went to before I found one that was willing to talk with me. Whatever racism existed in me when I was in America has totally gone out the door. MULLY

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='bengalrick' post='376858' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:47 AM']your on crack..

bung hit it on the head... it is what i said... tell me how it wasn't... like when i said: [i]my only point is that not all white people think that way... you can either focus on the progress we have made, or the amount of hate that still exists... [b]both are very true[/b]... [/i] and i freely admitted that it is a hundred times easier for white people to focus on progress than it is black people... is this not true? is this not why you and i look at things differently in life? i haven't had to deal w/ racism at all, until about 3 years when i started talking on these forums... you have your whole life... i try to at least recognize the difference between you and I and figure out why they are there.. i can never fully understand, but all i can do is teach my children not to judge and not to hate... all i can change is that... i can't change what you think...[/quote]

Well, well, well, my words confirmed. Mr. closet pointy-hat himself has weighed in with his own patronizing bullshit.

You're far more focused on making sure that black people tow the line in their opinions than the average, non-black-hating white person. Most of them are too busy living their own lives to try to tell us how to think.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't despise you because you're white. I despise you in particular because you're despicable.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='377684' date='Nov 2 2006, 10:56 PM']Well, well, well, my words confirmed. Mr. closet pointy-hat himself has weighed in with his own patronizing bullshit.

You're far more focused on making sure that black people tow the line in their opinions than the average, non-black-hating white person. Most of them are too busy living their own lives to try to tell us how to think.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't despise you because you're white. I despise you in particular because you're despicable.[/quote]

:blink:

tow what line? which black people even agree w/ my opinons on here, let alone tow my line? the fact that there are about 5 regular black posters in this area, and all go from leaning left to drawing the line on the left proves my point that about 90% of african americans vote democrat no matter what they do for them, or say....

i also want to point that i don't dispise you... i do, however, use you as an example of how not to act...

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='bengalrick' post='377862' date='Nov 3 2006, 12:34 PM']:blink:

tow what line? which black people even agree w/ my opinons on here, let alone tow my line? the fact that there are about 5 regular black posters in this area, and all go from leaning left to drawing the line on the left [b]proves my point that about 90% of african americans vote democrat no matter what they do for them, or say....[/b]

i also want to point that i don't dispise you... i do, however, use you as an example of how not to act...[/quote]

I'm sure that a similar number of blacks would drink water out of a toilet before they'd drink gasoline too. So what's your point?

I do despise you, and I also consider you a fitting example of how not to act. You're certainly not a credit to your race.

Archived