Where is Brock Gutierrez?

Why would you want to bring in a old player who couldn't crack the starting lineup in
Cincinnati during the dark ages, nor did he pan out in San Francisco or Detriot?

Ghuicec is not playing as bad as all his detractors make it out to be. Considering all
the factors at play, he is doing as well as can be expected.

[quote name='sneaky' post='377319' date='Nov 2 2006, 02:46 AM']Why would you want to bring in a old player who couldn't crack the starting lineup in
Cincinnati during the dark ages, nor did he pan out in San Francisco or Detriot?
Ghuicec is not playing as bad as all his detractors make it out to be. Considering all
the factors at play, he is doing as well as can be expected.[/quote]
Yea, after watching some other NFL games I noticed a lot of blitzers coming up the middle and other centers would let them go but guess what, the running back actually picked up the block like they were supposed to! I've seen Ghiaciuc let people go while not blocking anybody, which is on him, but in the game Sunday the only time I saw somebody blow past him it was because he was already blocking his assignment. Then the RB (Watson) wouldn't pick up the blitzer like he is told to do and then everybody blames Ghiaciuc for the pressure or sack. I actually noticed Ghiaciuc standing his man up and holding the pocket on several occasions so he is improving. I think we should still look for a stud in the draft but I'm starting to think it might not be the end of the world if he has to be our starter next year and beyond.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='377368' date='Nov 2 2006, 10:13 AM']I'm actually partial to Dave Rimington and his sweet perm.[/quote]

Where is Bob Johnson when you need him ????????

Seriously -------our TE's are very good blockers and we don't need two of them so---move Kelly to Center.

Better yet, move Willie to center and put Andrews at RT. Yeah---that would work best !!! :crazy:

I think ol' Brock is out of football -- I recall that he was cut in TC somewhere. Another Central Michigan Chippewa, I believe - like Ghiaciuc and Kieft. And Paul Alexander coached there, I think, so there's quite a "Bengal connection". Robert Jackson, #37 (safety) from years ago, went there, too.

I think EG has been better of late, so I look for continued improvement with experience.

Archived