How could we get a 3rd round pick this year?

Guest oldschooler

We could get Henry to trade some weed for one.

Or maybe we could get Nicholson to break in and steal one.

Or how bout we get Rucker to smack a bitch til she gives us one.

Or we could have (insert DUI player here) blow a 0.3rd rounder in the breathlyzer....

Or we could just be happy that this year`s 3rd round pick has been with the team for almost
8 months and has 1st round talent ?

:ninja:

It would be nice to get another one though...

I would be al lfor trading JS, if we can get good value in the draft, or even trading down in the 1st, if the player we want will be available later.

I like Justin, and he has always givin %110, but at this point, I wonder if his contract value is getting heavier than his field value.

If we get another draft pick, then that's someone else that needs to be paid out of the Bengals' precious Rookie Pool that they won't touch...the "sky is falling" articles from Hobby would be unbearable.

Like oldschooler said, it's not a lost pick (Brooks) and this way he has a lot more experience than someone drafted this April.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='453227' date='Mar 8 2007, 03:46 PM']If we get another draft pick, then that's someone else that needs to be paid out of the Bengals' precious Rookie Pool that they won't touch...the "sky is falling" articles from Hobby would be unbearable.
Like oldschooler said, it's not a lost pick (Brooks) and this way he has a lot more experience than someone drafted this April.[/quote]
Agree completely. I'd It's just like we're drafting Brooks this year. But that kills the point of the thread... ;)

Get in contact with Doc Brown, fix the flux capacator, and travel all the way back to the 2006 supplimental draft and do nothing. I myself prefer to have Brooks at this point though.

[img]http://www.delorean-dmc12.co.uk/pages/back_to_the_future/bttf16.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lucid' post='453162' date='Mar 8 2007, 09:00 AM']I like Justin, and he has always givin %110, but at this point, I wonder if his contract value is getting heavier than his field value.[/quote]

i guess the best way to answer that is to look around the league at the signings this year. obviously this is the way the league's going, no matter how hard it is to accept (for all of us). with steiny getting7M/yr....porter getting7M/yr....kelsay getting 5.75M/yr.... kernay getting 6.58M/yr.....dan graham getting 6M/yr and clements getting 10M/yr it resets the playing field and justin's 8.6M tender starts to not look so bad. it's like bobby dylan once sang..."these times, they are a changin". we better get used to it.

[quote name='bengaled' post='453316' date='Mar 8 2007, 12:12 PM']i guess the best way to answer that is to look around the league at the signings this year. obviously this is the way the league's going, no matter how hard it is to accept (for all of us). with steiny getting7M/yr....porter getting7M/yr....kelsay getting 5.75M/yr.... kernay getting 6.58M/yr.....dan graham getting 6M/yr and clements getting 10M/yr it resets the playing field and justin's 8.6M tender starts to not look so bad. it's like bobby dylan once sang..."these times, they are a changin". we better get used to it.[/quote]

I still firmly believe that the salary explosion this off season has been artificially driven by the market conditions. The cap was raised tremendously by allocating previously unshared revenue into the CBA. The FA pool is thin and some teams have a glutten of money.. I think we will see salaries balance out some next year.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='453160' date='Mar 8 2007, 08:56 AM']We could get Henry to trade some weed for one.

Or maybe we could get Nicholson to break in and steal one.
Or how bout we get Rucker to smack a bitch til she gives us one.

Or we could have (insert DUI player here) blow a 0.3rd rounder in the breathlyzer....
Or we could just be happy that this year`s 3rd round pick has been with the team for almost
8 months and has 1st round talent ?
:ninja:[/quote]

:lol:

Archived