OFFICIAL OHIO STATE BUCKEYES BASKETBALL THREAD

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='427772' date='Jan 16 2007, 12:52 PM']WDF, quit sucking ohio states dick![/quote]
nah bro its to big

:ninja:

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='427792' date='Jan 16 2007, 01:08 PM']i ran into twig, othello, and oden the other night at the bar and honestly they all look like they weigh 200 pounds max. i know tv makes it look like theyre all 275... but then again, what do i know?[/quote]
Haha....i remember seeing terwil playing down here in troy...damn it's been awhile.

Terwilleger didn't seem big when i saw him live either.

I do think Ohio State has top five caliber talent, but they play stupid and they play young. I don't see them doing much of note this season or in the tournament... and when they lose Oden after this year, it'll be back to mediocrity.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='TDB' post='430363' date='Jan 21 2007, 07:13 AM']I do think Ohio State has top five caliber talent, but they play stupid and they play young. I don't see them doing much of note this season or in the tournament... and when they lose Oden after this year, it'll be back to mediocrity.[/quote]
Oden will stay. Write it down.

Guest IndianaBengal

[quote name='TDB' post='430363' date='Jan 21 2007, 07:13 AM']I do think Ohio State has top five caliber talent, but they play stupid and they play young. I don't see them doing much of note this season or in the tournament... and when they lose Oden after this year, it'll be back to mediocrity.[/quote]

You are so right on!!

You are so right onnnnnnnnnn, brother..

And if you OSU buckeyes had to go to Assembly hall in Bloomington, IN, we would even the score.. Luckily for you, you don't have to go on the road and face the Hoosiers at IN.

Can you say, Eric Gordon???? :bowdown: #1 shooting guard in the country, heading for bloomington for the '07 season. :bowdown:

If they do lose Oden, they are expected to get another 7 footer next season. I think that Oden stays if the Buckeyes don't win a National Championship this season and his right hand still not 100%. I think the desire and hunger will be there to stick it out one more season to accomplish the National Title goal.

Tonights game at Purdue could be a trap game for OSU but they rightfully so favored to win the game but only by 3 pts. Purdue is 12-0 at home and 0 fer everything on the road. Purdue is very undersized but has two good scorers in Teague and Landry. I do believe Purdue can win this game, but they will need to prevent Mr. Oden from getting too many easy baskets. I'm hoping Purdue can ride that home court advantage to a huge win as right now they are on the bubble for the NCAA tournament...that and they can't seem to win a game outside of Mackey either. <_< These two teams will also meet on 2/10 in Columbus but I think OSU will win that one...guess we'll see how it goes tonight...should be a good one :)

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='435172' date='Jan 31 2007, 01:26 PM']Tonights game at Purdue could be a trap game for OSU but they rightfully so favored to win the game but only by 3 pts. Purdue is 12-0 at home and 0 fer everything on the road. Purdue is very undersized but has two good scorers in Teague and Landry. I do believe Purdue can win this game, but they will need to prevent Mr. Oden from getting too many easy baskets. I'm hoping Purdue can ride that home court advantage to a huge win as right now they are on the bubble for the NCAA tournament...that and they can't seem to win a game outside of Mackey either. <_< These two teams will also meet on 2/10 in Columbus but I think OSU will win that one...guess we'll see how it goes tonight...should be a good one :)[/quote]

Good luck. You'll defintaly need it :thumbsup:

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='435230' date='Jan 31 2007, 02:39 PM']Good luck. You'll defintaly need it :thumbsup:[/quote]

No doubt OSU is a top 5 team. Purdue did almost win at Wisconsin earlier this season so I think they can run with the big boys. I am hoping the home court carries them tonight. This would be a huge win for Purdue if they can get it in terms of making the NCAA tourney. I'll be back win or lose :afropic:

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='435320' date='Jan 31 2007, 04:34 PM']No doubt OSU is a top 5 team. Purdue did almost win at Wisconsin earlier this season so I think they can run with the big boys. I am hoping the home court carries them tonight. This would be a huge win for Purdue if they can get it in terms of making the NCAA tourney. I'll be back win or lose :afropic:[/quote]
I was just messin with ya. Nice to see a TRUE fan though :thumbsup:

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='435324' date='Jan 31 2007, 04:39 PM']I was just messin with ya. Nice to see a TRUE fan though :thumbsup:[/quote]

Yeah man, I graduated from Purdue in 2005 and during my 4 years there they only made one NCAA tourney and one NIT tourney and they only won 1 game combined in both of those :(. I was there during Keady's last years and boy we sucked. Last year was about as bad as it got as they only won 9 games. This year I'm happy they are improving and I still think they are another year or two away from contending in the B10. Painter is doing a great job, and he's got some good recruits coming in next year.

As for last night...I was upset that when Purdue cut that lead to 5 with about 10-11 minutes to go that they then proceeded to shoot about 4 3's in a row, miss all of them, and OSU then got back up 13...after that it was pretty much over. Oh well...picked a bad night to shoot poorly but that's basketball, OSU deserved it. Hopefully they can be competitive when they travel to C'bus on the 10th and not lose by 18 like last night. Now onto PSU and hopefully they can win a road game for the first time since 2004! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img]

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='435612' date='Feb 1 2007, 09:28 AM']Yeah man, I graduated from Purdue in 2005 and during my 4 years there they only made one NCAA tourney and one NIT tourney and they only won 1 game combined in both of those :( . I was there during Keady's last years and boy we sucked. Last year was about as bad as it got as they only won 9 games. This year I'm happy they are improving and I still think they are another year or two away from contending in the B10. Painter is doing a great job, and he's got some good recruits coming in next year.

As for last night...I was upset that when Purdue cut that lead to 5 with about 10-11 minutes to go that they then proceeded to shoot about 4 3's in a row, miss all of them, and OSU then got back up 13...after that it was pretty much over. Oh well...picked a bad night to shoot poorly but that's basketball, OSU deserved it. Hopefully they can be competitive when they travel to C'bus on the 10th and not lose by 18 like last night. Now onto PSU and hopefully they can win a road game for the first time since 2004! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img][/quote]
Yep.Good game :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='445573' date='Feb 25 2007, 09:34 PM']Brian Butch just broke his elbow (it was disgusting looking). Wisconsin is now done for the year.[/quote]
Was that the confirmed injury? It looked as though they were initially trying to put it back into place as if it was dislocated...

But either way, you are damn right, it was disgusting as can be to watch.

Guest oldschooler

I had to watch yesterday`s game with a house full of people rooting for Wisconsin.

After the game was over, I just, pumped my fist, yelled "YES !" and left the room...

:headbang:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='445885' date='Feb 26 2007, 03:26 PM']I had to watch yesterday`s game with a house full of people rooting for Wisconsin.

After the game was over, I just, pumped my fist, yelled "YES !" and left the room...
:headbang:[/quote]
It was the first game I'd watched this year, and the whole time, I kept hoping you would have a reason to be happy up there in Wussconsin :D

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='445602' date='Feb 25 2007, 05:39 PM']Was that the confirmed injury? It looked as though they were initially trying to put it back into place as if it was dislocated...

But either way, you are damn right, it was disgusting as can be to watch.[/quote]
i havent seen an official report, but man he dislocated that shit. it was gross and he is a big boy and was screaming like a bitch so u know it was real fucked up. they would have won if they had him. considering how close the game was, i expected them to get blown out once he got injured.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='446096' date='Feb 26 2007, 09:16 PM']i havent seen an official report, but man he dislocated that shit. it was gross and he is a big boy and was screaming like a bitch so u know it was real fucked up. they would have won if they had him. considering how close the game was, i expected them to get blown out once he got injured.[/quote]
it sure looked fuckin nasty, whatever the hell it was.

my first college game this year. surely i was not disappointed with the outcome, but i was definitely impressed with wussconsin. good group of players over there.

Archived