Official Go-Bengals mock draft part 2

[quote name='Tigris' post='472047' date='Apr 13 2007, 10:10 PM']i just developed this feeling today that all the guys i would like to get arent going to be there when we pick.

revis, hall, okoye, carriker, willis, houston

for some reason i see them all taken. the only one i think that might be there is houston. i just got sick :puke:[/quote]
I think at least one of the big 3 corners will be available, and if not than Beason will probably be the pick. Or Ginn... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img] :shakesfist:

Guest Tigris

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='472049' date='Apr 13 2007, 10:14 PM']I think at least one of the big 3 corners will be available, and if not than Beason will probably be the pick. Or Ginn... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img] :shakesfist:[/quote]
im hoping someone takes ginn before us. it'd allow for another good defender to fall to us.

i think the pick would turn out decent (ginn), it wouldnt kill us, heck, it'd help us actually, but i still dont see marvin taking ted ginn. the visiting is a big set up, imo. if im wrong, whatever, im wrong... but right now, i dont see a snow ball chance in hell we select an offensive player with that 1st pick

Guest Master Shake
Well I guess no one wants to pick for the Stoolers... I'd say this pick is between Carriker and Hall, with maybe a thought to Levi Brown...

I'll go with Hall... their CBs are really suspect.

[quote name='Tigris' post='472586' date='Apr 15 2007, 01:48 PM']id pick but i have NO CLUE what the packers need[/quote]
They need a tight end, runningback, safety, wide receiver, defensive lineman, corner.... I don't want to waste my last pick on the Packers.

I thought there would be a lot more participation in this draft, since anyone can pick. You guys are slackers :onoudidnt:

[b]The Bengals select corner Chris Houston from Arkansas.[/b]

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/341417739_b2c5ea3b59_o.jpg[/img]

We like Beason, but felt that a corner, especially one the caliber of Houston was a better pick. With Houston's athletic ability and ball skills, we felt that he was the best corner in the draft, and are very happy to see him available at 18. What sold us on him was his extreme confidence in his abilities, and his aggressive style of play. His size was a bit of a concern, but after watching him match up with big guys like Meachem, Jarrett and Bowe, and essentially shutting them down, it was no longer a concern. Teamed up with Joseph, we may have the fastest corner duo in the NFL with both players clocked sub 4.32 speed.

Guest Tigris

akili has been waiting to make the bengals pick since he started this thing... :lol:

im not going to argue, that would have been my pick, too!

Astonished that the Titans ignored their needs at CB and WR and took the player they themselves targeted with Levi Brown and unable to trade down, the Giants fill a big need and select Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan.

Cincinnati fans everywhere breathe a collective sigh of relief that the Bengals avoid drafting yet another Central Michigan offensive lineman.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='473095' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:40 PM']Anyone who has more than one team want to give up one?[/quote]
Teams aren't assigned. You can make a pick for any team, your just not allowed to pick twice in a row.

Well, since no one is picking up the slack to keep this going, I'll give it a shot...

With the 21st pick in the NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select:

[img]http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2006-12-30-ross.jpg[/img]
[b]
Aaron Ross, Cornerback, Texas[/b]

With the unfortunate shooting of Darrent Williams in January, the Broncos have big hole to fill in the secondary, so they are happy to pick up the recipient of the Thorpe Award as college football's top defensive back, even though they might have preferred to trade down a few spots to land him there.

The Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock....

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Tigris' post='473704' date='Apr 17 2007, 05:12 PM']someone needs to take carriker to make this lifelike real quick[/quote]

Well the Pats and the Jets (I think) both run the 3-4 and have the next 2 picks... I'm sure one of them will need a DE.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Master Shake' post='473727' date='Apr 17 2007, 05:49 PM']Well the Pats and the Jets (I think) both run the 3-4 and have the next 2 picks... I'm sure one of them will need a DE.[/quote]

Umm... Pats draft Carriker... Seymour's getting old and they'll soon need a new end to pair with Ty Warren... too much value to pass up at this point.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='474000' date='Apr 18 2007, 07:33 AM']Umm... Pats draft Carriker... Seymour's getting old and they'll soon need a new end to pair with Ty Warren... too much value to pass up at this point.[/quote]

Jets take Paul Posluszny....Penn State Product is a perfect fit for Mangini.

The Eagles are [i]very[/i] tempted by Brandon Meriweather at this spot. But with Mr. Commissioner's most recent display of power, they'll think long and hard about pulling the trigger (pun intended) on the pick.

Robert Meachem, although WR is not nearly as much of a need, is also very tempting at this point, as many have him ranked as a top receiver in this draft.

In the end, need outweighs intrigue, and the Eagles select Mr. Meriweather.

Archived