Obama says some have 'hijacked' faith

Jamie_B

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='504052' date='Jun 25 2007, 01:05 PM']havent seen it. Dobbs likes to scare people with that stuff IMO.[/quote]

[i]One of those things I disagree with him about. Did you know his wife is of Mexican decent?

They use that info as an intro "Lou Dobbs has a secret".[/i]

[quote name='Lawman' post='504062' date='Jun 25 2007, 01:14 PM'][i]One of those things I disagree with him about. Did you know his wife is of Mexican decent?

They use that info as an intro "Lou Dobbs has a secret".[/i][/quote]

no i didnt, thats kind of vauge though, there are rich mexicans who treat the poor like crap in that country. It's rather bad.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='504009' date='Jun 25 2007, 12:16 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]And who says Abortion is murder ?
Also will you be applying #6 to the Death Penalty and the War on Terror ? [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

I missed this early and knew it would come up . The commandment is "Not to Murder"; now some would argue that the Commandment should read "Thou shall not kill".

Well, I expect you to cry semantics, but here it goes "kill" and "murder" are not the same.

A person get's accidentally run over by a car, can be "killed" but not "murdered."

[i]Back to Wiki: Murder is the [u]malicious[/u] and [u]unlawful[/u] killing of one human being by another.[/i]

[color="#000080"]In Abrahamic religion, the prohibition against murder is one of the Ten Commandments given by God to Moses. (Exodus: 20v13) (Deuteronomy 5v17) (See Murder in the Bible.) Interestingly, the Vulgate, and subsequent early English translations of the bible, uses the word kill rather than murder. [b]In recent times, biblical scholars have identified and corrected this discrepancy in modern biblical translations[/b]. Consequently, Christian churches have some doctrinal differences about what forms of homicide are prohibited biblically, though all agree murder is. Other religious texts and almost all human societies have similar prohibitions against murder and other forms of killing.[/color]

[i]Roe vs Wade makes abortion legal, but what I am saying is that it does not make it right.[/i]

[i]My personal view on the death penalty is that I am not too favorable of it. I believe how it is employed does not deter murders and there are too many instances where innocent people have been excecuted (even though I think the numbers are relativly small).[/i]

[i]The War on Terror; deals with war and the banner of honor that a soldier may engage the enemy. Homer and I had a discussion awhile back on this subject.[/i]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='504067' date='Jun 25 2007, 01:19 PM']no i didnt, thats kind of vauge though, there are rich mexicans who treat the poor like crap in that country. It's rather bad.[/quote]

[i]Warning: I almost invoked the spirit of Hilmar von Campe on this subject.[/i]

:ph34r:

[i]He was managing director of an automotive parts factory in Mexico and is very critical of the Mexican government.[/i]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Coalition_of_America"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Coalition_of_America[/url]

[color="#000080"]The Christian Coalition of America is a US Christian political advocacy group, which includes Christian fundamentalists, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Roman Catholics and members of mainline Protestant churches. It claims to have 1,200,000 members, but the organization People For the American Way says other data suggest it is 300,000-400,000.[1] The Christian Coalition was founded by Rev. Pat Robertson, who served as the organization's president for some time. The current president is Roberta Combs (through 2006). Joel Hunter was scheduled to assume the presidency of the organization as of January 1, 2007,[2] but he then declined to take the job, citing differences of philosophy and vision.[b] Hunter believed the group could better represent Christ by focusing on issues such as poverty and the environment[/b]. And while he reported that he was not asked to leave, Hunter felt the board considered his additional issues weren't core to their constituency.[3][/color]

[i]BJ, I do not prescribe to the afore-mention entity, which I believe Obama may have been speaking. However, his ideology is still wrong to me.[/i]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='504041' date='Jun 25 2007, 12:55 PM']By the way can we make note of this thread as proof that BJ and I dont always agree? (Since Rudi32 seems to think we do.) :D[/quote]

LOL

I am following the debate.

although I am getting worried..........we have agreed on like 3 post over the past few weeks.

maybe we are more alike than we both think.

:D

by the way, if you are going to be at any games, pm me. I would like to get up before the game and see ya
^_^

[quote name='rudi32' post='504143' date='Jun 25 2007, 04:48 PM']LOL

I am following the debate.

although I am getting worried..........we have agreed on like 3 post over the past few weeks.

maybe we are more alike than we both think.

:D

by the way, if you are going to be at any games, pm me. I would like to get up before the game and see ya
^_^[/quote]

Im working on making it for the home opener, nothing official yet but I think I have tickets.

Archived