Briggs and Samual tagged...

spicoli22

Not at all surprising.

I suspect that'll happen with Adalius Thomas also -- and there will be others, too. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jared Allen and Charles Grant get tagged, along with Freeney, if long-term deals with those guys aren't in place. And I saw where ol' Marv Levy in Buffalo was talking about Nate Clements, and saying that he hoped that they could still do a deal with him.

With very limited exceptions, teams don't let their best players go to FA... so if they can't get a long-term deal before FA starts, they use the tags. That's what they're for.

I think Freeny and Thomas and probably Grant will get tagged, and that means that the guys who actually are FA are going to get even more money then before since all the main guys are tagged. Teams who where crappy this year are really going to feel the pressure to spend all their cap money and win now.

[quote name='Patmo' post='442321' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:11 PM']Clements won't be tagged.Rarely do I believe in spending a bundle for a free agent.In Clements case,I do whatever was necessary unless it got absolutely nuts.[/quote]

I don't think he'll get tagged, either. He's already been that route. But I do think that until the very end, the Bills will be looking for ways to keep him, because he's a top-end talent.

If he does go to FA, he'll get insane money. The Bengals won't be in the race.

[quote name='texbengal' post='442330' date='Feb 17 2007, 01:46 PM']I don't think he'll get tagged, either. He's already been that route. But I do think that until the very end, the Bills will be looking for ways to keep him, because he's a top-end talent.

If he does go to FA, he'll get insane money. The Bengals won't be in the race.[/quote]
[b]Buffalo has already said that they won't tag him since they did last year. He is gone most probably to San Francisco who is 38 million $$$ under the cap. The Niners are also going sfter Adalius Thomas since they have the most $$ to spend[/b]

[quote name='texbengal' post='442330' date='Feb 17 2007, 01:46 PM']I don't think he'll get tagged, either. He's already been that route. But I do think that until the very end, the Bills will be looking for ways to keep him, because he's a top-end talent.

If he does go to FA, he'll get insane money. The Bengals won't be in the race.[/quote]

Unfortunately,Tex.I think that you're right.

Archived