There is Light at the end of the tunnel

1. The Bengals will probably pick towards the middle of the 1st round in next year's draft. Lower then previously expected by many I know, but it would mean a better chance at a decent draft pick.

2. The run defense has improved somewhat this year.

3. The pass defense is not great but isn't the worst in thye league. Ignore the stats, and look at the fact that we've had to play roughly half the top 10-12 offenses in the league this year.

4. Caleb Miller's rise from obscurity into a valuable member of the Bengals linebacking core, at MLB (should be starting over Simmons).

5. Our rookies have contributed well this year and have played at a high level. ie Jo-Jo, Peko, Whitworth, and Ethan Kilmer have all become valuable members of the squad. McNeal and Brazell will be next year.

6. Despite playing like shit in many games this year, The Bengals have only been blown away really in 2 games they lost - Pats and Colts. Moan all you want the team does manage to stay in games atleast.

7. Despite all of the league's toughest schedule, injuries, suspensions, off field issues etc, this team has continued to remain competitive throughout the year and in the playoff hunt.

8. cont. from 6. This team is now one of the deeper squads in the NFL, and that has shown this year. Heck The Bengals could still go 9-7, where lesser teams could capitulate into oblivion.

9. Because of injuries, many younger players have had more opportunities to come in and get valuable snaps have performed well and developed alot faster than we could have hoped.

10. It's probably going to be Tory's last game as a Bengal next Sunday (assuming they don't reach the playoff's). Thankyou God!!! :thumbsup:

11. Next year's schedule won't be as tough.

12. The team is still young and hasn't reached its full potiential. The team has lost some close games against equally good teams this year. But as the squad matures those types of losses will soon turn into wins. The team is still growing its backbone and is still a year or two away from greatness.

13. The Bengals will have plenty of money to spend in next year's free agency.

14. Ravens got alot of breaks this year, and Cowher probably won't be in charge of the stealers anymore. Bengals will DEFINITELY win the division next year, and go to the playoffs. :headbang

15. Palmer should be alot healthier next year, along with the offensive line, and the rest of the team in general. And with a full offseason OMFG! :headbang:

16. The team will be stronger from the ups and downs of this year, and better for it. (see 11.)

17. TJ got his 1000 yards. :thumbsup:

18. Jeremi Johnson, the leagues most underrated fullback, gets voted 1st alternate to this year's Pro Bowl. That means he is now regarded as the 2nd best FB in the AFC behind behind Lorenzo Neil. Props! :headbang: :headbang:

I WON'T MENTION ANY NEGATIVES. WE NEED TO MOVE ON AND LOOK AHEAD! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img]

Guest OzBengal
A brave attempt but I think the negatives far outweigh the positives. The main thing is we got Carson back but in the process we lost a whole bunch of talented guys who may never return. David Pollack and Odell Thurman. Chris Perry has a screw in his leg, his future must also be in doubt. Chris Henry will probably be out of the league by this time next year. Braham is finished. Steinbach and Smith are probably leaving. Tab Perry has a bad hip injury. Ahmad is still a pot head. Frostee Rucker could be in jail.

And we are one draft pick down.

[quote name='OzBengal' post='415736' date='Dec 26 2006, 09:21 AM']A brave attempt but I think the negatives far outway the positives. The main thing is we got Carson back but in the process we lost a whole bunch of talented guys who may never return. David Pollack and Odell Thurman. Chris Perry has a screw in his leg, his future must also be in doubt. Chris Henry will probably be out of the league by this time next year. Braham is finished. Steinbach and Smith are probably leaving. Tab Perry has a bad hip injury. Ahmad is still a pot head. Frostee Rucker could be in jail.

And we are one draft pick down.[/quote]

Ahmad Brooks basically red-shirted this year. Yeah, he played, but he barely contributed. The way I see it, they will have a guy with a year in the system next year from their 3rd round pick. And on what are you basing the statement that Ahmad is still a pothead? I have heard nothing about a failed test.

At this point I expect Chris Henry back next year. He may miss some games depending upon how his remaining legal issues pan out, but he actually played hard Sunday. Hopefully the kid is finally getting it.

Tab Perry's injury isn't as severe as was originally thought, and he will be back next season.

Granted, David, Odell and Chris Perry are question marks right now, but I think we have at least adequate replacements for each of them.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='OzBengal' post='415736' date='Dec 26 2006, 09:21 AM']A brave attempt but I think the negatives far outweigh the positives. The main thing is we got Carson back but in the process we lost a whole bunch of talented guys who may never return. David Pollack and Odell Thurman. Chris Perry has a screw in his leg, his future must also be in doubt. Chris Henry will probably be out of the league by this time next year. Braham is finished. Steinbach and Smith are probably leaving. Tab Perry has a bad hip injury. Ahmad is still a pot head. Frostee Rucker could be in jail.

And we are one draft pick down.[/quote]

did you really need to drag negatives into this thread?

I think Justin will get franchised, and I don't think Steinbach will be that big of a loss. Henry and Braham will both be back as well, along with Tab Perry who could have been back 3 weeks ago had they not IR'ed him.

Try not to be so negative. :onoudidnt:

brooks is not a pot head, he played in the denver game. he has played in all games just about, he is playing on special teams.

I still believe that he will and should be our MLB next year. Give him some time, and a camp under his belt.

I have High high hopes for him.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='415815' date='Dec 26 2006, 11:10 AM']Another positive is that eventually they are gonna have to start over on counting the amount of arrests in one season because it is going to be a new season. And there is no way we will top 8 next season. Or can we?[/quote]
Of course we can!!! Think positive, dammit!!! ;)

Archived