World taking on Big Tobacco

Guest BlackJesus

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' date='Mar 2 2005, 02:32 AM']This is the last thing I will say about this!

Old so your saying if you went to a [b]public pool[/b] and was swimming. I could walk up to the pool wip out my johnson and piss in the pool, you would have to deal with it![right][post="54220"][/post][/right][/quote]

Like you don`t already. :roll:...lol

And please inform me of a [b]public building [/b] where smoking is allowed.
I don`t know of any..... :huh:
I have been talking about Bars/resturants...those aren`t public
places....they are privately owned busniesses.

[quote]I don't think smoking should be band, its your right to smoke but smoking around me and my kid in a public building is not right. WE have to breath the same air you are breathing![/quote]

Smoking is already banned in every public building I know of.
So I don`t see your point there.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Your view: By banning smoking in all indoor places(i.e. restaurants, bars) you are losing your freedom.

My View: by allowing it I am either losing my freedom to not have to breath it or I am losing my freedom to go to those establishments.

I can see the validity to both arguments I just agree with the latter.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='Mar 2 2005, 07:57 AM']We will just have to agree to disagree.

Your view: By banning smoking in all indoor places(i.e. restaurants, bars) you are losing your freedom.

My View: by allowing it I am either losing my freedom to not have to breath it or I am losing my freedom to go to those establishments.
I can see the validity to both arguments I just agree with the latter.
[right][post="54268"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well see Tiger Johnson the way I see it....is that if you had your way.
Then you are taking away my freedom as a smoker...and the freedom
of the person that owns the bar/resturant in question......

I can understand that, and I partially agree, but people who choose to smoke are taking away my freedoms as previously stated.

Like I said I can see both sides of the argument, but I happen to agree with the latter. Smoking is a habit of choice that is not a neccesary evil and with it the people who do it in places I want to go are taking away my freedom to breath clean air and/or my freedom to go that particular establishment.

Guest BlackJesus
[color="blue"][b]It should be obvious just through our discussion that this is a heated issue and no matter what is decided some will be real pissed....

Unfortunatley for smokers (I guess) the anti-smoking lobby is becoming pretty huge [/b][/color]

[quote name='creechnasty' date='Mar 1 2005, 09:56 PM']Well i hope this answers your question:
You aren't losing the freedom to go to the establishment... no one said that you couldn't...  BUT you knew that it was a place where smoking was allowed BEFORE you went there... did you not?  There are certainly more places out there that don't allow smoking then ones that do... Go to those. You act like it was a non-smoking place at one point and smokers decided to overtake it...  It was a package deal to begin with: place + smoking... [b]It was like if a place was called "We Punch You in the Face While Eating" or WPYitFWE for short... And Joe Shmoe says "they got great food... but i don't like all the face punching... [/b]I know... I'll make em change it."

So what makes non-smokers think they can take away the rights of businesses to allow smoking????  The place i work and i assume it goes the same all around as well, gets a discount on insurance because they don't allow smoking... So, one would think, that the places that do allow smoking are doing so knowing they don't get a discount... BUT IT IS THEIR CHOICE... Do you see the overall theme here??
Of course you don't...
[right][post="54103"][/post][/right][/quote]

LMFAO!!!!
:lol:

Archived