Windows 95 Games

Guest steggyD
You more than likely will have issues. I had to give up a couple games for good ol' XP. Sometimes you can find some user-made patches out there, from the geeks who just couldn't give up the ol' games for XP.

Guest Tigris
there was one game i remember playing... called "chip's (something)"

you were this little guy and ran around picking up these "chips". all i remember is that i played it a lot years ago.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Tigris' post='464481' date='Mar 29 2007, 07:43 PM']there was one game i remember playing... called "chip's (something)"

you were this little guy and ran around picking up these "chips". all i remember is that i played it a lot years ago.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] what a useless post.

Well, the games I'm interested in are

Castles II: Siege and Conquest[list]
[*]PC Pentium 133MHz or faster
[*]Windows 95, 98
[*]8MB of RAM
[*]2X CD-ROM drive
[*]DirectX certified sound card
[*]DirectX certified video card
[*]100% Microsoft compatible mouse
[/list]VIKINGS: THE STRATEGY OF ULTIMATE CONQUEST

System Requirements:
[list]
[*]Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME or Macintosh
[*]486-33MHz or faster
[*]8MB RAM
[*]2X CD-ROM drive or faster
[*]15MB Hard Drive space
[*]256-color 640x480 resolution
[*]SoundBlaster compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
[*]Mouse
[/list]Amongst some other games

Privateer I and II

Pagan

and another I haven't yet recalled the name of set as an RPG/mystery in some carribean fishing yard.

Anyway, let me know what you think of my chances.

[quote name='Tigris' post='464481' date='Mar 29 2007, 07:43 PM']there was one game i remember playing... called "chip's (something)"

you were this little guy and ran around picking up these "chips". all i remember is that i played it a lot years ago.[/quote]

chips challenge was the shit... i used to play that game all the time, its kind of the same as the acno's energizer game thats in the go-bengals arcade but much more fun.

chips challenge i think.. played it like a motherfucker..

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='464539' date='Mar 29 2007, 09:40 PM']Well, the games I'm interested in are

Castles II: Siege and Conquest[list]
[*]PC Pentium 133MHz or faster
[*]Windows 95, 98
[*]8MB of RAM
[*]2X CD-ROM drive
[*]DirectX certified sound card
[*]DirectX certified video card
[*]100% Microsoft compatible mouse
[/list]VIKINGS: THE STRATEGY OF ULTIMATE CONQUEST

System Requirements:[list]
[*]Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME or Macintosh
[*]486-33MHz or faster
[*]8MB RAM
[*]2X CD-ROM drive or faster
[*]15MB Hard Drive space
[*]256-color 640x480 resolution
[*]SoundBlaster compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
[*]Mouse
[/list]Amongst some other games

Privateer I and II

Pagan

and another I haven't yet recalled the name of set as an RPG/mystery in some carribean fishing yard.

Anyway, let me know what you think of my chances.[/quote]

ones going as far as working on ME, should work on XP, just likely made before XP arrived so not on box.. the 95/98 one is skeptical..

Guest mongoloido
if you have troubles, right click on the .exe file, go to properties, then the compatibility tab, select the run this program in compatibiltiy mode box, and select Windows 95. That should work.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='464570' date='Mar 29 2007, 10:46 PM']chips challenge i think.. played it like a motherfucker..

ones going as far as working on ME, should work on XP, just likely made before XP arrived so not on box.. the 95/98 one is skeptical..[/quote]

The one that doesn't list ME is actually about 2 years younger, so I wonder if they'll both work. Especially with Mongo's suggestion.

You guys rock, now if you can only figure out my monitors.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='464595' date='Mar 29 2007, 10:26 PM']if you have troubles, right click on the .exe file, go to properties, then the compatibility tab, select the run this program in compatibiltiy mode box, and select Windows 95. That should work.[/quote]

Doubtful even then.

I've tried it with a few games and the compatibility mode doesn't make much difference....

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='464596' date='Mar 29 2007, 11:29 PM']The one that doesn't list ME is actually about 2 years younger, so I wonder if they'll both work. Especially with Mongo's suggestion.

You guys rock, now if you can only figure out my monitors.[/quote]

im still workin on the monitors, we have that splitter being used at work for a monitor and a tv, im going to see if i can get extended desktop going on it this weekend, *rubs chin*

Guest CincyInDC
Do you have a Windows 95/98/ME key? Use VMWare Player to run old Windows in a window in XP. It's surprisingly fast...especially when you consider the minimum system requirements for those OS's and the specs of your XP machine (assuming it's a relatively new PC).

To create the Virtual Machine, you'll have to use VMWare Workstation... [url="http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/"]http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/[/url] (free 30-day trial)

Once the VM is created, you can use VMWare Player (free) to actually use it.

Hopefully these games aren't TOO graphics intensive (i.e., no 3D).

Archived