Anyone want to bid on this high quality object.

85fanwilkes

Jeff Blake McFarlane :rolleyes: ....

[img]http://images.andale.com/f2/125/115/11165356/2007/7/11/BENGALSBLAKEPACK.JPG[/img]
[img]http://images.andale.com/f2/125/115/11165356/2007/7/11/BENGALSBLAKEPACK.JPG[/img]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/MCFARLANE-CUSTOM-JEFF-BLAKE-CINCINATTI-BENGALS-QB-NICE_W0QQitemZ290138187046QQihZ019QQcategoryZ48978QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Bid here now![/url]

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='511817' date='Jul 17 2007, 07:37 PM']Oddly enough I can't find anything online about a Jeff Blake figure made by MacFarlane toys.
MULLY[/quote]

it says its "custom" and the paint clearly looks like someone painted it...

so someone "made" it...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='511887' date='Jul 18 2007, 12:27 PM']it says its "custom" and the paint clearly looks like someone painted it...
so someone "made" it...[/quote]

I didn't look at the auction page. I just saw the "Macfarlane" name and started looking. I'd never heard that they had made a Jeff Blake.
MULLY

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='511745' date='Jul 18 2007, 05:39 AM']Jeff Blake was actually good..We just had nothing else.[/quote]

Actually when we got Blake I was kind of proud of the Bengals for getting a black QB. You know how anal that fucking city is.
MULLY

[quote name='GoBengals' post='511937' date='Jul 18 2007, 02:18 PM']preech on...[/quote]

I was there for the Mapplethorpe exhibit. I saw it. Nothing so bad that they had to make that big of a stink about it. <_< Had they kept their mouths shut it would have blown through town and only the artsy fartsy people would have seen it. But alas, anal retentive Cincinnati had to blow it out of proportion so everyone and their sister would go there to see it.
MULLY
first time to see a man getting ass fisted though :o

From Wikipedia
[quote]His The Perfect Moment exhibit in 1990 which included seven sadomasochistic portraits in Cincinnati resulted in the unsuccessful prosecution of the Cincinnati Contemporary Arts Center and its director Dennis Barrie on charges of "pandering obscenity".[/quote]

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='511939' date='Jul 18 2007, 01:30 AM']I was there for the Mapplethorpe exhibit. I saw it. Nothing so bad that they had to make that big of a stink about it. <_< Had they kept their mouths shut it would have blown through town and only the artsy fartsy people would have seen it. But alas, anal retentive Cincinnati had to blow it out of proportion so everyone and their sister would go there to see it.
MULLY
first time to see a man getting ass fisted though :o

From Wikipedia[/quote]

Calling something art doesn't mean it can't be obscene.

Obscenity doesn't bother me, but if there is such a thing as obscenity, Mapplethorpe's stuff would have to qualify.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='511950' date='Jul 18 2007, 03:15 PM']Calling something art doesn't mean it can't be obscene.

Obscenity doesn't bother me, but if there is such a thing as obscenity, Mapplethorpe's stuff would have to qualify.[/quote]

I'm not saying it wasn't obscene. It surely was. But like I said, had they just kept their mouths shut about it the damn thing would have come and gone and hardly anyone would have known about it. They raise a stink and everyone scurries down to see it. They probably funded the art gallery for a decade after pulling that shit. Also, FWIW, the photos in question were separated from the main gallery and you had to be 21 to get in to see them. When I went there was a line a mile long to get into the over 21 room and the rest of the gallery was practically empty. No one was interested in seeing the regular photos.
MULLY

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
anyone see the movie about the Mapplethorpe exhibit? it has james woods (very good actor). i found it to be a very interesting movie.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='511952' date='Jul 18 2007, 02:46 AM']But like I said, had they just kept their mouths shut about it the damn thing would have come and gone and hardly anyone would have known about it. They raise a stink and everyone scurries down to see it.[/quote]

If only the world's uptight fucks that want to 'protect the innocent from corruption' would learn from these lessons.

Like you said, shit like this would fly right under the radar with no one knowing if they would shut their traps and not bring it to the entire nation's attention.

How long do you think shit like 2 Live Crew, Marilyn Manson and Eminem would have lasted if people didnt raise such a fuss about their shock-value? No one gives a rats ass until they are told they aren't supposed to have it. Slap a Parental Advisory sticker on it and that makes people want it all the more because they are being told they shouldnt have it. Manson and eminem would have died out after their first CDs if people would have stopped catering to their antics and feeding them reasons to stick around and try to top themselves.

And so the thread isnt completely hijacked...

'Where were you when Jeff Blake was launching moon balls?
Where were you when the team made up the Carl Pickens clause?'

-Ryan Parker
"Bengal Bandwagon"
B)

Archived