#1 Offseason Goal...

Our #1 offseason goal should be 0, i repeat, 0 Arrests. The nfl wasnt gonna let us win this year with the amount of arrests we had. If we get clean this offseason it will make for a good story next year about how when we have all sorts of arrests we have a down year and probably dont make the playoffs, and then marvin starts disciplining harder we have 0 arrests and win the SuperBowl.

Also, no matter how bad we played this year, if we miss the playoffs you can blame it on the Roughing the passer call in the TB game.

[img]http://www.geo.msu.edu/geo333/images/slide1-Y-sugarbeets.JPEG[/img] [img]http://www.worldclothing.net/vintage/Coats/DUFFLE%20COAT-b.jpg[/img]

The bad call in Tampa should have made zero difference since we should not have been in that close of a game to begin with. Quitting with a big lead against the Chargers didn't help, and not focusing in Denver was no help either.

I do appreciate your positive outlook, and I agree with the zero arrest idea, but the league wasn't out to get us, even though it seemed like it.

1st of all it doesnt matter if we should have blown out TB, you can have bad games and still get wins especially against weaker teams. We were in position to do that but the roughing call cost us the game. Did we play great in the 23-20 win over the browns last year? No we played terrible, but we still got the W.

Why is it so hard to believe that the Nfl doesnt want a team of drunks like the bengals to make the playoffs? Can you name 5 times this season where a very close crutial call has gone our way? Cant do it? Well name 5 times that it has gone against us...oh I can name like 8 at least.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='415818' date='Dec 26 2006, 11:14 AM']1st of all it doesnt matter if we should have blown out TB, you can have bad games and still get wins especially against weaker teams. We were in position to do that but the roughing call cost us the game. Did we play great in the 23-20 win over the browns last year? No we played terrible, but we still got the W.

Why is it so hard to believe that the Nfl doesnt want a team of drunks like the bengals to make the playoffs? Can you name 5 times this season where a very close crutial call has gone our way? Cant do it? Well name 5 times that it has gone against us...oh I can name like 8 at least.[/quote]

I can also name two games off the top of my head where we lost games due to apparent drunkenness ON the field. Hold on...the Chargers just scored on us...AGAIN. Look, I don't want to argue with you since you'have an extremely optimistic / glass half full outlook, which I genuinely appreciate. I just choose to look at the fact that we [i]probably[/i] won't make the playoffs due to our own ineptness...not some secret society of Bengals haters at the league office making covert phonecalls to Ed Hochuli, Mike Carey, etc... telling them to blow their credibility just so the evil Bengals fail. I guess I'll just agree to disagree.

But the NFL let a murderer be MVP in 2000.

Oh, the NFL and those damn turnover chips they put in CJ, Rudi and Palmer's special interception throwing/can't hit the broad sie of a barn chip and of course the long snap misdirecter they put in for the Denver game.

Maybe it has more to do with the Bengals not being a ready for the play-offs since they haven't beaten any good teams besides Baltimore. New Orleans doesn't count since even the stealers beat them.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the bitter truth is that they didn't do the things that Super Bowl caliber teams do to win. They had the wild card handed to them and even had the ball spotted for them inside the 5 on the opening drive and they didn't get it done.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the non-elimination Gods shine on us and we squeek into the play-offs and start over and play these tough teams again and beat them as we are capable of doing. It's a long shot so if need be, I'll just settle for a New Year's Eve ass-pounding of the stealers and look forward to next year.

[quote name='Hooky' post='415828' date='Dec 26 2006, 12:31 PM']But the NFL let a murderer be MVP in 2000.

Oh, the NFL and those damn turnover chips they put in CJ, Rudi and Palmer's special interception throwing/can't hit the broad sie of a barn chip and of course the long snap misdirecter they put in for the Denver game.

Maybe it has more to do with the Bengals not being a ready for the play-offs since they haven't beaten any good teams besides Baltimore. New Orleans doesn't count since even the stealers beat them.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the bitter truth is that they didn't do the things that Super Bowl caliber teams do to win. They had the wild card handed to them and even had the ball spotted for them inside the 5 on the opening drive and they didn't get it done.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the non-elimination Gods shine on us and we squeek into the play-offs and start over and play these tough teams again and beat them as we are capable of doing. It's a long shot so if need be, I'll just settle for a New Year's Eve ass-pounding of the stealers and look forward to next year.[/quote]

The Refs can only do so much...If we would have played well in big games we would be in the playoffs no doubt no matter how much the NFL didnt want us in. That doesnt mean that the refs didnt make close calls go in the other teams favor because they didnt want us to win.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='415837' date='Dec 26 2006, 11:45 AM']The Refs can only do so much...If we would have played well in big games we would be in the playoffs no doubt no matter how much the NFL didnt want us in. That doesnt mean that the refs didnt make close calls go in the other teams favor because they didnt want us to win.[/quote]
You know it's o.k. to be critical of a team you love, right? You're grasping with the ref/conspiracy thing. We sucked at times, and that's why you and I are having this conversation right now. That's all.

Im not saying we have played great all year and deserve to go to the superbowl...but there are many other teams in the NFL that are gonna get a chance that dont deserve to be in the playoffs (example: Jets, Broncos perhaps, 2 NFC teams)

Ill ask you this again, can you name 5 times a close call in the clutch has gone our way?

I can name a bunch that havent, Ill start with the personal foul on KK against the Pats, Roughing the passer against the Bucs, blatant holding on Vicks 3rd down scramble that got them a big td or fg or something, no PI in the first ravens game, very ticky tack fouls against the broncos that seeemed to only be called against us, blatant bad marks in the colts game that if you re-watch you will know what im talking about...

those are just in games we lost, im sure there are more in games we won

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='415818' date='Dec 26 2006, 12:14 PM']1st of all it doesnt matter if we should have blown out TB, you can have bad games and still get wins especially against weaker teams. We were in position to do that but the roughing call cost us the game. Did we play great in the 23-20 win over the browns last year? No we played terrible, but we still got the W.

Why is it so hard to believe that the Nfl doesnt want a team of drunks like the bengals to make the playoffs? Can you name 5 times this season where a very close crutial call has gone our way? Cant do it? Well name 5 times that it has gone against us...oh I can name like 8 at least.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guess the NFL hates the Chargers too.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='415846' date='Dec 26 2006, 12:59 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guess the NFL hates the Chargers too.[/quote]

How much more does the media bash the Bengals arrests then the Chargers arrests? Nobody in the media bashes the chargers like they do the bengals, so therefore it doesnt hurt the NFL if the chargers win the superbowl.

[quote name='Tiger Stripes' post='415851' date='Dec 26 2006, 01:04 PM']the bengals dont deserve to go to the playoffs this year[/quote]

Yeah but the Jets/Giants/Eagles/what ever other crappy nfc teams do

That is the biggest bullshit comment that is really starting to piss me off around here...if we fall in the 6th seed how can you say we dont deserve to make the playoffs?

well, i still believe this a little.

everyone says the 2000 ravens had a murderer,..i am not sure so correct me if im wrong but i think that did not happen till the superbowl, or shortly there after?

any way the 8 arrest we have had has caused goodell to come and talk to us, then get phone calls. the one thing goodell wants is IMAGE. he is big on a positive image. I have watched a few of his interviews and image always comes up. u have to understand that he has to make a name for himself. the NFL is running good and there is not much for him to do. I believe this will be his legacy,..a real hard core dont mess up or i will suspend u commisioner.

my point is I think he would rather NOT see the bengals make the playoffs. and yes I believe the refs made some calls based on the fact that they dont want us in the playoffs.

for example, just one game. The denver game. now granted other things lost the game for us..turnovers etc...but for my point;
the illegal shift?..come on I watched the replay, yea maybe someone farted and they called it, but that call is called like 5 times the entire season. I saw several holds that were never called on the denver offense, that stopped a few sacks. The biggest one was the call on brooks during the on sides kick. I watched it over and over. there is no way u can call that. people are moving and they call him over by like an inch..my point is. they call things that they might let "go" on other games with other teams. If you all think a ref cannot change the out come of a game then u all sadly mistaken.

the best games are when u never see a zebra, but i do think that they called more calls on us that would not have been called if we werent in the news with 8 arrest.

food for thought

Guest Claptonrocks
The NFL probably doesnt like the Bengals and all thier misfits but thats not the reason this team didnt (wont) make the playoffs..
Woulda Coulda Shoulda games .. shit all teams have them.
They didnt get it done when the games were on the line (Colts, Broncos)
and have noone to blame but themselves..

There was something going on this year, there are tons of blatent calls and no calls which always seem to benefit the other team. Corporations always bend their rules to benefit themselves monetarily or otherwise. Why would you be so naive to think the NFL is better than that? And the refs only credibility is with the NFL, no one else governs them. If they dont do what the NFL wants, right or wrong, they are fired. The fix has been in.

Guest Claptonrocks

[quote name='big_dish' post='415889' date='Dec 26 2006, 05:03 PM']There was something going on this year, there are tons of blatent calls and no calls which always seem to benefit the other team. Corporations always bend their rules to benefit themselves monetarily or otherwise. Why would you be so naive to think the NFL is better than that? And the refs only credibility is with the NFL, no one else governs them. If they dont do what the NFL wants, right or wrong, they are fired. The fix has been in.[/quote]
:1violin: quit cryin....

Archived